Nikon 니콘 - D90 -

Greetings to everyone,

I’m very new on DSLR, would like to share picture which i took. And hopefully you all are kind to correct my mistake. Thank you /

p/s: your comment, welcome. :wink:

Regard,
Ninety~

ermmmm…pm you later better

Nikon D90 ?

1st impression, very symmetrical.
2nd impression, horizon very level.

thou is it abit over exposed esp d 2nd photo? not very sure. but anyway, congrats on ur new d90 and looking fwd to ur photo sharing. cheers~

i’m not pro but what i see…i tell lor~

not bad those photo…but the colour a bit weird… like … dull only…

welcome d90 and keep the photos coming in…

i am totally same view as the lxxxp gd…kkk…from my view,you first pic,the horizon line,dont you sense it a bit senget?and the sky colour…erm…white balance procblem?or expousure/setting problem?composition also a bit weird…the colour matching…erm…

second pic pulak,i think the most serious problem is the over expourse and composition problem…

ok,the other i hide it first,tomorrow join us??at citrus 9pm…join larrrrr~~~~~can learn many things one!!

ninety you handheld the camera or used tripod?

i like photography, too. but still skill-less and cannot come to the stage to comment on others’ works… but i think the first one if taken without people might be better. the second one i think the sky too white… if blue-white like the first one, then dewan swara also blue and white^^ might somehow look better…

For the second picture,sky is over-exposed.
Try to play with the Picture Control.

90,join us at citrus!!!k?

Bunyimanok, yes i’m using nikon d90. How about you?

[quote=“teamGD”]1st impression, very symmetrical.
2nd impression, horizon very level.

thou is it abit over exposed esp d 2nd photo? not very sure. but anyway, congrats on ur new d90 and looking fwd to ur photo sharing. cheers~[/quote]

Teamgd, how to avoid over exposed? can give me some suggestion?

[quote=“benze79”]i’m not pro but what i see…i tell lor~

not bad those photo…but the colour a bit weird… like … dull only…[/quote]

Benze79, yes i found it weird also, is it because of the white balance?

Ladybird, thank you.

[quote=“inspire”]i am totally same view as the lxxxp gd…kkk…from my view,you first pic,the horizon line,dont you sense it a bit senget?and the sky colour…erm…white balance procblem?or expousure/setting problem?composition also a bit weird…the colour matching…erm…

second pic pulak,i think the most serious problem is the over expourse and composition problem…

ok,the other i hide it first,tomorrow join us??at citrus 9pm…join larrrrr~~~~~can learn many things one!![/quote]

Inspire, white balance problem? How to correct the white balance?? Maybe you can share your experience on the setting. Composition, i’m not really good at it. Maybe you can share your experience with me.

[quote=“k-ray”]ninety you handheld the camera or used tripod?

i like photography, too. but still skill-less and cannot come to the stage to comment on others’ works… but i think the first one if taken without people might be better. the second one i think the sky too white… if blue-white like the first one, then dewan swara also blue and white^^ might somehow look better…[/quote]

Kray, handheld my camera without a tripod, for the mean time. Hopefully my next shooting at the same location will have better result. With clear sky and nicer colour.

[quote=“bunyimanok”]For the second picture,sky is over-exposed.
Try to play with the Picture Control.[/quote]

Bunyimanok, how to play with picture control.

Inspire, can’t promise anything yet. But i would love to join.

i dont know how to adjust the setting on your d90,probably at the setting there…try to get closer to your cam and know him well…play play and most important shoot more…

hi D90, Welcome to MCnet (although u joined last month :P) and welcome to the photography world :smiley:

i think the problem u had was ur setting, ur metering is set to spot, pls set back to multi/dynamic or centre weighted.
or
u acciendentally set the EV compasation to +?ev … set it back to 0ev.

every beginner will face the problem of learning to understand the setting of camera, as inspire suggest, join the gathering tomolo night, and ask,ask,ask,ask,ask,… bring a notebook too to note downs notes :stuck_out_tongue:

and regrad your photo, well, beginner’s weakness, the horizontal line, but this will be fixed after 2-3 months of shooting, it will comes naturally that ur eye will adjust to the horinzontal line :slight_smile:

[quote=“d90”]Teamgd, how to avoid over exposed? can give me some suggestion?
[/quote]
hmm, honestly im not good with technical stuff. but for shooting landscape, i would set the metering using matrix, and since it’s broad day light, iso either 100 or 200 is good enough. so far, i have not tried using M mode yet, usually use d A mode. So since it’s landscape need capture most of d details, shud try to reduce d opening. herm, tat’s my noob sharing cos i really blur at technical stuff hehe. all i can say is, happy shooting, trial and error, join other photogs, share and improve together. =) woops abit too lohso jor hahaha

Landscape tips;

1. Camera on tripod. (prevent camera shake)
  2. Low ISO - 100,200. (low noise image)
  3. Small aperture - f/22 or smaller. (max depth-of-field)
  4. Matrix metering. (balance exposure)
  5. Creative compositions. ( u pikir sendiri :smiley: :smiley: )

D90!!!would really like to see your product again…hey,can introduce yourself?? :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Nainet”]Landscape tips;

1. Camera on tripod. (prevent camera shake)
  2. Low ISO - 100,200. (low noise image)
  3. Small aperture - f/22 or smaller. (max depth-of-field)
  4. Matrix metering. (balance exposure)
  5. Creative compositions. ( u pikir sendiri :smiley: :smiley: )[/quote]

Thanks!
About tripod, I’m planning to get one. Saw a few from shashinki they are not bad as well. But need further advise from you and the rest who have tripod.

Inspire, i wish i can show you more but busy with work. Didn’t really have much time to play around with it. Only some picture I manage to took around my housing area.

it is ok…if you got go snapshot or shooting at morning/afternoon time in town,feel free to call me b4 the day,if you not mind a compact guy around you…0168558618…

hope to see you in gathering next time!!!

[quote=“inspire”]it is ok…if you got go snapshot or shooting at morning/afternoon time in town,feel free to call me b4 the day,if you not mind a compact guy around you…0168558618…

hope to see you in gathering next time!!![/quote]

Thanks Inspire. will look for you soon.

a polarizer filter also.