News- DAP Rep Manoharan gets brickbats over tweets on LCW

http://my.news.yahoo.com/manoharan-gets … 49220.html

National badminton player Lee Chong Weis close defeat to Lin Dan last night may have left many disappointed, but it was a DAP assemblyperson who is now feeling the heat.

While Lees ( right ) efforts won him praise and adoration, DAPs Kota Alam Shah assemblyperson M Manoharans remarks on micro-blogging site Twitter has only earned him brickbats.

Twitter user Nurashikin Ahmad said:We will not allow you to make Lee Chong Wei feel inferior! He has done more for this country than you probably could ever do.

Others slammed Manoharan for his idiocy and foot-in-mouth disease, and for politicising a sporting event which they felt had managed to unite the nation.

Some, like user Alaram Kalai, took it a notch further by threatening to lodge a police report against Manoharan.

Colleagues in Pakatan Rakyat, too, were not happy.

Some politicians should never use social media if they lack the ability to think before tweeting, said DAPs Subang Jaya assemblyperson Hannah Yeoh, seemingly in response to Manoharan.

PKRs Seri Setia assemblyperson Nik Nazmi Nik Ahmad also said it is unreasonable to belittle Lees efforts due to bigotry ( ketaksuban ).

Manoharans string of faux pas began soon after Lin Dan clinched the gold, when he tweeted: Lin Dan wins. He played better than Lee Chong AWAY.

He then followed through by stating that Lin Dan had played better than his Malaysian counterpart and that anyone who thought otherwise was talking nonsense.

Digging in further, Manoharan then berated the government for promising monetary rewards for athletes and snidely said that the cash prize should now be extended to the poor boy Lin Dan.

He also got accused of racism when he tweeted: Lin Dan is so stylish. So modern. Doesnt look like a China man, but from China. Tattoo(s) all over.

Ya, ya, China men live in the jungle, Twitter used Chew Hoong Ling responded.

To top it off, Manoharan said that Malaysia can expect a gold if Pakatan Rakyat is in power.

I dont know why theyre upset

Contacted today, Manoharan seemed surprised that his tweets has gotten Twitterjaya up in arms.

My comments were not intended to insult or degrade anybody. I dont know why people are getting so upset. My intention was for the betterment of the sport, to see a gold medal in the future, he said.

He explained that the tweet “Lee Chong AWAY” meant that that “the gold medal had gone away” to China.

Manoharan also denied that he had made a racist remark and that there is nothing wrong with calling someone stylish.

I did not condemn Lee. We all know he did his best, but I maintain that Lin Dan was the better player.

Sports and politics do mix. Under the BN we have stadiums collapsing, in-fighting among sports associations and sports councils. A lot can be done to improve this."

He also blamed the gold medal drought on the government, accusing it of not fighting hard enough to include sports like squash and sepak takraw into the Olympic Games.

Nicol David has been an undefeated world champion for many years, said the politician, who last year landed in hot water for tweeting that Malaysian does not have a world class flag.

He added that while he does not speak on behalf of the coalition, he believes Pakatan can do a better job in managing sports in the country.

Give Pakatan a chance to see gold in the 2016 Olympics in Rio, he reiterated.

If want to start sarcasm, make sure you put [sarcasm] tag on it.

Pakatan better fire this clown or i m withholding my vote. :oops:

Another keyboard warrior. Deserves lots of flaming!

Why he suddenly bring up about BN stadium. If PR stadium can produce more gold athletes? LoL!

Manoharan is an idiot.

not every party is perfect.
stupid ppl like this also on PR side.
even one case at srwk. they ask the govt to close down ramadhan bazaar bcause of the so call cholera disease.
one more,when one of a non govt body asking the DAP to ask for sponsorship for organizing a motorsport event,here in miri.they simply say we x support motorsport.wtf??
and there are a few more cases they are acting stupid.
thats why i still think we need to look at the background of these ppl before voting them.are they credible enough, or just can give good and motivating ceramah when memancing undi. but cannot lead when already voted.
vote wisely,not just vote the party. we can make a difference

I dig u macha manoharan but i actually some sports

Did u?

Suda kalah so now kena cari penganti.
We have junior world champion men double to groom

What an idiot for writing that statement.

A shame to the PR for having such person.

http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/205663

ADUN DAP M Manoharan hari ini memohon maaf kepada Datuk Lee Chong Wei atas tulisannya semalam berhubung pencapaian pemain badminton negara itu di temasya Olimpik 2012 yang menerima cemuhan ramai.

Dalam tulisannya di Twitter hari ini, Manoharan memohon maaf kepada Lee dan keluarga atas tulisan yang dikesalinya itu.

"Saya amat mengesali komen yang saya buat dan memohon maaf setulusnya kepada Datuk Lee Chong Wei dan keluarga.

“Saya dengan ikhlas berharap permohonan maaf ini akan diterima,” katanya.

Ianya bermula sejurus selepas lawan Lee, Lin Dan dari China kelmarin berjaya merangkul pingat emas dalam perlawanan akhir badminton perseorangan lelaki.

Sejurus keputusan itu, Manoharan menulis dalam Twitter bahawa Lin Dan telah menang dan dia bermain lebih baik daripada “Lee Chong AWAY…”

Manoharan antara lainnya dituduh bersifat perkauman apabila menulis bahawa lawan Lee itu “begitu bergaya, begitu moden, tidak kelihatan seperti orang lelaki China, tetapi dari China, penuh dengan tattoo.”

Tulisannya menerima pelbagai reaksi daripada pengguna laman micro-blogging tersebut yang antara lainnya menjawab: “Ya, ya, orang Cina tinggal dalam hutan.”

Malah, rakan-rakannya Manoharan dari Pakatan Rakyat - ADUN DAP Subang Jaya Hannah Yeoh dan ADUN PKR Seri Setia, Nik Nazmi Nik Ahmad - juga tidak senang dengan tulisannya.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/297631_401071333275768_1533549785_n.jpg :mrgreen:

[quote=“Desmond168”]http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/205663

ADUN DAP M Manoharan hari ini memohon maaf kepada Datuk Lee Chong Wei atas tulisannya semalam berhubung pencapaian pemain badminton negara itu di temasya Olimpik 2012 yang menerima cemuhan ramai.

Dalam tulisannya di Twitter hari ini, Manoharan memohon maaf kepada Lee dan keluarga atas tulisan yang dikesalinya itu.

"Saya amat mengesali komen yang saya buat dan memohon maaf setulusnya kepada Datuk Lee Chong Wei dan keluarga.

“Saya dengan ikhlas berharap permohonan maaf ini akan diterima,” katanya.

Ianya bermula sejurus selepas lawan Lee, Lin Dan dari China kelmarin berjaya merangkul pingat emas dalam perlawanan akhir badminton perseorangan lelaki.

Sejurus keputusan itu, Manoharan menulis dalam Twitter bahawa Lin Dan telah menang dan dia bermain lebih baik daripada “Lee Chong AWAY…”

Manoharan antara lainnya dituduh bersifat perkauman apabila menulis bahawa lawan Lee itu “begitu bergaya, begitu moden, tidak kelihatan seperti orang lelaki China, tetapi dari China, penuh dengan tattoo.”

Tulisannya menerima pelbagai reaksi daripada pengguna laman micro-blogging tersebut yang antara lainnya menjawab: “Ya, ya, orang Cina tinggal dalam hutan.”

Malah, rakan-rakannya Manoharan dari Pakatan Rakyat - ADUN DAP Subang Jaya Hannah Yeoh dan ADUN PKR Seri Setia, Nik Nazmi Nik Ahmad - juga tidak senang dengan tulisannya.[/quote]

I think he is unfit to become ADUN DAP.
He’s the bad apple inside that party and bad apple must be dispose off.
People from politics should always watch the way they gave speech and comments as they have social status that might influence other people.
Speech/comments/talks without thinking is what destroyed would destroy the unity of races.

“lin dan is stylish so modern, doesnt look like china man, but from china. tattoo all over”

sound so gay. what is the purpose of his remark? put tattoo can improve badminton skill? i wish to tell him to put tattoo all over his body then i wanna challenge him in a badminton match… see if he can win or not

I’m sure you guys remember Manoharan mempersenda doa masuk tandas dan Jalur Gemilang a couple of years ago.

this Monaharan trying to be hero… but he is no more like a person mabuk todi… talk too much non-sense.

he talks ■■■■ only.

itu orang cakap macam 5 year old kid, pikir macam 5 year old kid… siapa itu?

and as for LCW… respect!

after spit he licks back!!!desperate 2 get attention/popular…hehehehehe