New streamyx promo next month march!

DEAR ALL,
STREAMYX PROMO BACK AGAIN…THIS TIME ITS STREAMYX COMBO!!BUSINESS PACKAGE ALSO GOT PACKAGES
a. Streamyx Combo package is a package which offers Streamyx broadband Internet access service and includes FREE monthly rental of TM Homeline. Customers just need to pay a single monthly subscription fee for both the services.
b. The prices for Streamyx Combo packages are cheaper than any existing package, whereby customer pays separately for Streamyx and TM Homeline rental.
c. Streamyx Combo package comes with UNLIMITED broadband usage and with modem.
d. Details of Streamyx Combo package offerings are as follows:

Streamyx Combo Package

1. 384Kbps at RM60 per month
  2. 512Kbps at RM90 per month
  3. 1.0Mbps at RM110 per month
  4. 2.0Mbps at RM140 per month
  5. 4.0Mbps at RM160 per month

FOR BUSINESS PACKAGE IS AS BELOW:

SOHO 2Mbps
Monthly subscription fee of RM318, dynamic IP, 1 email, with modem, FREE one Hotspot account, minimum subscription is 12 months.

SOHO 4Mbps
Monthly subscription fee of RM468, dynamic IP, 1 email, with modem, FREE one Hotspot account, minimum subscription is 12 months.

1IP 4Mbps
Monthly subscription fee of RM988, 1IP, 3 emails, with modem, FREE one Hotspot account, minimum subscription is 12 months.

5IP 4Mbps
Monthly subscription fee of RM1688, 5IPs, 3 emails, with modem, FREE one Hotspot account, minimum subscription is 12 months

So… this applies for Miri or just the more “populated” areas like Selangor and such. =P

I remember seeing on the TM site a couple of months ago about the launching of their 2MB & 4MB service, but it was only for Selangor.

But if this is true for Miri, then it’s good news. Finally, we are gonna get some good speeds.

Why not some promo for the business packages for once? We pay almost double for the same lousy (dis)service.

Cross finger… i just got mine hook up last week at home… hopefully i can get some value out of the money paid… 8)

1. 4.0Mbps at RM160 per month

anyone using this package? need feedback for the average dl and ul speed.

Checked 2mbps & 4mbps coverage areas again…and as I suspected.

http://www.tm.net.my/tmnet2006/contents … _4mbps.cfm

Lame…

Not to hijack this thread, but I will be moving to Miri to work soon.

What is the best Internet speed I can hope for, and are there better areas than others.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi mcneilms, welcome to MiriCommunity.net and also, welcome to Miri. Hope you’ll enjoy your stay here.

The only (consistent enough) provider that is available in most areas currently is Streamyx, from TMnet. That is for ADSL, and the most basic for home package costs RM66 monthly. You will need a phone line and some basic installations + hardware (computer modem, etc)

The other provider is Danawa, which currently provides free (for now) WiFi across the city, so all you need is a WiFi receiver. Note some areas will not have this service. Perhaps other members here can provide more details on it.

If for some reason you’re just looking for dial-up - Jaring and TMnet provides these services as well, in the form of prepaid card and login.

Just some basic info to get you going. Don’t hesitate to ask if you need more info.

ian, do Danawa offer broadband like streamyx?

streamyx can change name to Screamyx !!!

What they are offering is wireless broadband. However I do not have much details about it, you need to contact them for further info:

http://danawa.com.my

One of our members here work there as well, we can also wait for him to respond.

The last time I tried, the speed is actually better than Streamyx 1MB package. No idea why. But the downside about this is that:

1. Connection is very unstable.
  2. There are times when you just can’t connect to the WiFi.
  3. Signal might be missing all of a sudden even after using it for just a few minutes.
  4. Sometimes you get connection but can never connect to it.

Good thing about it though:

1. It’s free
  2. It’s free
  3. Like I said, it’s free!

Keep in mind though wireless connections will definitely be influenced by objects with magnets such as refrigerator and so forth. So if you plan to use your connection will putting your laptop beside a refrigerator I just think we should just forget about it :stuck_out_tongue: (Correct me if im wrong on this though. Also please tell me if i’m correct. I heard about this from a friend but I need confirmation from other as well :P).

Atm, i think i’m still dissapointed with streamyx but what to do when they have no competitors. I remember the case when I called to complain to telekom about my connection dc’ing all the time at least 5-10 times a day in the past. Then when I got a call from their technician they told me to just bear with it or just discontinue using telekom. Happened 2 years ago. All I remember is that b4 I hung up I said to the guy, “Pakcik, saya tahu bukan salah kamu. Tapi kamu memang suka marah saya ya? Haraplah anak kau juga menghadapi masalah ini dan complain sama kau. Kamu jangan nanti complain pada management lagi ya? Jangan lupa gosok gigi juga. Memang bau. Kalau managemant tau susahlah.” He blabbered a lot of things to me and i ignored him and said to him to waste his time slowly.

Keep in mind though wireless connections will definitely be influenced by objects with magnets such as refrigerator and so forth. So if you plan to use your connection will putting your laptop beside a refrigerator I just think we should just forget about it :stuck_out_tongue: (Correct me if im wrong on this though. Also please tell me if i’m correct. I heard about this from a friend but I need confirmation from other as well :P).

As long as the location is open and uncluttered, you will have uninterfered signal. There is no need to worry about magnets. Since a fridge is mostly a large metallic object, chances are, magnetic or not, it will still weaken your signal no matter what. The only thing about magnets you need to worry about is not put your magnetic media (ie hard disks, id tag cards, floppy disks[?] ) so close to them. Close, as in, close enough to brush against it. Otherwise they’re fairly shielded.

I also know of a person who says that my computer UPS (uninteruptable power supply) ‘interferes’ with the streamyx line, and he ‘advises’ me to not use the phone cable so close to the UPS. He also said street lights will interfere with phone cables too. And if you use another operating system (ie Linux) that he has no understanding of, then he’ll blame it on that too. Because he is a ‘certified’ Streamyx technician, what he said must be true.

Any thing that moves, emits lights, sounds, ultra sound, radio waves, shakes, magnetic, metal, plastics, satellites, astro receiver, VCR, DVD players, bluetooth, WiFi, router or splitter can interfere streamyx line, causing frequent disconnection or slow browsing. It’s proven and this is very damn true :lol:

[quote=“GeminiGeek”]
Any thing that moves, emits lights, sounds, ultra sound, radio waves, shakes, magnetic, metal, plastics, satellites, astro receiver, VCR, DVD players, bluetooth, WiFi, router or splitter can interfere streamyx line, causing frequent disconnection or slow browsing. It’s proven and this is very damn true :lol:[/quote]

Don’t forget elements of varying density such as water, air and Earth.

streamyx+celcom good deal?wat i know the modem alone is RM600++…during pc fair i saw deconnexion booth side by side with celcom+streamyx booth…i guess the person promoting celcom+streamyx doesnt to lose kantau…but he is selling both product!!!very greedy

it’s not greedy, it’s joint venture.

Malasia company is not strong enough to compete with foreign company. If there are other mega company step inside, local company will be overwhelming. And…

worse case scenario…
there’s goes my bills and expenses getting rising very fast

Dont use streamyx Pls… lag…like S**T expansive and slow…service poor…by technician and customer service…eventhough new promotion…RM60 combo…also no use…speed? >> 384/128… wht this speed… waiting for new wymax come in…then streamyx knew it…