New Registration

nightwatch, is it possible to secure ic no. for each account registered in mc.net ? this is to prevent some ppl from creating multiple accounts, somemore creating havocs … just a suggestion only …

[quote=“leoex89”]nightwatch, is it possible to secure ic no. for each account registered in mc.net ? this is to prevent some ppl from creating multiple accounts, somemore creating havocs … just a suggestion only …[/quote]Hello leoex89, thank you for your suggestion, I believe the forum admins is looking into this issue. What we can do now is to wait for the next “Wave” :wink:

How can you simply post your I/C no. in the forum?
Can you guarantee that the info will not be mis-used?

Can you guarantee that the info will not be mis-used?[/quote]

i dun mean posting it or revealing it to the public … just dat, each acc has to come with ic nums, with proper agreements, and safely kept by mc.net

i dun mean posting it or revealing it to the public … just dat, each acc has to come with ic nums, with proper agreements, and safely kept by mc.net[/quote]

posting ic does nothg

i dun mean posting it or revealing it to the public … just dat, each acc has to come with ic nums, with proper agreements, and safely kept by mc.net[/quote]

Yeah, I know the i/c no. wouldn’t be revealed but just that the details might get into the wrong hand mah.
Wahlao, proper agreement somemore… so complicated. Then, it will be less people joining liao.

lol … just my suggestion … or u guys have any better idea to prevent multiple accounts been created by the same person ma ?

Not comfortable with giving ic no. to the forum :evil:

or maybe a paid forum?

paid member get more/all access to all of the topics.

unpaid member can only access/read ‘Miricom Lounge’ and ‘About MiriCommunity.net’ topic.

what say u?

a serious member who needs serious discussion/infos regarding Miri town/community wouldn’t mind paying a dollar or two to get whatever info’s/suggestions/view/opinions he/she seeks in this forum.

or registeration fee only ??? once in a life time … but make it moderately high, like 50 ringgit , so dat ppl won’t create multiple acc … (sorry for keeps on repeating multiple acc, but i just hate ppls doing dat)

limit postings per hour

lol…in the end, it involved money…
Why not thinking of one verification system & put up a sign whether the member is verified or not. give some privilege for verified member.

hehe… sounds like Lelong.com liao…

the fee needs serious+proper consideration on every angle/views, otherwise some ppl would find it’s on the high side READ: cekik darah-LOLL :lol:

but good/relevant to prevent all those immature kids, i doubt they would spend that much to create useless+mindless posts. :slight_smile:

any mods here having their own opinion(s)/view(s)?

let us know also mahh.

[quote=“LeVin20V”][quote=“leoex89”]
but, if u forgot ur passwrod, u can request to recieve a new password for the current account throught e-mail, instead of creating a new one ryte ?[/quote]

also correct hee[/quote]

i cant recalled if they can retrieve password for you (mc.net), as some other sites (with same platform as mc.net) kennot retrieve it.
but admin/mod can change username for you.

i say, create a new account but must inform admin/mod & ask to change username & delete the old one.

my 2 cents…

[quote=“J.Howard”][quote=“LeVin20V”][quote=“leoex89”]
but, if u forgot ur passwrod, u can request to recieve a new password for the current account throught e-mail, instead of creating a new one ryte ?[/quote]

also correct hee[/quote]

i cant recalled if they can retrieve password for you (mc.net), as some other sites (with same platform as mc.net) kennot retrieve it.
but admin/mod can change username for you.

i say, create a new account but must inform admin/mod & ask to change username & delete the old one.

my 2 cents…[/quote]

yes they can … the system’ll reset the password, and send it to the e-mail for the username … i have done it before … anyway, agree with your point … :slight_smile:

eh? how come my post masuk this thread?

but anyway, if it can be done, admin should put “cant remember password” function at front page.
(cant recall if got coz i set to always remember password. hehehehehe)

[quote=“J.Howard”]eh? how come my post masuk this thread? …[/quote]Heeheeee … dont worry J.Howard, I just split the posting from the previous and stay focus to “one” topic :wink:

If need to pay even once in a life time,i dont think ppl want to load in to mc.net

rite. you do dat…hehehhe
anyway, i was thinking of something (about the recent mayhem) but i keep it to myself 1st…

…and let the admin (your bro izzit?) cover all the expenses?
actually, its triggered a thought…
how much admin pay per year & how much bandwith mc.net entitled…