New Gen 2 Sedan

New Gen 2 Sedan…coming out soon…

Years too late. Why not just introduce the sedan alongside the hatch version within the space a few months for more choices? Instead, they introduced the cheaper version 1.3 two years later, completely ticking off those who’d bought the much more expensive version months before, and only now they introduced a sedan.

I know of at least two people who bought the hatch version recently but actually wanted a sedan…

if not mistaken…this gen2 sedan will be officially launch on 15 august 2007…

I think it will be a repeat of Waja. Did Waja make it successfully ? If only our production cost and quality comparable with neighbour country. The moral of the story is protected business will only spoil. Just like spoiling the favourite son.

I wonder if Gen 2 still a timing belt technology ?

hehe…proton car surely f*ck up one no matter how they make it or using other ppl technologies…

as usual…never buy the first batch of the car…surely guarantee 100% money back guarantee got problem one…

the proton management said in the news, their are very much confident of this model to win back the malaysian hearts hehe…but for me, lets see first when it is launch on 15 august 2007.

first thing, test drive first hehe…

Just wait until Volkswagen buys Proton. = Voltron

haha…sounds like Megatron…but Proton afraid to sell their share to volkswagen. i still dunno why…i hope the merging will produce a new company n produced more quality car for the malaysian, not like before…

Boring~. Always recycle existing model.

sadly proton will never kaput bcos G alwez think some Malaysian actually good at running an auto bisnis.
next year they’l release saga replacement model.
another hatchback or sedan?

they should update the engine n replace savvy rear wit new design.
then mayb can sell more savvy.

[quote=“haroldz”]sadly proton will never kaput bcos G alwez think some Malaysian actually good at running an auto bisnis.
next year they’l release saga replacement model.
another hatchback or sedan?

they should update the engine n replace savvy rear wit new design.
then mayb can sell more savvy.[/quote]

The next Saga replacement model will be a Savvy sedan.

Haroldz, don’t think that the subtlety is going unnoticed - just refrain from it, alright?

Unbelievable… :shock: :shock:

proton always say ‘replacement’ model…but it still the same model except whether change it from sedan to hatchback or either way…come on la…i think they should change the C.E.O…

i think u guys know oredi about the MAS C.E.O, Datuk Idris Jala he is kelabit n from sarawak, i think dat our mind is more widen up and dare to make drastic change…dare to fail hehe…

i also heard this rumor last time, they said if they want to change proton c.e.o they will choose person from swak because of the mind of our ppl is more open up n dare to take risk…should be proud to be swakian hehehe

YEAH… Sarawakian RULES!!!
So anyone sarawakian wanna become CEO go find a job in PROTON and work smart.
Might get promoted easily…haha

The new Proton sedan (which may not be called a Gen2 sedan since they say ‘the name will be announced at the launch’) is to be launched by mid-August. It will have a 1.6-litre Campro engine. There are rumours that it will have improved low-end torque which is achieved not by the long-awaited cam-profiling system (CPS) but by a new variable intake system and some tweaking of the ECU. The CPS will come someday but cost issues are still unresolved, according to a source.

The new sedan will have three trim levels - Base, Medium and High-Line - with the first two available with manual and automatic transmissions. The Base version is reasonably well equipped and also has a CD-player. The next version up has alloy rims (which suggests that the Base version won’t), foldable rear backrests, MP3 capability and electrically-adjustable door mirrors.

As for the High-Line, only automatic transmission is available (dare we hope for a 5-speeder?) and it will include dual airbags, ABS+EBD and a security system with tracking capability.

Apparently, bookings started on July 21 and for RM500 (transferable but non-refundable), you can be among the first owners of the new Proton sedan. Proton Edar says the delivery time from booking date is approximately 4-6 weeks and customers will be informed of the status of delivery regularly.

Indicated prices:
1.6 BaseLine (N/M) MT - RM45,350
1.6 BaseLine (N/M) AT - RM48,350
1.6 BaseLine (M) MT - RM45,800
1.6 BaseLine (M) AT - RM48,800
1.6 MediumLine (M) MT - RM49,800
1.6 MediumLine (M) AT - RM52,800
1.6 HighLine (M) AT - RM55,800

N/M : Non-Metallic Finish, M: Metallic finish

Colours available:
Blueberry Tea
Iridescent White