New Astro decoder to support HD channel?

Someone had posted this pic of the new Astro decoder:

If you notice behind there are component output connector (Green/Blue/Red) while below the normal A/V output (Yellow/White/Red).

It is known that component output supports high definition output (720p/1080i/1080p). Could this be Astro would soon be launching HD channels? :mrgreen:

geesh astro got such decorder mer?

can ask Astro directly ba…

more price hike???

ya got. now all new subscribers will be using this kind of decoders manufactured by thompson.

no HDMI output meh…? those red blue and grean output still wont match with hdmi though

can swap wif old model or not? :slight_smile:

COmponent doesn’t make much difference compared to S-Video (which is what it’s lacking). HD? It needs a total system overhaul if Astro wants to implement HD.

yeah .that what i want to say before…if those decoder use HD chip…the price will be up to rm1000++ already…not free lol…

but i notice there is no VGA port now on the decoder…?look so simple design…

thompson i remember the days watching dishes wth thompson hahah…nw though.
heheh

Wrong.

Component supports high definition. S-Video does not.

So there will be significant difference between S-video and component.

Yes whatman.

My dad is an AV ethusiast, we went through S-Video, SCART, Component and recently HDMI. What I meant to say is that I couldn’t bother with composite these days, as it’s like an ‘in between’ product. I’m a bipolar person (want something really low-end or really high-end). CHeers, and thanks for the information!

what do u call ppl like me that wnts something in between heheh

err…Practical Buyer? Realistic user? I dunno haha

Anyway if you’re buying an LCD screen it should have HDMI these days. Even ‘HD Ready’ systems got HDMI. Blue Ray players ALL have HDMI. ANything more ask whatman, I scare salah cakap hehe…

din see the HDMI output thing 1?

[quote=“annunaki”]Yes whatman.

My dad is an AV ethusiast, we went through S-Video, SCART, Component and recently HDMI. What I meant to say is that I couldn’t bother with composite these days, as it’s like an ‘in between’ product. I’m a bipolar person (want something really low-end or really high-end). CHeers, and thanks for the information![/quote]

Its like this, from top to bottom in terms of image quality, with top being best:

1. HDMI / DVI (Digital)
  2. Component
  3. S-Video / SCART
  4. Composite
  5. RF

i only most geng is HDMI then component then S-Video

emm… I think you really need HDMI port for HD channels, and of course a HD TV haha!

Even so, the best you can get nowadays is 1080i standard via TV broadcast. Without HDMI port Astro may be only looking at 720?

1080i HDMI im using nw hehehe