Negaraku during Movie time?

Ok, I’ve been seeing this going around in whatsapp and so forth…

according to sources, this news is said to originate from FB (and yes, I take most news from FB with a punch of salt)

So what’s the news? The news is that starting don’t know when, everytime you go for movies
in any cinema, they will play bolehlands National Anthem and you are to SING (yes, you read correctly there)…

if you are caught not singing along, (ok, I am not to clear on what happens if you get caught here),
there are versions saying you will be sent for detention or fined 10k ringgit or some crap like that…

so any validation to this (ridiculous) rumor or news or whatever?

True!

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malay … -conjuncti

http://www.theborneopost.com/2013/08/21 … n-cinemas/

true…

I am proud to sing my countries national anthem…

What is your problem actually?

Actually if u go to Thailand they do the same thing and its pretty normal when u get use to it or u can go to the cinema late.

ouch…

i’m gonna get a kick seeing foreigners trying to sing our negarakuku…

LOL

hmm, from that two post…

it seems like you don’t have to sing… just stand up in respect…
and it is not a permanent requirement, just for a period between Aug 28 to sept 3…

questions cleared… thankz for the feedback, guys…

I just got 3 words for you

Play the Namewee version of Negarakuku

Not a problem at all singing national anthem and at the same time standing still. Unless you are Bangla - Selamat Sejahtera~

Playing national anthem at cinemas don’t seem right to me. For me I would rather put my legs up and eat kuaci than stand to attention. I won’t go to see any films at the cinemas during those dates mentioned then.

+10
It is about respect, honor and dignity

Me simple, wait until Riddick comes out. That time for sure no more theme song.

I’ll just masturbate!

+100…

LOL

You just stand up, no need to sing. Is that really hard to do?
Better god give you no legs before you born.

Is it so hard to stand? Its your country. Don’t hate the country for its government. facepalm

Not hard just “Soft Legs” for some particular time. :lol:

Maybe I will stand if it is ibupertiwiku :mrgreen:

I do jot disrespect the flag or the country, it’s the genius that came up with this idea that I wonder about…you do not need to stand in front of a flag and play the anthem to be patriotic; especially in a movie theater?? Come on! I thought Hitler is dead.

wth is happening in miri… even these kind of thing wanna make a fuss… just stand and respect your natioal anthem… what the are problem dude… even in our school days we were taught to respect the national anthem… but when going to CLUBBING dance all night long from 10 to 2 a.m dont have a problem… hishhh…