Need help on this!

hi, i want to ask about a thing. i m using window vista and i m trying to reformat it into windows xp after i boot the disc and loading the setup, when come to ‘‘setup is starting’’ than turn into blue screen. no error. can any1 teach me how to fix it… i did it with 5 different CDs. :?

help please!

Please boot your disk and format your c: partition and then install the xp

Oh disk means xp installation disk

looks like you’ve gotten the blue screen of death.

just a suggestion, why don’t you try windows 7 instead? it’s available for download.
so far the feedback is pretty good.

yea… i said it. i boot it, but when setup starting it turn into blue screen… 5 disc i tried

[quote="[willow]"]looks like you’ve gotten the blue screen of death.

just a suggestion, why don’t you try windows 7 instead? it’s available for download.
so far the feedback is pretty good.[/quote]
i wan use xp.

yea… i said it. i boot it, but when setup starting it turn into blue screen… 5 disc i tried[/quote]

Ok then. Boot the disk again and delete c: partition, after which, create the new c: partition.

If you still can’t…you need to go into bios and make sure the fixed hard disk is set to “ide”
If this is too complicated for you, I suggest you go to a pc shop.

yea… i said it. i boot it, but when setup starting it turn into blue screen… 5 disc i tried[/quote]

Ok then. Boot the disk again and delete c: partition, after which, create the new c: partition.[/quote]
the thing is… i havent reach the C: partition there already blue screen…

If you know how to set the Pc bios (nomally F2 ) you will need to change the hard disk setting to IDE.

Reformat the pc & install…

haha… i said it, i cant even reformat… zzz

ok i will try… u mind pm ur msn?

Try this first.

Off your pc. Start up and continuously pressing F2. The bios setup screen will appear. That’s the bios.
Look for the hard disk and you’ll see the setting. read the instruction on the bottom of screen on how to change.
It’s really simple to do.

nope… F2 nothing happens

Off and start again. The moment the pc boot, press pause. See what is the key to enter bios. It couls be " delete" key

its is delete key, but i don’t know wat is IDE, ps noob in computer

Please install the network once again…

its is delete key, but i don’t know wat is IDE, ps noob in computer[/quote]

IDE means “Intelligent Drive Electronic”. Look for the hard disk (usually) page1 or 2 depending on your brand.
Change the setting of harddisk only and not any other thing. Usually pageup/pagedown key… look at the instruction at the bottom of screen.