Naim hands over new house to Mirian

Hasmi, Hamed (fifth and sixth left, respectively) and Naim staff members join John, who stands behind his wife sitting on her new wheelchair, in a group photo in the new family home.

MIRI: John Away’s prayers to build a new house for his family have been answered – through Naim Group of Companies’ ‘Better Homes’ charity project.

The project, run in collaboration with the Welfare Department Sarawak, focuses on building houses for selected hardcore poor individuals.

It is also a part of the activities focusing on community engagement and enhancement, held in celebration of Naim Group’s 25th anniversary.

John was selected as the first recipient of Naim’s ‘Better Homes’ project based on an evaluation on potential recipients provided by the Welfare Department.

He had been working on the house for over a decade, but this had been hampered by financial constraints – among other factors.

“It has been my dream to provide a brick house for my family, especially for my half-paralysed wife. Despite not knowing how to build a house, I took the initiative to ask construction workers on ways do piling and other construction works. However, with my age and (bad) health catching up, I feared that the dream to have the house built had grown ever more distant,” said John.

Many had come forth to volunteer their time and effort to build John’s house, including Naim chairman Datuk Amar Abdul Hamed Sepawi and its group managing director Datuk Hasmi Hasnan, as well as volunteers among the group’s board of directors and staff members.

Besides the house, Naim also contributed furniture pieces and also a wheelchair for John’s wife.

The house was handed over to John’s family yesterday, just in time for Christmas.

“I cannot express enough gratitude to Naim for the aid. To see the volunteers, including Datuk Amar Hamed Sepawi and Datuk Hasmi Hasnan, going all out to finish the home that I had been dreaming of – it’s very touching,” said John.

Those who may know of individuals in need like John Away are welcome to email to Tabung Amanah Naim via Jonathan Wong (jonathansumbang.wong@naim.com.my).

Alternatively, call Wong on 012-890 1913.

The post Naim hands over new house to Mirian appeared first on Borneo Post Online.

Source: https://www.theborneopost.com/2019/12/15/naim-hands-over-new-house-to-mirian/