My mummy's CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE

1 whole chicken (can use chicken wing oso)
3 sweet potato (karibang) (peeled)
1 can of green peas
1 kilo Coconut paste
2 biji serai
7 biji bawang merah (sliced & pound)
4 biji bawang putih (sliced & pound)
1 small chunk of ginger (sliced)
1 bottle of MAGGI’s TOMATO ketchup
4 or 5 tablespoon of Adabi Chicken Curry powder
3 or 4 tablespoon of cooking oil

First of all, diced the sweet potato or karibang as they call it in Sarawak, into edible size, not too small and not too big. Then, slice the onion, garlic and ginger and then pound them all together. Take out the paste from the lesung batu and put it aside.

Next, u work on ur kelapa parut. Place it in a bowl and pour in some water, not too much, but just enough to drown it. heheheh… using a sieve, sift the coconut and squeeze it to get the juice out. Once done, put it aside.

Put in some water into the curry powder and mix it well. Don’t put too much, just enough to make it look like a curry paste.

Now u can start cooking.

First, heat the pan over the fire and pour in the oil. Once it is heated, u put in the onion paste that u pounded just now into the pan. Fry until it is golden brown, then put in the curry paste. Stir and fry, and slowly put in the chicken. Stir well and fry for 5 minutes. Then u pour in the coconut juice and the karibang. Stir again, until it the mixtures blend together. put a lid on the pan and wait for 5-8 minutes. Make sure that the mixture doesn’t dried up. (U can add water if u feel that the curry kurang kuah.

Then, u add the green peas. Stir well. Put in 3 tablespoon of tomato ketchup, serai and garam, and MSG secukup rasa. Stir some more and then close the lid and wait another 5 minutes.

U will know when it is cooked if the chicken and karibang is soft and tender. Dont overcook it. Once ready, u can serve it to ur family and friends. Try it, it taste a bit different becos of the tomato ketchup and karibang. I inherited this recipe from my Mum and i hope u all will enjoy trying it.

Betul? :?:

1 bottle of MAGGI’s TOMATO ketchup

CAN THIS BE TRUE~??? So it must be SWEET not PEDAS~~~!!! I like it HOT~!!!SPICY~!!! Not with ToMaTo right???

U dont put all of the ketchup in la geng. Just put in 3 tablespoon is good enough. If u want to make it more spicy, u can add in more curry paste and put chilli.

hehehe…betul, tak tipu punya. Memang sedap.

kakakjas… thanks for sharing…

I love Curry very much… especially Curry Chicken with Rice or Bread…

:smiley: :smiley:

no problem smallee. X’mas can come to my house and i will cook this specially for MC members. Heheheh…

in Miri or kuching?/ :wink:

KakakJas : you are making me hungry everytime I look into this post…

hahahha…

to Smallee: my house in Miri of course, that’s where my family are now. The house in Kuching is rented hse and sharing it with my hsemates. Feel free to come. Will make a post on my address soon somewhere before X’mas.

to Sileast: hahahha…i’m going to post more recipe soon. Kacang MA hehehhe…and other recipes. So be prepared to get hungrier. :smiley:

I think I have a tummy ache thinking of curry chicken right this instant.

eleh…belum makan lagi pun ekekekke…pergi jamban Sileast. before it’s too late.

hhmmm…never thought off that…

sorry i am off topic…hahahahahah…

anyway nice recipe…kelak I ngetest…

betul ka jas?kelak ku try…mun sik sedap

don’t think smallee will be in miri then…never mind i take his share…hehe

when? xmas… i wll be around… sure do… just for her curry chicken. i will adjust my time and make sure i get the taste…hehe… :lol:

great~~~I like cooking too…thanks 4r sharing kakakJas