My experience with Mat Rempit in Miri

For the first time I brush with Mat Rempit in Miri,last Saturday night (17/05/08).I noticed about 10 motorbikes speeding away along Puchong Flyover.Some of them zig zagging the lanes and couple of them doing stunts trying to ride on the back tyre by lifting the front tyre.( I forgot the term used for this stunt among the mat rempits.).Surprisingly not all of them were youngsters there were some adults too.Some bikes had girls seated at the back.

I hear from my friend there are some illegal racing activities going around Jalam Bakam area in late nights.Has anyone noticed this?

waseh…nice la…ada mat rempit kat miri ni…hahahha

Yes. It has become an increasingly worse problem over the past few years. Police patrol vehicles are too few and far in between, and no other police present elsewhere to hear them as long as they avoid the Police Station Coffeeshops.

Not to say police car are too few, they are quite a lot these days but most of them lepak & drink coffee at coffeshops…
U can always spot them at Morsjaya, New Pelita Comm Centre or PermyJaya coffeshops and maybe other places too. If there’s only one patrol car taking his break then never mind. But, a few patrol cars together. So when these so-called mat rempits r wandering around Miri town, nobody’s going to spot them lar…

i think they prob just say hi to each other and continue what they are doing :smiley:

Not to say police car are too few, they are quite a lot these days but most of them lepak & drink coffee at coffeshops…
U can always spot them at Morsjaya, New Pelita Comm Centre or PermyJaya coffeshops and maybe other places too. If there’s only one patrol car taking his break then never mind. But, a few patrol cars together. So when these so-called mat rempits r wandering around Miri town, nobody’s going to spot them lar…[/quote]

I can always see those mainly traffic police at the coffeeshop during breakfast, lunce, afternoon tea, dinner… at Centre Point Damai Setia. Some of them even parked their patrol car / motorcycle illegally on the yellow line.
I think the police are not interested to stop the Mat Rempit activities, they prefer to give out saman to motorists.

We need to summon this guy patrol the road:

satria baja hitam!!!

during weekend mat rempit will lepak at luak esplanade 2 race.
by now d police should know where is the ‘circuit’ for mat rempit race…

duduk minum kopi minta kopi o pandai…

Ya… Say hi and continue eating and talking and lepak…

[quote="Crusaders Some of them even parked their patrol car / motorcycle illegally on the yellow line.
[/quote]

Why can police parked their car like that but give saman to citizen? They should give a good example to citizen… Give MALU only…

lol…

[quote=“haroldz”]satria baja hitam!!!

during weekend mat rempit will lepak at luak esplanade 2 race.
by now d police should know where is the ‘circuit’ for mat rempit race…

duduk minum kopi minta kopi o pandai…[/quote]

i agree wit u … lazy policemen :twisted:

Don’t worry Folks,Higher ups are monitoring the situation,Everything is under control…Action will be taken when things goes out of control or when the public makes a police report…oopss…

waiseh… miri got mat rempit liao oh…

tHis ‘mAt reMpit’ can beCome a soCial terrorism if tHere is no contRol/action taKen…

sCary!! :shock:

shud ask peter chin make another racing track. then ppl will race there, not on the streets. ngam ka?

Situation is under control and mild-mannered citizens safe until something happens.

no free lunch in this world

no free lunch in this world[/quote]

yup. no free lunch. but cannot be, ppl vote for him anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

vote for him doesnt mean that he MUST build a racing track for mirians. What about the cost for building it? Maintainance? Time spent? Will you sponsor Miri a racing track Apai_Mau? :smiley: