Music is Forbidden in Islam

Come across this video while watching the 911 10 years anniversary video…(Don’t ask me how i’d get there, i had no idea)

In this video, the guy said something about Music is Haram…
Is is true?

can any muslim friends here explains more?
Thank you…

if this video offended my muslim friends, please remove this video as soon as possible.

I bet his iPad has tons of songs from iTunes. :mrgreen:

who knew, but this is weird…
Music…is haram?!

thats just doesnt make sense…

but but but… music is played in weddings and etc in all cultures including muslims isnt it??

Screw this guy. If i were muslim, i rather convert and be kafir than listen to this bullshit.

This techno song not bad. No, I’m not talking about the video. Please ignore it. I’m talking about the music.

YEaahhhhhh Goyang maut … yeahhhhhhhhh goyang … goyang … gooooyannnngggg…

That is why i gotten confused…
then…cannot sing negaraku? cannot sing ibu pertiwiku?

cannot play songs when happy? cannot sing hari raya songs?

This is totally weird…

wtf…==…no music = like a ghost town la ==

music is forbidden? but all my muslim friends listen to music and they say nothing forbidden about it!!!

not sure about listening to music is haram, but playing musical instrument that has strings, is.

i’ve also heard about percussion instruments must be open-ended on one side

dunno la about this. basically u fail in any religion if u have bad attitude. never listen to music, but treat people badly, no use also :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“dvlzplayground”]i’ve also heard about percussion instruments must be open-ended on one side

dunno la about this. basically u fail in any religion if u have bad attitude. never listen to music, but treat people badly, no use also :P[/quote]

very the agreed.

whatever haram if just keep within your own community without affecting the others, i respect that.

i’m a muslim. i listen to metallica. i listen to pantera. i listen to NWA. i listen

to musics on the radio. did some stint in listening to gospel songs when i lived

with my aunty and her family (SIB) when i was studying in kuching. i’d say this guy

better have a say in saying corruption is haram, abuse of power is haram, practicing

double standard is haram, practicing discrimination is haram. ya baruk nya…

where do u people find all these misrepresentations of islam? fishy.

Obviously, the video is embedded from youtube.

Just, as the guy in the video saying…
Music is Haram…i was like WTH!!!

i remember billions of Muslim sing and dance celebrate festival,
in malaysia, we sang Negaraku every morning…There is nothing Haram about it…

so i post the video up for everyone to discuss, this guy talking nonsense or he is actually telling the truth?

All those artist / superstars wanna be in Malaysia… “Oh crap”…
(Akedemi Fantasy) etc…
Then again,what else isn’t? Cant even agree on the butter issue??

that imam is rosak alredy…

[quote=“headhunter”]i’m a muslim. i listen to metallica. i listen to pantera. i listen to NWA. i listen

to musics on the radio. did some stint in listening to gospel songs when i lived

with my aunty and her family (SIB) when i was studying in kuching. i’d say this guy

better have a say in saying corruption is haram, abuse of power is haram, practicing

double standard is haram, practicing discrimination is haram. ya baruk nya…[/quote]

exactly. we have bigger, ‘more haram’ things to worry about. things even a non-muslim wont need to ask ‘why is it haram?’

an imam is just a person leading a prayer. i believe u mean ulama