Moving in

I plan to move to Miri and so joined this forum. Verrrrry interesting…

Coming from Dubai (in my ignorance) I was under the impression that Miri was a one-horse town, but delving deeper the number of horses are growing very rapidly!!

Where can I find a map of Miri indicating the residential areas?

What should I expect the monthly rent to be for a 3-bedroom Bungalow?
Do they generally come fitted-out with any appliances?

Needing a Frig, cooker, and washing machine, would I be better of buying in Dubai and shipping to Miri, or are white goods of top brands like Whirlpool Samsung and Bosch readily available in Miri (no offence meant) so please skip sarky comments :lol:

Look forward to being there soon…
cheers

Top brand appliance are easily found in Miri… as for Whirlpool, I’m not pretty aware of the availability. But Samsung and Bosch is everywhere.

Perhaps other forumer may be able to guide you regarding the map.

Merci.
I look forward to more replies from others in the forum.
Actually I am quite surprised that you replied so quickly because the local time in Miri would be around 2:00AM !! :roll:

Hi Mike,

Selamat datai to MiriCommunity.net! :smiley:

[quote=“Mike”]I plan to move to Miri and so joined this forum. Verrrrry interesting…

[/quote]

MiriResortCity.Com and well basically here :smiley:

[quote=“jimmy”]

MiriResortCity.Com and well basically here :D[/quote]

Hi Mike

Welcome to the forums and Miri itself!! The maps can be found here and [url=http://www.miriresortcity.com/?q=maps]here, although they are basically road & landmark maps and not residential maps. Feel free to ask anything about Miri before moving here.

It’s a bit rare to find bugalows for rent, but terrace houses for rent are much more common. I think 3 bedrooms are the norm for most houses.

Like the others have said, most household goods can be brought here (or provided by the landlord). We have all the usual world brands, but some are more locallised (or locally assembled).

Post moved to Lounge.

Ian, thanks for your reply. The first link didn’t seem to work (Error:File missing) so I contacted Jack and he kindly sent me the file. The second link worked and thanks for all the map stuff. Interesting…

What is a Terrace House? The ‘penthouse’ of two-storied building?

Notice you moved my msg to Lounge - does that mean I had posted it in the wrong Forum?

Cheers,

[quote=“Mike”]Merci.
I look forward to more replies from others in the forum.
Actually I am quite surprised that you replied so quickly because the local time in Miri would be around 2:00AM !! :roll:[/quote]

Hm . We seldom sleep actually. :smiley:

good 4 u

ROF LOL :slight_smile:

[quote=“Mike”]good 4 u

ROF LOL :-)[/quote]

Thanks, maybe you can come hang out with us sometimes, when the moon is full. We love all the company we get… there’s just the minor inconvenience of them pesky human underlings who seem to find it great spot driving stakes through our hearts. Imagine that.

It won’t hurt if you don’t care!! :lol:

BTW, if there is anyone on this forum interested in asking anything about Dubai …

SHOOT

Anyone have any idea how much annual membership of the Miri Golf Club costs?

Or for that matter any of the other Clubs - Golfing and non-Golfing ?

A gym is the quintessential part of life! :slight_smile:
Have a nice day :wink:

[quote=“Mike”]
BTW, if there is anyone on this forum interested in asking anything about Dubai …

SHOOT[/quote]

Wat abt Dubai dude?? Tell us more…sharing is loving :wink: :smiley:

[quote=“Mike”]Anyone have any idea how much annual membership of the Miri Golf Club costs?

Or for that matter any of the other Clubs - Golfing and non-Golfing ?

A gym is the quintessential part of life! :slight_smile:
Have a nice day :wink:[/quote]

I think East Wood Valley’s membership is RM5,000 annual… roughly $500 of Dubai Currency…

I wonder if there is work opportunity for computer geeks and anime otaku in dubai… how much a typical system administrator are paid?

BTW, Mike, welcome to Miricommunity.net.

Hello Mike,

Miri Golf club is around Rm10,000. Maybe you would have corporate rate, r u with Shell?

Eastwood Valley Golf and country club is around RM 35,000.

There is an apartment quite near Miri Golf club, Shell has rented it for their staff to use. I think there is still some more vacant lot there.

When you do come, we can have a round of golf. I am just a weekend golfer, just enter competition, trying my luck to get hole in ones…hehe.

Thanks for the info about the Club membership fees.

Nope, won’t be with Shell, but a Private company.
I am just learning golf so you will have a chance to beat the s*** out of me :lol:

I am only a social golfer…so who knows, you might be the one winning. But seriously, golf is a game that ‘you are your own enemy’. Only you can determine how to win or lose…no outside interference…unless it rains heavily…haha.

Meaning the Rain Cloud Is the primaryenemy in the game…

Welcome Mike…And enjoy…