Most Expensive Restaurant in Miri

Pls Comment

seafood or wot?

there is a seafood at luak, 5 minit from luak esplanade
got big prawn as neon light
i think they convert d price from US dollar bcos it’s really NOT cheap!!

wah that one tasty wor @@…from sabah de… but yeah very exp @@

Try Frattini’s.

Never go yet… Expensive meh? Maybe Ian… u should give more detail… coz i wanted to go but worried to burn out my wallet… :lol:

What type of restaurant?

There’s a bistro where the food is very nice yet expensive, dun knw can consider restaurant o not? Usually restaurant means with air-cond kah?

[quote=“haroldz”]seafood or wot?

i think they convert d price from US dollar bcos it’s really NOT cheap!![/quote]

brother,

already closed lah.

oops… forgot to say which one. Seahorse, anyone heard of it? At piasau

[quote=“GTSW20”][quote=“haroldz”]seafood or wot?

i think they convert d price from US dollar bcos it’s really NOT cheap!![/quote]

brother,

already closed lah.[/quote]

Already closed !!!.. since when? :shock:

Never go yet… Expensive meh? Maybe Ian… u should give more detail…[/quote]

I have yet to try it. But from what I heard, prepare more than RM100 for a 2 person dinner.

coz i wanted to go but worried to burn out my wallet… :lol:

O Really? :twisted:

i’ve been 2 frattini’s before.
fine dining wit italian food menu…
spaghetti can cost almost rm20 per plate…
big plate lar
but really kenyang lar…
mayb they used too much cheese…?
cheese can make u feel full quicky

i only go seashorse to drink n eat mee…
cost rm10++
they serve drink in big glass

Pizza places can be quite expensive places to eat in Miri but the food is just great. Here’s a ‘horror’ story about quite a prominent pizza parlor in Miri. I was about to drop by for a delicious pizza meal when out dashed the chef dressed smartly in white. The problem was he was sweating profusely, stank of grease and sweat and his unkempt long hair (without his hat) turned me off from patronising the place! Sorry for sharing this story here. I guess the moral here is that having expensive food doesn’t necessarily mean getting the most hygienic product!

Hygienic is always a problem sometimes… no matter where u go… try avoiding their kitchen… otherwise… ada mood pun jadi tidak ada mood… ( happen to me recently when I was in KL…Bangsar ler… :frowning: ).

A kitchen is always hot and if he is leaving the kitchen, then what’s wrong with taking off his hat (assuming if he’s wearing one)? Usually good restaurants provide towels in the kitchen to wipe away the sweat in the heat.

If they do have all these facilities, and assuming the chef does keep a good hygiene practice, I do not see what is wrong other than sweating profusely in a small heated kitchen.

I don’t know why the chef went out of the kitchen but usually they won’t do that for the very reason Cupid had posted.

[quote=“ian”]A kitchen is always hot and if he is leaving the kitchen, then what’s wrong with taking off his hat (assuming if he’s wearing one)? Usually good restaurants provide towels in the kitchen to wipe away the sweat in the heat.[/quote] True but i think that is the way most of the chefs or kitchen staffs have to put on… I think it is all because of reputation as most of our mind are set that chefs should have their hat.
And in cupid’s case, we can always debate that the chef do not even have a hat even in the kitchen because he is walking out without one.

[quote=“ian”]
If they do have all these facilities, and assuming the chef does keep a good hygiene practice, I do not see what is wrong other than sweating profusely in a small heated kitchen.[/quote] true…i kind of agree with u… but put it this way or from the other angle… u r in a restaurant and all of a sudden, someone walks up to u and he smells bad… then u look up… here is your chef from the kitchen…then how will you feel?

[quote=“ian”]
I don’t know why the chef went out of the kitchen but usually they won’t do that for the very reason Cupid had posted.[/quote]
Some of the restaurants ( with a bit of class punya)… normally u will see the chef coming out to greet customers and ask them how do they feel abt the food… and so…so… and I think that is the reason why this particular chef is trying to do la…

I heard they say it is closed but I am not sure as I seldom go there too far for me. From all the miri class restaurant, I think GrandPalace ‘din sum’ is good.

grand place dim sum is LOVELY n GREAT!!
try it u alll
hv2 go early if not kena queue up wor…
price reasonably OK

all d kitchen/ food handlers hv2 take tetanus shot (i think)
tis is 2 prevent spread of food poisoning bt tis bacteria/ virus.

i used to work in waffle world, roaches rulez d place every morning when we open 4 bisnis.
b nice 2 ur waiter/waitress, u’ll nvr know wot they do 2 ur food b4 serving u :twisted:

It is difficult to say which is the most expensive as this is very subjective. However, the saying goes… you get what you paid. Therefore, let me share this with you:

If you paid >1K per table in Eastwood Valley, the food is quite good. If you pay 500+ per table, the fish may not even be fresh like what we experience a few days ago.

Slippery Senorita (Next to Nikko Japanese restaurant)
I should say the setting is nice, food pricey and sometime the cake is frozen. If you want to have a romantic time with your gf or spouse, I think I can recommend this place. Prepare at least RM100 per head.

Nikko Japanese Restaurant
The setting is nice. Prepare at least RM100 per head.

Best Western
I think the food is quite expensive compared to KL. I am not sure how to compare this place with others in Miri but I also noticed that many youngsters bring their gf there. There are not many good Western in town but I think I can recommend this place for a change.

Ocean Seafood in Pakam (I was told that it is closed for renovation.)
You need to know how to order in this restaurant. It costs about RM250-400 for a very decent meal for 6. I avoid lobster - it can cost RM600 a piece, and worst, I don’t think they know how to prepare the lobster. The way it is cooked, you might as well eat prawn!

Most expensive buffet meal
Marriott Hotel. RM70++ per head

These restaurants serve decent food at a reasonable price:
Kok Chee in Park Hotel. The tea there can keep me awake whole night! :slight_smile:
Sing Soon Chin Restaurant (Previous Boulevard Restaurant) (one big head prawn can cost RM20 - fried in salt. Very nice)
A new restaurant facing the river (Mei Jin Restaurant) serves quite good food at rather cheap price.
Boulevard restaurant - can be disappointing

Good value for a family dinner
Try First Choice in Pujut 7 and Lutong Cafe in Lutong

WT… wow… thanks for sharing those information. I am actually planned to go down to this Slippery Senorita last time when I am back but unfortunately… i forgot… hehe… I hope this time… will remember la… heard parking is a problem over there la…

So any input related to breakfast? Give it a go…

eh lobster at ocean seafood nt bad lar… i like it de… butter lobster @@ nyum