Mobile phone batteries: Ori vs Clone

I’m looking for a new mobile phone battery since my current original Nokia one (about 1 year ++) start to have problems (heat up, short life, and ‘bump’ on the battery casing).

The model of the battery is BP-6MT for my N82.

What would be a typical price for such battery model (original Nokia)? One shop I discover told me its RM 160. :shock:

I have come across clones of the same battery model at lower price but I’m not sure if clone batteries are reliable.

Any advice on this?

RM160? tipu punya kedai. i’d go for authorized original battery cos it lasts longer and reliable. summore it has longer warranty.

http://www.mudah.my/6-Month-Warranty-Or … 468576.htm

u can purchase from this e-shop as they provide original nokia accessories. i bought original nokia charger from him personally through postage.

This clone seems to be in the market for very long time edi…at least 7 to 8 years edi…can give it a try.

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showt … sun+global

[quote=“VeilSupra”]RM160? tipu punya kedai. i’d go for authorized original battery cos it lasts longer and reliable. summore it has longer warranty.

http://www.mudah.my/6-Month-Warranty-Or … 468576.htm

u can purchase from this e-shop as they provide original nokia accessories. i bought original nokia charger from him personally through postage.[/quote]

Is it original ? The price difference is so big I have to wonder if the product itself is original. :shock:

There’s no authorised Nokia shop in Miri?

I know one is at Bintang Plaza, opposite Sony shop but don’t have the time to drop by there.

[quote=“whatman”]

Is it original ? The price difference is so big I have to wonder if the product itself is original. :shock:[/quote]

yes it is. u can check the hologram through nokia website. all nokia original accessories comes with hologram. as i said, price different is too big cos in miri, u know i know la.

RM160…at Kuching an original N73 battery costs the same too

hav u thought buying an third party one??
there are some good quality battery high capacity and cost cheaper compared to original one
some brand like Momax etc2
this battery have higher mAH compared to original battery from the manufacturer.(u can check it by urself)
so u can have longer standby time,talk time
and this battery have warranty too…
last time i bought it at lowyat.
ive seem this battery sell at the phoneshop at boulevard on the groundfloor infront of lea sport centre but not sure bout the price.
just ask them for Momax battery for ur phone…

[quote=“3zz”]hav u thought buying an third party one??
[/quote]

Yes I do. After realizing the price of an original Nokia battery causing my hair to stand still I decided to look for alternatives. 3rd party batt are often scary since reliability is not guaranteed but now I’m hearing excellent comment about Sun Global and Momex.

Will look into it.

LG original battery Rm120 with 3 month warranty…logic ka?

logic. battery price equivalent to RM50 in korea. dealer from korea mark up RM30, shipping RM10, and dealer in miri mark up another RM30. :mrgreen:

I read that Momax batt is better. In Miri where to buy?

the only place ive seen momax battery is the handphone shop at boulevard groundfloor
infront of lea sport centre

[quote=“3zz”]the only place ive seen momax battery is the handphone shop at boulevard groundfloor
infront of lea sport centre[/quote]
You mean T.T Art?? the one near the toilet?

need guidance from sifus, which one is better? sun global or momax? nokia original batteries for sure out la cos i bought 1 and it shows poor performance cos around 800-1050 mAh only). i hv searched around and found out sun global priced at RM69.90 and momax all RM100++, but the capacity (mAh) is the same. i want to know the advantage in term of:

• the longest standby time

• quickest charging time

• lifetime ( eg: 500x cycles)

• battery deform over period of time (bulky)

thanx.

I’m looking for Nokia BL-5B Original Batt. Went to few shops, unfortunately they dont have. where can I get in Miri?

Try lelong?
http://list.lelong.com.my/Auc/List/List … iceUBound=