/!\ Mirian musician, enter here please /!\

(aLoM) #21

aLoM reporting in. i was born with music as my dad plays the guitar. I got hooked playing the guitar since form 1. then in form 3, joined a band called Discreet. Joined a few battle of the bands(just for the fun)… and in 2004, Formed a band called Angels By Mistake… The band members are mostly my church buddies. Our style of playing was more towards alternative rock. But yeah…We we all rounders…Siti Nurhaliza? We played it, Muse?we played it too. After 2005, we all went our saparate ways as most of us continued our studies.But we still jamm once we are all around. I played the guitar and the bass guitar.either one la…and i was the vocalist as well… as for now, i oni play at home la…sometimes jamming with my dad.

(avantgarde) #22

TonyG: Headbanging, nice! Used to really enjoyed that but dont know if I can still do that now. So you plays metalhead, does that include Cradle Of Filth?

aLoM: Man, you are VERSATILE. It must be great to jamm with your very own rocking dad. Anyway, no wonder we never clashed, I was involved in the battle of the bands in the year 2002, all of them, but never won anything - a band we named Divine. Yeah, like your story, now I also just play at home lah, with my humble acoustics (‘kapok’ guitar some may say). One of my favourites, is by the Eagles, Hotel California live 'n unplugged :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

(aLoM) #23

Yeah…it really helps bonds the family…during holidays my uncle would drove down from sibu and bring his keyboard. we all would be jamming together… MOstly oldies la…Layan juak main oldies tok…hahaha…the last battle/music parade i joined was the Rock Parade in Tajong. I think that was in 2006. Cun oso that time all my band members were around. And one of my friends were around. Layan i play that time because one of my female friends decided to be our vocalist. She was from the all-girl labuan based band called The Crawlers.

(Love Miri) #24

Hey people…i’m a DJ…used to be a club DJ and now a free lance…spin songs for functions and parties…does this consider as musician? LoL…music range that i played - hip hop, r&b, funk, house, electro, tribal, trance, hard style, etc…anyway, any events of function…private or public…which need DJ, feel free to contact me…:slight_smile:

(avantgarde) #25

alom: sounds good. maybe we can hang out and jamm together some times? :wink: :wink:

(avantgarde) #26

Love Miri, that’s surely a musician as well. nowadays there’s a lot of bands, especially rock bands utilizes this 'DJ’ing in their songs and piece on music. so, do you have the DJ set bro?

(aLoM) #27

cool.bring some other people also…where are the drummers?heh.

(TonyG) #28

yup, that include Cradle of Filth, the song we always played was Heaven Torn Asunder, huhuhuh \m/

It’ll be a good idea if want to jamming together, i play keyboard as background, hokhokhohkoh

(sadisc) #29

I’m a guitarist and a drummer. My Primary instrument is Bass. I have my own band called the 16Beat Band and had performed several private and public functions in the City lately. We are versatile and can play various songs both in language and genre. As for now we are looking for vocalist and keybordist for the bank…Interested please give me an email …

(Love Miri) #30

Currently using computer DJ software. But i do DJ in my friend’s club and pub. If i’m free, i’ll normally be jamming at Vgas Pub & Lounge. There’ll be a new club opening called Rainbow. It’s a R&B and House pub. I’ll be DJ-ing there for sometimes.

(Pujut Corner) #31

waa…a lot of guru here…can i learn to play guitar with avantgarde and alom???
I have chap ayam electric guitar and small microcube guitar amp…
i play no progress at all

(vertigo) #32

cool.bring some other people also…where are the drummers?heh.[/quote]

drummer? nyeh nyeh nyeh… 8)

(aLoM) #33

[quote=“Pujut Corner”]waa…a lot of guru here…can i learn to play guitar with avantgarde and alom???
i play no progress at all[/quote]

im no guru de…if you ask me to read the taugeh2 i go blur de…i learn from observation…hehe

(avantgarde) #34

[quote=“Pujut Corner”]waa…a lot of guru here…can i learn to play guitar with avantgarde and alom???
i play no progress at all[/quote]
well at least u have an electric guitar complete with amp some more, i just have guitar kayu :mrgreen:
anyway, i believe if u have a strong interest in music (playing guitar as per your case), you surely can play it. there are a lot of learning articles and videos u can find online :slight_smile:

aLoM: taugeh-taugeh, haha!

(avantgarde) #35

cool.bring some other people also…where are the drummers?heh.[/quote]

drummer? nyeh nyeh nyeh… 8)[/quote]
sounds like qmk is one of the drummer :twisted:

so good, we really can form a group here:

Love Miri: DJ
sadisc: Guitars/Bass/Drums
TonyG: Keyboard
Pujut Corner: Flexible :slight_smile:
aLoM: Guitar

Singer and backup singer ler??

(bunyimanok) #36

avantgarde,
how bout me? :slight_smile:

(avantgarde) #37

[quote=“bunyimanok”]avantgarde,
how bout me? :)[/quote]
Sorry bro. Ter’skipped’ your nam in my list. For sure, bunyimanok & Langrimba also in the list; now we have a lot more :slight_smile:
Athrun, get back your harmonica skills! :mrgreen:

(aLoM) #38

I shall play the kayu tik tok…or the triangle…hehhe

(bunyimanok) #39

if aLoM plays the tik tok or triangle,
then i’ll just blow the bottle :mrgreen:

(TonyG) #40

Great, no problem…

I shall play the kayu tik tok…or the triangle…hehhe

if aLoM plays the tik tok or triangle,
then i’ll just blow the bottle :mrgreen:

aiyarghhh, then I’ll become tukang lap instrument, hahahahakshakshaks ahakzz (batuk)

or we should start playing canon in D for warming up, ehehehe