Miri Is Definitely The Best Place To Live In Sarawak

I was born in Bintangor…spent my childhood holidays in Sibu…studied Form 6 in Miri…moved to Kuching after my Form 6…left for Canada for my tertiary education…and returned to work in Miri after graduating from Canada. In my honest opinion, Miri is definitely THE BEST PLACE to live in Sarawak.

Just imagine…beautiful & easily accessible beaches, lovely parks, nice shopping centres, close proximity to Brunei, friendly people, great entertainment outlets, Curtin University, great hotels, great food and foot therapy and spas everywhere! What more could you ask for?

The Merdeka Mall will open for business today. A couple more shopping complex are in the pipeline. And a couple of new hotels are nearing completion. A water theme park is also in the planning stage.

It is little wonder that Miri has overtaken Sibu as the second largest city of Sarawak. Miri is truly THE BEST!

I second your opinion…I spent one year in Kuching, four years in Penang, two years in KL, then six months in Singapore…eventually come back to Miri again. It’s not because Miri is my hometown then I love it here…I just like the peace and quiet, everything slow and easy. Eventhough the next few years Miri gonna to be booming with a few new shopping malls and new developments. But I truly hope Miri will maintain its peacefulness, the green sceneries with lots of tree and flowers and it’s people hospitalities.

I bet alots of people will be against our opinions…but like it or now, with beautiful and undevelop costline along Miri-Sibuti coastal highway, mountain range landscape just within the city centre, and world class National Parks and natural wonders just a mile stones away, Miri is truly like no other places… But if you like big shopping malls, fancy expensive francise resturants like those in Hong Kong, Singapore, KL…then Miri is not your best place to stay. Cause you like big city life, enjoy fast food, shopping, sub-ways, nightlifes. To some people, it’s life. To me, I called it, NO LIFE AT ALL.

So, if you like mother naturals, slow pace of life, but still want to enjoy some shopping, movies, foods, maybe seafood by the beach, beautiful sunset…then Miri is your best place to stay.

Hi bl421my, what you wrote about is very true about Miri. I know Miri is not big enough to support megamall like Mid Valley in KL but I feel that our Bintang Megamall is a great shopping mall. And the slower pace of life here is a definite plus as far as I am concerned! And when talking about racial harmony, I think we Sarawakians are much better off than our West Malaysian counterparts.

Today is Merdeka Day so I wish all Malaysians a very happy Independence Day. Oh yes, Merdeka Mall Miri opens for business today but I feel that it has been a major letdown. You can read about it at my blog http://lifeisreallybeautiful.com/

Enjoy the holiday today!

But if you like big shopping malls, fancy expensive francise resturants like those in Hong Kong, Singapore, KL…then Miri is not your best place to stay. Cause you like big city life, enjoy fast food, shopping, sub-ways, nightlifes. To some people, it’s life. To me, I called it, NO LIFE AT ALL.

So, if you like mother naturals, slow pace of life, but still want to enjoy some shopping, movies, foods, maybe seafood by the beach, beautiful sunset…then Miri is your best place to stay.

i like that one… :smiley:

Miri airport is nice…

miri food sucks…

quite agree with u…since there’s not so much place to eat…

I do love Miri, not because it’s where I’m from or my hometown. In fact, I’ve been living abroad longer than I’ve spend my time in Miri but I still miss this humble little city. I won’t say it’s the best. But there’s really something I like about this city.

Currently living in a “big city” I really need some fresh air. :wink:
Though once I’m out of the big “city” I’ll surely miss those big shopping malls, nightlifes and such. haha. :slight_smile:

Ok, tbh, some of the stuff in this city are quite pricey, plus the quality doesn’t match its price.

not this kind of topic again

http://www.miricommunity.net/viewtopic. … 7&start=48

http://www.miricommunity.net/viewtopic. … 42&start=0
:wink:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=19537&start=48

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=19542&start=0
:wink:[/quote]
perhaps the ts didn’t notice existed thread on miri, shall we leave the thread as it is or shall we merged all 3 threads? ts, what say you?

It’s my hometown and I love Miri :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

TS still new here…don’t mind it… :mrgreen: