Miri in rubish collection crisis?

Anyone know what happen to MMC Contractor for waste disposal? Noticed that quite sometime they didnt come to collect & dispose the waste. Did complaint to MMC but no action taken.

Nope, everything is normal here. Rubbish collector doing their job.

You got pay the assessment rates or not ??

Hi BSB. I understand your concern, but isn’t it a tad excessive too put the title as "Miri in Crisis’? My opinion is that we have been spoiled by the good management of Miri city before that when such thing as this happen, we judge it too quickly as a crisis. You see, when i live in Sibu, these kind of things happen all the time. But back then, people are already used to it that no one complaints. In miri, we are pampered by the previous good management of wastage. But no lah dude… not reach level ‘crisis’ yet. Other area are so far unaffected. Maybe if all area suffer the same circumstances and it’s going on for weeks only then we call it a crisis.

Anyway, you already lodge a formal complaint? A counter complaint wouldn’t be much use. Aim for the highest of the food chain, make a formal complaint straight to them. Well, a viral complaint such as this one works too… but it seems that yours didn’t manage to take off for some reason… to be honest, i was attracted by your heading “Miri in Crisis”. I’m sorry for your predicament, but our reactions to the supposed crisis is a resounding echo of “meh”.

I hope this doesn’t come back to bite me in the a**!

The topic is very misleading.

rubbish not collected = crisis?

COME ON…

meh

Haha, maybe his house in crisis cos’ too much rubbish uncollected

Well… that depends on number of days that the wastage accumulated…

Well, I’m staying in Piasau Jaya area and yes, right after the Gawai holiday their schedule changed. Normally they will collect on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Then after the holiday, the came once a week. Imagine a rubbish bin full with maggots and we are not the only one complaining, it’s eveyone in the area.

Hmm. Taman Tunku not affected so far. Probably it’s a manpower shortage, no drivers and coolies. Probably mass resignation after Gawai’s hangover. I cannot think of anything else… apart from BN/PKR area divide perhaps? No, didnt make sense since MMC is still under one roof. :slight_smile:

Probably certain area got such problem but in Lutong its ok.
Sometime they came even at night after 9pm or 10pm to collect rubbish.

Its not easy to get workers for such service cos all its general workers are Indon while the drivers are locals, not many people would like to do such “dirty” job.
So, I think the contractor also having headache.

[quote=“Anhelicoodle”]Hi BSB. I understand your concern, but isn’t it a tad excessive too put the title as "Miri in Crisis’? My opinion is that we have been spoiled by the good management of Miri city before that when such thing as this happen, we judge it too quickly as a crisis. You see, when i live in Sibu, these kind of things happen all the time. But back then, people are already used to it that no one complaints. In miri, we are pampered by the previous good management of wastage. But no lah dude… not reach level ‘crisis’ yet. Other area are so far unaffected. Maybe if all area suffer the same circumstances and it’s going on for weeks only then we call it a crisis.

Anyway, you already lodge a formal complaint? A counter complaint wouldn’t be much use. Aim for the highest of the food chain, make a formal complaint straight to them. Well, a viral complaint such as this one works too… but it seems that yours didn’t manage to take off for some reason… to be honest, i was attracted by your heading “Miri in Crisis”. I’m sorry for your predicament, but our reactions to the supposed crisis is a resounding echo of “meh”.

I hope this doesn’t come back to bite me in the a**![/quote]

Bro…it part of advertisement strategy to attract forumer view and perhaps someone know what happen and tell me…(I change the title oledy…is’t ok?)…hehehe

Not my house only bro…but my neighborhood…notice all the dustbin full oledy and make situation worst, dog scattered the waste on the road right in front of gate…now ok oledy…they came and collect the rubbish early this morning but the road totally mess…

Hi BSB. Lol, good decision in changing the title. How long has this been goin on? 1 month plus? Regarding the scattered road, i once ask them to clean up before. They clean up without question, even scrap animal carcasses off the road (poor cat). MAybe different team handling different area tho…

Ever consider recycling, Organic compost, reduce food wastage. I bet some of the food you throw in the garbage hardly been touch at all.

…im working wif tis rubbish contarctr cmpny.actly, we facing wif workers/kuli problem some of them flee,our drvr or worker sick sometimes so they take leave… new drvr(if we gt new drvr we need to give a time for them to learn whch area he should take so tis sitution will sometimes make them slow to work bt let say they not finish doin they collection today they will continue tmmrw morning and some of them will continue until nite), sometimes our truck having prob… yes we understnd all of mirian ppl pay the assestmnt rate bt we also pay our workers ,do they permit n visa… if all the mirian ppl nt pay the assesmnt rate so whr the governmnt will look for money to pay us rite? yes i admit our false bt actlly we alrdy try our best to solve tis prob…

Liberty…thanks for the explanation…this is what i’m seeking for…an explanation and sure mirian understand ur problem,it not easy to handle this situation, thus making me more appreciate those people who work on the field in this industry…not all people want to work as rubbish collector even u offering them high pay…good luck and hopefully your team could come at least one a week that should be good enough…

Closure then :). Crisis averted. Topic closed?

Its not easy for the contractor, not only problems with the workers but also from the council… u know how civil service works especially with all the contractors… if you want fast payments and smooth operations better give “donations” and “gifts”