Miri have enough houses? Or too much?

(whatman) #1

I went around Vista Perdana to have a look at available houses.

There seem to be quite a lot of houses not occupied. Some of the street where you have something like 10 houses in a row but only 1 or 2 have tenant.

(GTSW20) #2

Miri have NOT enough houses and we have also not enough money. :mrgreen:

(lyn.lyn) #3

if u talking about the terrace house which has green paint on it, it has just being handover lately and most house is still not occupied yet. other single storey house by naim is still undergoing construction and hasnt being handover, as well as the new terrace single storey and double storey terrace. most new house around tat area just handover end of last yr and this yr.

some handover dy also waiting for rental tenant or are selling off

(ken) #4

+1 on lyn.lyn comments

(myy2010) #5

a lot of house , but no money to buy…

(whatman) #6
lyn.lyn said:
if u talking about the terrace house which has green paint on it, it has just being handover lately and most house is still not occupied yet. other single storey house by naim is still undergoing construction and hasnt being handover, as well as the new terrace single storey and double storey terrace. most new house around tat area just handover end of last yr and this yr.

some handover dy also waiting for rental tenant or are selling off

I see. I thought its available unit since I saw few already got occupancy. I wonder once handover complete how many will actually have tenant?
(haveljohn) #7

Maybe broker bought it first. Then sell it at a higher price or rent it to other people.

(pandemoni) #8

the more the better… faster to burst the bubble

(whatman) #9

Almost always broker. I avoid looking for house on facebook. Just go directly to developer better.

(tonyops) #10

yea, broker need to cari makan, but still best deal direct with developer or house owner.

(whatman) #11

I wonder how much broker takes in % ?

(pai.tenko) #12

usually 1% of the purchase price OR if u sell ur house at 100k, but the broker can sell it at 105k, then the broker get the 5k.

(4John) #13

When a glut of residential properties occur the prices will come down with the smaller developers but not giants like Naim, they have the financial resources to ride it out.

(Jackson Liaw) #14
4John said:
When a glut of residential properties occur the prices will come down with the smaller developers but not giants like Naim, they have the financial resources to ride it out.
Interesting fact @4John
(Keong1) #15

any shophouses for sale?..these are a good investment

(Keong1) #16

anyone??..

(powerhouse) #17

when the prices of the property surged so high, the only way to put it down is to gather all the people in Miri not to buy house for 3 months consecutively. Believe me, the developer would be hard having problem to pay the loan or mortgage with the bank. Then, in order to sell it off, they have to readjust it. Why are we so scare to not have house to stay? We must unite as a purchaser…

1 Like
(Keong1) #18

What a stupid question for the TS to ask "Does Miri have enough houses or too much?"

How will a city grow and develop without housing ?
If you said the same question about KL or Singapore? how?

(whatman) #19

Well I am not looking to buy one anytime soon. Rental is much cheaper.

(MonkeyKing) #20

Over-development without proper planing on drainage and sewerage system and road system result in flooding and traffic jam