Miri got global positioning system huh?

I heard ppl using their phone to navigate around Miri town ohhhh. True kah??
I was curious so went to Boulevard Art photo there ask and they say have to install what Garmin mobile?? RM80 for the software
I am using Nokia e65. really can use the garmin things? or i need a GPS receiver??
Any expert out there who can share their knowledge on this??
THANK YOU!!!

i hv installed garmin mobile into my e71…n using malsing maps…miri maps do hv inside…

And also visit http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/index.php for free GPS information and FREE map of whole of Malaysia including Miri :wink: , Singapore and Brunei.

If you want to use GPS constantly for navigation around Miri and generally in Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei, a dedicated GPS receiver like the Garmin Nuvi series is recommended. Malsingmaps (MSM) provides a very detailed map of Miri and you can download it from MSM for FREE. These maps are constantly being updated by mappers and contributors in their free time for all to use.

Quite long time d.

I own a Garmin Nuvi 255w and map from malsingmap Cause malsingmap consists of better Miri map compare to Malfreemap. But frankly speaking, sometimes you need the GPS to navigate to random roads.

I was using my Nokia N82 while taking a trip to Sabah. Works very well and can even calculate the estimate speed and arrival time.

Try not to rely on it too much though. I travel between Miri and Sabah often. Along the trip there are ferries which you need to take. Lets just say that the GPS was not smart enough to guide me there. Instead, it brought me to a road where it just cuts off at the river. Had to spent almost an hour to find the ferry point… :? Back then, I was using Malsingmaps 3.07

Now using Malsingmaps 3.08. Excellent coverage on Miri except there is an annoying bug where when the routing reaches a traffic light, it sometimes route to an opposite direction, odd roads.

Try not to rely on it too much though. I travel between Miri and Sabah often. Along the trip there are ferries which you need to take. Lets just say that the GPS was not smart enough to guide me there. Instead, it brought me to a road where it just cuts off at the river. Had to spent almost an hour to find the ferry point… :? Back then, I was using Malsingmaps 3.07

Now using Malsingmaps 3.08. Excellent coverage on Miri except there is an annoying bug where when the routing reaches a traffic light, it sometimes route to an opposite direction, odd roads.[/quote]

Update to MSM 3.09.

Please be specific to which traffic light with annoying bug and any errors you encountered. I’d like to know to correct errors. Thanks

Oh my god, so it seems that it is a bug, not with a problem with my GPS, I thought my GPS is bugged lol.

Cause especially I just came back from Sungai Tujuh and heading to Pujut 7 bridge, that part is the most problematic.

[quote=“SuiginTou”]Oh my god, so it seems that it is a bug, not with a problem with my GPS, I thought my GPS is bugged lol.

Cause especially I just came back from Sungai Tujuh and heading to Pujut 7 bridge, that part is the most problematic.[/quote]

Here is the screenshot of my phone. Using MalsingMaps 3.08.
[attachment=0]error.jpg[/attachment]

The red circle is actually a traffic light. See how Garmin is routing it?
Will try out 3.09 and see whether the problem is still there.

EDIT: 3.09 still has this problem.

I see the problem your mention here. To correct this or any problem, I feel it is better to report this in MSM as MSM is the forum for GPS related activities.

Please report any errors of Miri at http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewt … &start=370 You will have to register, sign in to report errors. The GPS sifus are most willing to hear any error or feedback concerning the map.

Let’s make Miri map even better with your valued reports and contributions.

Cheers,

[quote=“bluhound”][quote=“SuiginTou”]Oh my god, so it seems that it is a bug, not with a problem with my GPS, I thought my GPS is bugged lol.

Cause especially I just came back from Sungai Tujuh and heading to Pujut 7 bridge, that part is the most problematic.[/quote]

Here is the screenshot of my phone. Using MalsingMaps 3.08.
[attachment=0]error.jpg[/attachment]

The red circle is actually a traffic light. See how Garmin is routing it?
Will try out 3.09 and see whether the problem is still there.

EDIT: 3.09 still has this problem.[/quote]
HMm. Forgot whether I got encounter that problem or not.

But then, Especially coming back from sungai tujuh, the GPS tells me that I am going in the wrong direction! That road is 2 way, how can it be wrong direction?

how to download it to nokia e71??from laptop to mobile phone?