Miri Crocodile Farm

(ZoOL) #1

Just want to share little bit about my experience at Miri Crocodile Farm last Saturday. It was my first visit to this crocodile farm or mini zoo.

0 Likes

(Tawai) #2

can eat croc meat there?

0 Likes

(Hacker_888) #3

0 Likes

(wgn_white) #4

Did you try to feed the deers and ride the horse?

There’s a rabbit house too where you can enter their perimeters and then play with them.

0 Likes

(ZoOL) #5

Yup, but the rabbits are too lazy. All of them sleeping! >_<

0 Likes

(zodiacking) #6

They have rabbits??.. i must have missed them when i went to the farm last year… quite a good experience… seeing all those crocodile, scary and awesome at the same time… haha
Will definitely go back visit the farm again when got free time.

0 Likes

(Athrun_zala_faith) #7

i went there last year to see the feeding of the crocs, there you will always heard people ask : " How about i give you 1 Million and you walk across the Crocs??"

I love the deers and the horse, too bad take pictures also need to pay.

I think people sharing photos and share their experience online is the best advertisement ever, it should be free to take pictures with animals. So more people will come and visit the little zoo.

But judging from the size of the place and many mouth to feed, no wonder they tried to raise money to buy more food for the animals. to keep the place running.

0 Likes

(kicrexayz) #8

i remembered last time went to there was like… 10 years ago…!(opps… i exposed my age > <’'
i didnt know they improved so much… should find a time to visit~‘w’/

0 Likes

(winwin) #9
kicrexayz said:
i remembered last time went to there was like.. 10 years ago..!(opps.. i exposed my age > <''
i didnt know they improved so much.. should find a time to visit~'w'/
kicrexayz, I was there much much longer time than you, say 20+++ years ago, and I'm amazed too with how much the place has changed and improved. During that time I could find only crocs, and not many of them. The owner's effort put in the farm over the years which has since attracted more visitors indeed is well praised. Good work.
0 Likes

(ZoOL) #10

Yup, the mini zoo has improved a lot since 10 years ago. I think they lacks advertising of the place.

0 Likes

(gorshan) #11

that place needs to be upgraded to a full proper zoo and moved to a bigger location. Miri city needs a zoo. come on local govt. do something.

0 Likes

(Pat88) #12
I agree, it's a nice place to visit in Miri, but can anyone explain to me why foreigners must pay more for the visit?
Do Malaysians pay more when visiting zoos abroad???
0 Likes

(winwin) #13

Pat88 I see your point.
When I visited Japan and Korea recently, I enjoyed tourist privileges to visit places on offered packages, including free subway train tickets and free entrance tickets, cheaper by 2/3 of the prices as paid by the locals.

0 Likes

(ZoOL) #14
gorshan said:
that place needs to be upgraded to a full proper zoo and moved to a bigger location. Miri city needs a zoo. come on local govt. do something.
Yup, i'm quite agree with that. If that mini zoo has enough fund, i believed they can make it better.
0 Likes

(ZoOL) #15

Pat88 said:
I agree, it's a nice place to visit in Miri, but can anyone explain to me why foreigners must pay more for the visit?
Creating a business need revenue in order to sustain it. This zoo doesn't have hundreds visitor per day. In order to get enough revenue without burdening the local people, i think it is good for them to charge more to foreigners because their currency is much higher than us.
0 Likes

(wgn_white) #16
Pat88 said:
Locals have subsidy.
Foreigners don't.
But that's only my speculation. :3
0 Likes

(Pat88) #17
Livedooz, if i well understood your reasoning about the higher currency of the foreigners i should conclude that an American tourist should pay more for visiting the crocodile farm than a Nigerian tourist since the USD is much stronger than the NGN when exchanged to Ringgit.
Also, I try to imagine if all the hotels and restaurants in Miri apply the same rule with the tourists in order to sustain their business...

Well, seriously, as Miri is a resort city with the aim of attracting more tourists in the future i will say that the Miri City Council should subsidise the Crocodile farm for a mutual benefit. The more tourists to visit the crocodile farm....the better for the local economy.
0 Likes

(Ransu) #18

Might want to double check with your info. It’s not a albino snake, but a lucistic snake. Not a king cobra, but a spitting cobra. And please don’t condemn a crocodile by adding “Man-eater”. Wouldn’t be nice if humans are called “animal-killing humans” either.

0 Likes

(Reject corrupt BN and save our country.) #19

I kelian to see animals in cages especially birds. They should be in the wild, free to fly wherever they want to.

0 Likes

(winwin) #20
meereeceetee said:
I kelian to see animals in cages especially birds. They should be in the wild, free to fly wherever they want to.
Unlike the bird park in bigger city such as KL where proper nettings covering a magnificent area of jungle allowing birds to fly freely within the vicinity, the zoo here may not have the required specifications To serve the purpose. That's why the birds are to stay inside the cages.
0 Likes