Miri Crocodile Farm / Mini Zoo

Here are some pics taken at Miri’s Crodile Farm / Mini Zoo…

Nasty looking croc

“Get your stinking hand off my face”

A log??

Portrait of an ostrich

Serious hair loss problem

Excellent! National Geographic standards!

Impressive! The photos looks (or smell) better than the actual place. :wink:

I’ve been there few weeks back… the place is well-maintained but the numbers of the displayed animals there are, declined. :? :frowning: I pity a few of the creatures, back there. Anyone been there lately? :smiley:

Very well taken and well composed. Good colour too! Keep it up.

I went there a couple of weeks back and found the entry fees too high. There is not much to see either.

yes, i agree. There are not many animals to see. Some of them dont look so healthy either. The owl was injured on the nose and when i went there the 2nd time, it was gone. Prob dead or something. :cry:

:cry: :cry:

relaxjack - excellent pictures! do keep them coming, mean while: ok spit it out! how did you do it? what equipment do you use? what software? how do you make them look so good?

the first 6 pics was taken with Konica Minolta 5D. The last one with Olympus C750UZ. Post processed with Photoshop CS2 with a bit of USM and crop.

Hey relaxjack - it all sounds so easy when you it like that all in one breath.
:smiley:
I think I should get photoshop and see how I can improve my pictures from a Pentax optio s4i. btw whats usm?

[quote=“Peter Choy”]Hey relaxjack - it all sounds so easy when you it like that all in one breath.
I think I should get photoshop and see how I can improve my pictures from a Pentax optio s4i. btw whats usm?[/quote]

I’m curious about USM too but seems to me like a noise filter. See how ‘fluid’ the water is, and how the fine feather/fur is blurred. Looks like the use of a filter.

What struck me is how his colors and lighting is so even. I could never produce that in Photoshop no matter how hard I tried. It’s fine example of good photography. His cropping is done very nicely too, definitely has an eye for such great framing.

I agree, his modesty is overwhelming. :lol:

you guys have obviously overestimated my skills. btw, USM = unsharp mask. the name is a bit misleading. It actually produce sharpening effect on the pic. The photos were taken in RAW format and thus having better dynamic range even after post processing.

Photoshop (or any other good photo editing software) is an essential tool every digital shooter must have.

[quote=“relaxjack”]you guys have obviously overestimated my skills. btw, USM = unsharp mask. the name is a bit misleading. It actually produce sharpening effect on the pic. The photos were taken in RAW format and thus having better dynamic range even after post processing.

Photoshop (or any other good photo editing software) is an essential tool every digital shooter must have.[/quote]

Unsharp mask! now why didn’t I realise that. Anyway, I do a lot of photoshoping and I can tell you the quality of pictures come not from photoshop enhancements but from how it was taken (and partly what equipment it was taken on). Photoshop clearly helps, but the overall result is in the techniques.

exactly. The person behind the camera is the most crucial factor. The camera and editing softwares are just a tool. However, with good photoshop skill, a photographer can really open up a whole new horizon in digital photography.

you take your pics in RAW format with that kind of equiptment?! how large a size would an average photo be with those specs?

KM5D RAW format is roughly 8mb per pic. I normally convert it to Digital Negative in Photoshop to reduce the size to half ( about 4mb).

[quote=“ian”][quote=“Peter Choy”]Hey relaxjack - it all sounds so easy when you it like that all in one breath.
I think I should get photoshop and see how I can improve my pictures from a Pentax optio s4i. btw whats usm?[/quote]

I’m curious about USM too but seems to me like a noise filter. See how ‘fluid’ the water is, and how the fine feather/fur is blurred. Looks like the use of a filter.

What struck me is how his colors and lighting is so even. I could never produce that in Photoshop no matter how hard I tried. It’s fine example of good photography. His cropping is done very nicely too, definitely has an eye for such great framing.[/quote]

Ian, I personally think what he did up there (those pics) are Gold, man… :slight_smile: hehe …

Just want to say, is there any Webshots (1024x768) for these? hehe… :grin: