Miri Church Attack Makes It Seven

Miri church attack makes it seven
UPDATED
RAWANG, Jan 10 A church in Miri has reported an arson attempt today, making it the seventh attack in three days that is linked to the Allah ruling which has provoked Muslim anger.

This is the first reported attack in East Malaysia where a large part of the population are Christians who worship in Bahasa Malaysia and also the ruling Barisan Nasionals fixed deposit of votes and parliamentary seats in Election 2008.

Home Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein confirmed the attempt but insisted the situation in the country is under control.

The situation is under control and the people should not be worried. They should not be influenced by internet reports or text messages, he told reporters at an Umno event here.

Four churches in the Klang Valley were hit by petrol bombs on Friday while one was hit last night in Taiping. A Malacca church reported it was splashed with black paint while a priest in Penang had his car splashed with red paint.

A convent school in Taiping was also the target of an attempt with petrol bombs found near its guardhouse overnight. Church authorities believe it was meant for the St Louis Church next door.

Hishammuddin reminded the people not to be influenced by foreign and internet media reports as these could be inaccurate and project the country as unstable.

He said the ministry would brief foreign envoys on the actual situation

We have to brief the international community as we have our citizens out there who want to know the actual situation which has been played up by certain quarters, including what is taken from the Internet, he said.

Hishammuddin said the government will give an accurate picture of what has happened in the spate of church attacks.
http://themalaysianinsider.com/index.ph … akes-it-7-

I just saw about this news in Channel 502. I hated to report this news about Miri here.

I hope Mirians will not do stupid things like this to make headlines.

only 1 race will do that saja!!!

which church?

if the home minister said everything is still under control then why is it spreading to east malaysia now? is it still under control because there is no casualty yet?

Look like Good Shephard
[attachment=0]all201.jpg[/attachment]

isit mean they are trying to burn the church in miri?

Sorry guys, the photo was at Taiping “All Saints Church”.

Personally, I think mass media should stop publishing the news about the occurring arsons. The published news had shown that it is hard for the police force to capture the arsonist. Immature people would have found it thrilling to commit the same incident because they will not be caught. After all, any attack on church is automatically linked to retaliation for the court ruling.

Similar thing happens when the mass media “popularizes” the news on “mat rempit” from Peninsula Malaysia until some of our childish sarawakian teenages also follow the “trend”.

Oi which church is it?? Not miri leh… its Rawang lah… =.= this isnt a reliable source of news anyway… You want real news wait for the Star or NST… That makes people confuse…

The Insider says Miri… zzzz when its Taiping… omg… dont trust unreliable sources… I thought MIRI church being burnt was real… Because i think east malaysians aren’t like those west malaysians…

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/ … index_html

this is the real one… its not MIRI…

They are making Christians more well known… :slight_smile:

some says its the good shepherd church at lutong. can anyone confirm on that??

the police jaga our churches…kena bless trus…HE’S sooo clever…

1 fella conform good shepherd church kna attack…many reporter go there this morning…

keris-mudin said ‘this is an isolated case. if the attacks are co-ordinated then its a threat to the country’. in 8tv mandarin news.

[quote=“Eugene91”]Oi which church is it?? Not miri leh… its Rawang lah… =.= this isnt a reliable source of news anyway… You want real news wait for the Star or NST… That makes people confuse…

The Insider says Miri… zzzz when its Taiping… omg… dont trust unreliable sources… I thought MIRI church being burnt was real… Because i think east malaysians aren’t like those west malaysians…[/quote]

the Star is run by MCA and NST under UMNO, As much real news as there may be in both papers, I can tell you there are plenty of “real news” you have not read up on. Go to malaysiakini or malaysia-today to get the other side of the story, and judge yourself.

Please do not spread false news. False news might lead to repeat of May 13 incident. For reliable source, check online at The Star Online. Or you can drive to the church said to be involve. Just remain calm and pray.

A stone is thrown…

the Star is run by MCA and NST under UMNO, As much real news as there may be in both papers, I can tell you there are plenty of “real news” you have not read up on. Go to malaysiakini or malaysia-today to get the other side of the story, and judge yourself.

The Star is still reliable… Why you? Simply stating such saying as “real-news”? The news said wasn’t CORRECT … Obviosly in the Picture again it says TAIPING… Not MIRI… So?? Who’s reliable?

Like MiriBoyz say DRIVE to the CHURCH and see…

Anyway im receiving reports on that it is in Lutong… Not so sure yet.

But still The Insider is sooo Unreliable… LoL…