MCnet Forum becoming Chat Portal?

Well at least that is how I feel lately. The traffic is busy with ’ gmail-like’ chat or ’ messenger-like ’ chat.

i agree!!

do you mean the MSN [bot] yahoo caht [bot]?

what are those?

[quote=“super_moderator”]do you mean the MSN [bot] yahoo caht [bot]?

what are those?[/quote]

I meant people treating this forum as a mean of two-way communication. Its better to use google, MSN, Yahoo chat , or other chat portals as the speed is faster and private.

ok…i agree with you

those types of post should be considered spam as in other forums.

very strange to see those private chat here

example: “hey i will meet you at the toast house 8pm”

so any good suggestion what should those member do posting ?

yeahh any suggestions on hw 2 improve tis situation??

look 8 super_moderator

there is something called a PM or “Private message” for private (NOT PUBLIC) situations

I tot those are part of the discussion so that everyone could join in if they want… :roll:

well said…BRAVO!! :smiley:

PM is for those who want to be private. if u want to publish that is your own choice.

Do we consider this chat or discussion? :roll: :roll:

http://www.miricommunity.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=10046

As for me… I do not see any problem with posting as long as we do not cross the borderline… tat’s all… afterall… its a community forum where we all get meet discuss stuff…etc.

Try check out other forums… they do the same as well la…

PRivate message is for me to use it to tell ppl something that I do not want public to know…

my 2 cts… :mrgreen:

I tot those are part of the discussion so that everyone could join in if they want… :roll:[/quote]

so you want everyone on the internet to come to the toast house?
55 million people??? :shock: :shock:

I tot those are part of the discussion so that everyone could join in if they want… :roll:[/quote]

55 million people??? :shock: :shock:[/quote]

Why not…if they want… it’s a good thing to meet up too…

I think I have sourced the problem here.

It is the moderators, they are the ones setting a bad example so others follow.

In other more established forums the moderators are very strict, even saying thanks is considered spam…

So how about you guys button up your act a bit…ok

55 million people??? :shock: :shock:[/quote]

puh-leese! do you actually think that 55 million people enter MCnet forum?

granted in most other forums some of the msgs here will be considered spam. but dont forget, those are big forums with lots of people so if everyone ‘spams’ then it would create havoc.

I think its ok for MCnet since we (honestly) dont have a lot of active members

U mean the Super one izzit… :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Kind of agree with u *

not all the moderators

3 in particular

hmmmmmm…wonder who???

[quote=“super_moderator”]In other more established forums the moderators are very strict, even saying thanks is considered spam…[/quote] :roll: :roll:

Wondering if we could call this a spam…

• take a break…super…*

Even forumers in community as large is Lowyat.net treats the forum threads like chat portal. Well, for some forum category lah, not all… They don’t really care about those forum category cos it doesn’t contribute to posts count.

Well, in MC.net, it doesn’t matter whether we have 1 million posts count, or 0 posts count. Does it matter anyways? There are no hidden forum category where I can only access after reaching X amount of post count. Unlike certain forum where they have this kind of rule to make sure the forumer contributes to the community before they can get something exclusive.