Master of Science in Petroleum Engineering

Hello Miri communities.

I am looking for those who interested to further their study in Msc Petroleum Engineering. This program is offered by University Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) and we need at least 15 pax for the program to be conducted in Miri.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS

M. Sc in Petroleum Engineering Bachelor Degree in Petroleum Engineering from a recognized Higher Learning Institution with CGPA 3.0/4.0 or equivalent. For bachelor degree other than Petroleum are also invited to join as long it in engineering/technology/science. For candidates with CGPA less than 3.0, please refer to Entry Evaluation Guidelines (http://www.sps.utm.my).

The program is a taught course and the classes will be held on weekend. The class will start on September 2014 once the requirements are met. For the registration, please PM me.

For more details please click to this link http://www.petroleum.utm.my/information … gineering/

Addition to that, the government is giving scholarship for those who pursuit master or Phd called Mybrain15. Please click for details https://biasiswa.moe.gov.my/MyBrain15/i … master.php

Edit*: Additional info to the admin or moderator, I am not selling anything. I am looking for those who wanted to take this program because I also want to take this program. Otherwise, I have to travel to JB or KL every weekend.

check ur pm

Count me in.

Thank you for your interests. I forgot to mention that please pm me your full name, degree’s name and your phone no/email. Sorry, I couldn’t reply your pm since I’m still new to MC.

As I have mentioned earlier in my post, we need at least 15 pax for the program to be conducted in Miri. Once we have enough people, I will inform you regarding the registration later.

To Niahurul, regarding to your question, this program is offered directly under faculty of petroleum UTM and the class will be on weekends.

Thank you for your interest. Sorry, I could reply your PM. For the registration, please PM me your full name, degree’s name and phone no/email. Once we have enough participant, I will inform you regarding the registration later.

As I posted earlier, we need at least 15 pax for the program to be conducted in Miri. So far, we have 8 pax including myself, niahurul and silv3r. Please do tell your friend or colleague regarding this program.

To reply niahurul pm, the class will be conducted on weekends and this program offered by faculty of petroleum UTM. Currently, they have classes for part time bachelor degree in petroleum in Miri and now they look for those who interested to take master.

Thank you for your interest. So sorry to niahurul because I couldn’t reply your pm.

To answer your question, this program is conducted by faculty of petroleum & renewable energy engineering UTM. The classes will be held on weekends in Miri. However, we need to have at least 15 pax for the program to start.

Please provide me your full name, your degree and phone no/email. I will inform you regarding the registration later once we have enough participant.

Thank you for your interest. So sorry to niahurul because I couldn’t reply your pm.

To answer your question, this program is conducted by faculty of petroleum & renewable energy engineering UTM. The classes will be held on weekends in Miri. However, we need to have at least 15 pax for the program to start.

Please provide me your full name, your degree and phone no/email. I will inform you regarding the registration later once we have enough participant.

This is all sounding like a bit of a scam to me! Why no public details? Seriously recommend that you do not provide any personal info to zakoilman until there is some accreditation.

Thanks for the concern DnD, I agree in never unnecessarily giving out personal details, but why I don’t think this is a scam:

1. Follow the links and you will notice that this is an actual offering by UTM’s External/Off-Campus Programmes. The 15 min pax is an actual requirement.
  2. TS replied my PM with his real name, and like any GenY’er I fb’ed him, pics and all. Seems like a legit guy :smiley:

I think TS is just taking the initiative and compiling a list of possible applicants. I sure as heck don’t want to spend 1 month writing a research proposal and have my application rejected only because the min pax requirement wasn’t met

Hi, I hv myself and at least two colleagues who are keen. Can you organise a meeting with UTM dean.prof so that we can have a better understanding?

I see your concern DnD but I assure you this is not a scam. FYI, I’m myself wanted to take this course too. That is why I’m looking whoever shared the same interest with me so that we can have the class in Miri. I will send you my info and the contact of the prof for your verification. So far, I have confirmed with 7 pax including myself, few of my colleagues and swagals. I’m still waiting for silv3r and niahurul confirmation.

Sorry, but I don’t want to exposed my personal info to public unless necessary. Just like swagals, you may find me on fb or linkedin.

Dear all,
My apologies to Zakhoilman . . . . I “shot from the hip” a bit too quickly.
I wish you all well with getting the course set up here in Miri.

Apologies accepted DnD. Luckily, your shot was a near miss. :slight_smile:

Count me in.

how long it takes to complete this master ? im interested…tq

The duration of the program is approximately 1.5 to 2 years.

Purely by course? Any research/thesis needed?

It is a taught course program.

I would like to express my thanks to those who support and help me for this course. For those who are still interested or want to know more regarding this course, please PM me.

Hi can you share me some details? Thanks.