- Manage and support the development, implementation and maintenance of the Health and Safety elements of the company’s HSQE Management System, and ensure that the goals and requirements of the Company’s HQSE Policy and associated Standards are achieved in all activities.
- Ensure that the company’s HSQE Management System supports the delivery of Regulatory Compliance and advice on compliance with relevant applicable Health and Safety Legislation and Regulations.
- Interface with Client HSQE Groups. Demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Scope’s quality framework.
- Continually maintain an appropriate level of safety awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the fleet to create a culture that prioritizes effective HSQE.
- Lead in the IMS review process by periodically feeding back to management practical ‘on the ground’ feedback and issues observed onboard.
- Conduct site hazard, risk assessments and Behavior Based Safety trainings and assessments.
- Provide regular written safety reports timely, as well as other production-related results and updates to the Group HSQE Manager.
- Lead risk assessments and studies and ensure results are addressed as work is executed.
- Assist in investigation of project incidents as per the IMS and ensure proper records and corrective actions are completed and submitted.
- Follow up accident investigations to ensure close-out or recommendations to prevent recurrence and ensure communications of results across business units and Contractor workforces.
- Promote HSQE related lessons learnt and the exchange of HSE information across business units and Contractor workforces with the goal of achieving higher HSQE awareness.
- Develop, implement and execute HSE training plan for the Company and fleet personnel.
- Develop, implement and execute Company HSE Plan, Objective, Tracker etc including clients requirement and KPI.
- Actively participate in the scheduling of safety meetings across Company locations to review HSQE performance and policies.
- Ensure that Contractor HSE activities comply with Company & Contractor HSE Policies & Plans, conform to the terms & conditions of the Contract and meet local statutory HSE regulations.
- Ensure that all Hazards and Risks associated with Company and Contractor work activities have been identified, assessed and actions implemented to eliminate or reduce these to ALARP.
- Participate in Offshore HSQE Audit, Inspection, Stand Up, Campaign etc.
- Address specific reporting and record keeping requirements of OSHA, IMCA, OVMSA etc., as well as other pertinent safety/regulatory compliance matters and to ensure project sites are in compliance.
- Oversight of HSQE incentive programs and periodically reviews them to ensure they are accomplishing the desired results. Make necessary changes to the program to maximize effect.
- Stay abreast of current and emerging HSQE aspects of this position.
- Participate/ attend industry related meetings/conferences when requested to do so.
- Review the daily, weekly and monthly HSQE site reports and statistics.
- Attends Management Meeting/Review together and presents HSQE KPIs update in monthly HSQE Meetings.
- Compile and publish HSE statistics and communicate to all management and personnel.
- Ensure that emergency preparedness and response plans are developed, documented, implemented and tested.
- Any other HSQE related duties that may be required by MEO Top Management.
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Environmental/Health/Safety) or equivalent.
- At least 8 years of relevant managegerial experience in the related field
- Preferably Sea-Going experience
- Possess good knowledge of ISM,ISO, OCIMF (OVMSA & OVID), STCW 95 and ISPS
- Marine Operation experience essential
- Passionate interest in HSQE and a firm belief that all incidents and avoidable
- Good communication, report writing and training skills
- A good team-player
- Accredited with Incident Investigation, DPA,
- Possess End Users Safety Passports (PCSB, SHELL, etc)
MEO is committed to offering our employees a safe, engaging and fulfilling workplace, with considerable opportunities for advancement.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your detailed resume with informaiton on current salary, expected salary and date of availability.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.