Malaysia’s third national airline takes to the skies

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/8/1/nation/20060801134757&sec=nation

MIRI: Malaysias third national airline - Fly Asian Xpress (FAX) - soared into the skies Tuesday, pledging to deliver efficient flight services to some 700,000 people at low-cost fares despite the frequent fuel price hike.

FAX, with its headquarters in Miri, will connect all the rural sectors in Sarawak and Sabah with major cities and towns in the two states.

It is offering a two-week promotional fare of RM9.99 for all destinations for the next two weeks.

Chief Executive Officer Raja Mohd Azmi Raja Razali, who witnessed the airlines first flight from Sibu to Miri at 9.40am (0140GMT), said the airline will stay true to its tagline of affordable accessibility and will keep its fare as low as possible.

FAX will operate 343 flights this week. It will have its headquarters in Miri and will serve some 700,000 people throughout Sarawak and Sabah, particularly in the rural areas.

We will be a responsible airline and will fulfil our social obligations by providing low-cost fares with efficient services and at the same time increase our passenger- load so that we will become a commercially viable airline.

Once our operations have settled in this two states, FAX will look at expanding to destinations in the Brunei-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East Asian Growth Area, he told a press conference.

Where to buy the ticket ??? :wink: :wink:

That was easy, simply drawing the words “FAX” over the MAS colors :lol: :lol:

Well we’re glad this travel issue was settled. Somewhat.

Reservation is in here…hope it helps

http://www.flyasianxpress.com/site/en/fax/home.jsp

Ya lo…I just notice that the stripe is still there… :lol: :lol: Paste & Cut Only…very very cost saving … 8) 8)

I heard before this they are mainly focusing on online booking like air asia…I was wondering what bout those who dun have access to the internet??what about those old folks who go to the airport hoping they could just get a plane ride back home…I hope it settles

Check this out:

or call centre…
or sales office…
or agent…

but harga a bit expensive la.

True TRUE… :stuck_out_tongue: my Grandma in the interior will have abig problem the next sometime she wants to come to Miri using this airline … :roll: :roll:

dont worry daniel…

they still use counter system (brick n mortar office), got agent oso…
MAB airport pun ada jual lorr but a BIT Expensive laa…

Better teach her how to used the internet and apply her a creadit card too while at it… :lol:

Ha ha :o :o … then she will not be going to the farm anymore … instead lepak …at cybercafe … :lol: :lol:

Ha ha :o :o … then she will not be going to the farm anymore … instead lepak …at cybercafe … :lol: :lol:[/quote]

all the old folks from kampung of ours would have to have IDSL access and expensive laptops…kaya orang IT in Miri if that happens…bank also kaya…FAX gets plummeting range in future coz all of them surf AiraAsia site to go to other places instead of going to kampung for holiday…finish story

[quote=“iqmedia”]Check this out:

or call centre…
or sales office…
or agent…

but harga a bit expensive la.[/quote]

Gi thanks…You are gooda…Keep up the good work :lol: :lol: Cheers

Macam pernah ku lihat tapi di mana ah ?
:? :? :shock:
So confirm la this Company also belong to AirAsia … :? :?

Fooo…yooo… [size=150]Congested …!!![/size]Sorry.

There has been a communications problem.
Data lines may be congested right now, or
another issue may exist. Please try again
later or contact our Nationwide Call Centre
at 03-8775 4000 (within Malaysia), 0 2515 9999
(within Thailand), 6733 9933 (within Singapore) or
+603 8660 4343 (outside Malaysia) to make a booking.

Case Number: AK43482009100

[quote=“daniel7575”]Fooo…yooo… [size=150]Congested …!!![/size]Sorry.

There has been a communications problem.
Data lines may be congested right now, or
another issue may exist. Please try again
later or contact our Nationwide Call Centre
at 03-8775 4000 (within Malaysia), 0 2515 9999
(within Thailand), 6733 9933 (within Singapore) or
+603 8660 4343 (outside Malaysia) to make a booking.

Case Number: AK43482009100[/quote]

what do you expect dude…rm9.99…gila…I also if i were in Miri I would want to fly to many places all in a week…this week… :lol:

I wander if the flight will have a delaying problem like what they use to have …??? :smiley: :smiley:

If you are somewhere in the interior and the flight is cancel due to bad weather how are they going to handle it … where la we are going to stay !!! :lol: :lol:

[quote=“daniel7575”]Macam pernah ku lihat tapi di mana ah ?
So confirm la this Company also belong to AirAsia … :? :?[/quote]

FAX is own some company, an AirAsia subsidiary. So somewhat, FAX is also part of AirAsia…

[quote=“daniel7575”]Macam pernah ku lihat tapi di mana ah ?
So confirm la this Company also belong to AirAsia … :? :?[/quote]

hahahaha…of course it belong to Airasia. u could even find the link in http://www.airasia.com…hehehe