Makanmaniacs.com - celebrating 1 year anniversary!

guys and gals, this has been in my mind lately:

I am planning to do a small project: Searching for good food in Miri.
[i]
How it will be done: normally will seek for good food for breakie, lunchie and possibly tea-time, dinner and supper.

Date proposed: starting this weekend (subject may changed without notice)

Things to be done: Photos will be taken for the food, map will be drawn.

So, anyone interested? :smiley:

[b][size=200]Updated:

No more guessing or wondering. It is happening now!!!

Visit http://www.makanmaniacs.com[/size][/b]

MM Polo Shirt on sale now! Check the site for price and details!
[/i]
http://www.makanmaniacs.com/2008/10/mm- … r-now.html

[b]Updated: 02.05.2009

Hi all it has been a while since i update this thread. MM is still continue to serve the community and the food businesses in Miri.

If you are food business owner of any kind (Malay, Chinese, Western, Eastern, Stall, Franchises, Hotels, Restaurants, Cafe, Bistro and etc), feel free to give us a contact by email your contact and details to: mirifoodhunting@gmail.com , tell us how you want us to help. We will try to response your request as soon as we can.

If you are not sure where we are at, it is all under this URL: http://www.makanmaniacs.com

What you will get from that site:

1. Introducing what you have to offer in your place.
  2. It is not a CRITIQUE site. Readers have their right to raise their comment in the “Cmment Section” where it will help the food business to decide how they can do better.
  3. Each place we have been to will be given “Hunted By Makanmaniacs.com” for shop owner and “Makanmaniacs.com Was Here!” sticker for stalls.

More details will be published once i have done the compilation. This is the rough idea what we are.

Happy hunting and trying![/b]

[b]Updated: 01.06.2009

Yes, we have achieved 1 year anniversary with over 30,000 hits and interviewed by Sin Chiew Daily News lately. Thank you again for all your support and please do continue in supporting us.[/b]

[quote=“dasolve”]ok guys and gals, this has been in my mind lately:

I am planning to do a small project: Searching for good food in Miri.

How it will be done: normally will seek for good food for breakie, lunchie and possibly tea-time, dinner and supper.

Date proposed: starting this weekend (subjext may changed without notice)

Things to be done: Photos will be taken for the food, map will be drawn.

So, anyone interested? :D[/quote]

I am really interested to know the outcome of your research, not in your research:) Will you be sharing with us your findings? That will be very much appreciated:)

note
the thread above has been splitted (from missing kueh chap thread) into a new thread based on the nature of the post. tq. :smiley:

hahah ladybird. Thanks!

dasolve, im just curious on your intention (which is good actually :smiley: ) about this as the results may ‘spark’ speculations e.g: bias. another thing to re-consider is people’s preferences - different people have different preferences/likings. unless we have qualified food tasters involved then its fair enough to give our results on the best food that can be found in miri. dont you think so? :wink:

based on what criteria are you going to judge the best food? based on the taste only? does pricing taken into consideration? how about the food presentation? how about the premises cleanliness? if this search is just for the purpose of starting a thread then i see there’s no point of doing so as we do have few threads on best food already. feel free to go through the archives under food and beverage category. :smiley:

may i ‘spill’ my suggestions here on this. i believe this search is done based on voluntarily basis (not everybody can afford dining ‘outside’, right?) unless there is a formed committee members. therefore in order to get the right info maybe you can breakdown the requirement e.g:

1. restaurant category, kopitiam category, hawker category etc.
    (2) food preparation also need to consider e.g: cleanliness, etc
  2. food presentation e.g: simple,too little meat/vege,too salty, etc.
  3. pricing e.g:reasonable, expensive, not worth the money, etc.
  4. location e.g: accessible to public, clean/dirty environment, etc.
    cant think of anything more, my brain are almost drained out due to the recent event :stuck_out_tongue: )

conclusion - to give the right info to mc.net forumers, value for their money (everything nowadays are increasing :frowning: ) and also to ‘outsiders’ who wish/intend to visit miri in the future. :smiley:

Don’t think it is good to name as Best Food in Miri… it will sounds a bit better like Recommended food in Miri.

smallee - i think ‘search for recommended best food in miri’ would sounds better, don’t you think so?

no la. My whole idea is what food available at where at least. Not in particular going to verdict the taste.

I want to serve it as “Where to go for the food you like” scenario :slight_smile:

So pls change the title to “food-hunting in Miri - by dasolve” sounds better :slight_smile: at least they all know what i found and they can go and try themselves. Just trying to tell everyone where to go for particular food and drink in Miri as many of them (that’s what i observed) that Miri is boring and got nothing to do, nothing to eat :slight_smile:

so its gonna be your findings result? if yes, then i can change the thread title to ‘dasolve food hunting in miri’ - what do you think?

Ya. that’s what i try to say :smiley:

Sth like “dasolve’s Food Hunting Project in Miri” :smiley:

[quote=“dasolve”]Ya. that’s what i try to say :smiley:
Sth like “dasolve’s Food Hunting Project in Miri” :D[/quote]
ok, the thread title has changed based on the request. wish you luck in your ‘hunting’. :slight_smile:

Yay! prefer my dasolve not cap for the “d” :smiley:

Done my fren… hope to see your finding…

Good luck…

heheheh okie ppl, stay tuned. Might start by weekend! as i have a long break :wink:

It is happening :slight_smile:

First step: Need somewhere to park information - DONE

http://mirifoodhunting.blogspot.com/

stay tuned :slight_smile:

So where do u start? Town? South? North?

breakfast: wang si tai
lunch: krokop 10 bak kut there
teatime: sau pao
dinner: merbau estate no: 86
supper A-one
beer time: Ming’s Cafe

start from thse which are frequentl asked :smiley:

dasolve, i support u!!

jianh, kam sia! Project might start as early as this saturday! will give a trial run. Anyone fancy of joining me please PM me :smiley:

Sorry, you have to cover the cost of food and drink yourself most of the time as this is non profit project (yet) :stuck_out_tongue: Drinks on me sometimes still ok :slight_smile: