Lost your Mobile Phone?

Have you lost your mobile phone ?
Here’s what you can do…

For GSM Phones

1. Call up the “Customer Care” helpline of your airtime provider and ask them to deactivate the SIM.
  2. Call up the police. Submit them the IMEI number of your phone (which you should have noted before the theft).

If you haven’t lost your cellphone as yet, here’s what you can do.
Don’t delay it… Just bring your cellphone near the computer and do it now !

Instructions :
Look behind the battery of your phone.
To confirm, type *#06# on the keypad.
Note this IMEI number down.

• Report this IMEI number to the police if your cell is stolen.

Knowledge Tit-Bits
A unique code encrypted in each mobile, known as the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number, is now being used to trace a mobile anywhere in the country. Even if the SIM card (network) is changed, it can be traced.

Whenever a phone logs onto a particular network to make or receive calls, its IMEI number is emitted and this gets registered. In case of stolen phones, the service provider can pass on the information to the police. and they can trace the user through the SIM card. It is possible to even track down gangs running cellphone-stealing rackets.

But I’m On CDMA… Help !
Sorry. This technology is not available in Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) mobiles. Handset can be traced only if used in the same network. The programming can be changed very easily and it can be activated for a different service.

in miri, when you trade in your phone, the shop wont ask for your copy of ic. so its quite difficult to trace the thief in case the stolen hp was sold at shop. besides that, the thief sell at very low price, ppl wont ask and immediately buy it without questioning, because its damn cheap.

lame…what do u think malaysian police do? yes they only take report and do nothing…my handphone lost twice when i worked in singapore i did take the imei and report it to police station…till now heard of nothing…(FYI singapore take every detail in new or 2nd hand hp that been sales or buy) still cannot find the thief…wat bout if they sale to thier friend? police cannot track that…and by da way there are many more important case that police want to investigate instead of a lost hp…simple u lost it…buy new one case close!!

This is copy & paste from some website with tips that is not even relevant to real world situation.

if only all smartphones are provided with traceable GPS which cannot be hacked, with the BIOS password just like windows. but there’s nothing we can do as hackers are everywhere and they are smarter than software engineer, that’s why nokia/SE hired them. :mrgreen:

http://www.funsms.net/lost_mobile_phobe.htm

the last time i asked the customer service if they could bar or track my lost phone using my IMEI number…

the epic answer: “There is no such technology in Malaysia yet.”

so good luck trying to crack your case with your IMEI number…

Not easy to track la… Maybe if you have HTC mobile with HTC Sense you can track your own phone via its GPS Tracker.

The only “tracking” that I know of is the emergency personal data wipe out.

However that is only implemented in certain countries, mobile operator, and phones.

Nothing close to say about tracking and getting your phone back with IMEI numbers.

even cars with stamped chassis number are also difficult to be traced after being stolen, dont even say about mobile phones. :mrgreen:

Wasn’t there was news about some owner car got stolen, GPS tracking equipped again, yet end up cannot get car back.

GOOD one…even car also hard and police take time to investigate…now a HP? hello…tis is real world not a fiction muvee or CSI miami… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

GOOD one…even car also hard and police take time to investigate…now a HP? hello…tis is real world not a fiction muvee or CSI miami… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

GOOD one…even car also hard and police take time to investigate…now a HP? hello…tis is real world not a fiction muvee or CSI miami… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:[/quote]

hey guys, IMEI means we can’t track our lost Mobile Phones.
You can block that phone very easily!!

Check this out :

http://www.nokia.com.my/support/faq/sim-card-pin-and-security-codes

5.I lost my phone. How do I block the phone to prevent unauthorised use?

Nokia does not have a system to block the phone. However if you were to provide us the phones IMEI number, we can alert the Authorised Service Centres about the lost phone. You are also advised to make a police report.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2007/10/19/nation/19148695&sec=nation

Stolen mobile phones to be disabled in new move

KUALA LUMPUR: All stolen or missing handphones will be deactivated and can no longer be used even with new SIM cards by December.

This is when the mobile phone service operators introduce a new service to curb mobile phone theft, which has escalated to an alarming level. Last year alone, statistics showed that some 100,000 handphones were reported lost but the authorities said the real figure could be much higher.

When the service starts, all stolen or missing handsets will be deactivated and be blocked nationwide. It will subsequently be extended regionally. This means that all missing or stolen handphones can no longer be used, even with new SIM cards, a source in the telecommunications industry told The Star.

Nuemera Malaysia, a local company, has been appointed by the Energy, Water and Communications Ministry to establish, operate and manage the entire stolen or missing handphones database. The company will work hand in hand with the telcos to manage the database.

Its president, Mohd Nor Amin, confirmed that the company had been appointed for the job but declined to provide details.

However, the source said Nuemera, which has worked with the ministry to implement the system in the past two years, had created a system to enable it to work with the telcos to disable and block such handphones.

The system has already been established. The company is now working with the ministry and MCMC (Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission) to iron out technical issues in introducing the service.

The source said MCMC is likely to call Nuemera and all the local telecommunications companies for a meeting soon to discuss the implementation of the service.

Users who lose their handphones must report to their respective telco to activate the service.

Once a case is reported, the handphone International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI), a unique 15-digit code found in each handset, will be deactivated, disabling the handset. Similar details will also be given to Nuemera.

Based on the IMEI (which is recorded by the telcos when phone calls are made), Nuemera will issue an immediate alert to all other local telcos to notify them of the stolen handsets. Similar details would also be dispatched to telcos in neighbouring countries.

The source said IMEI is a unique code that can be found in Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) and Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) handphone and is used by mobile service providers to identify the validity of the devices.

An MCMC official said the service is unlikely to be free.

There would be a small fee imposed for the service. However, we have yet to fix the quantum and how the users will be charged.

-and i believe PDRM,MCMC, etc , their IT forensic will do for that.

panggauboyz - you are far away from such information.

“Your eye are BIGGER than your STOMACH”

khaahkhkaha have u try it…or u just READ IT!!! u have the knowledge or info bout it…but does it really worked or implemented here in malaysia sarawak n miri itself? even singapore the high tech country cannot do that…or u just read it according to article…but how TRUE its that the question…i repair, service hanphone and got my owned hp shop i knw wat hp is man…u r just like a freshly graduate engineer…have a lot of theories but when come to REAL work…u have no idea how thing is…

" your brain are to big for your head" kukuikuikui

ehem by da way…

Knowledge Tit-Bits
A unique code encrypted in each mobile, known as the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number, is now being used to trace a mobile anywhere in the country. Even if the SIM card (network) is changed, it can be traced.

Whenever a phone logs onto a particular network to make or receive calls, its IMEI number is emitted and this gets registered. In case of stolen phones, the service provider can pass on the information to the police. and they can trace the user through the SIM card. It is possible to even track down gangs running cellphone-stealing rackets.

dts ur stament b4 rite…u said at ur first stament “THEY CAN TRACE…ITS POSSIBLE TO EVEN TRACK DOWN GANGS”…and now u said tis 'hey guys, IMEI means we can’t track our lost Mobile Phones. You can block that phone very easily!!"

now u say IMEI only can block but not traced ??? eh smthing wrong with u ka friend?..ahhahah ho heart feeling ar…peace no war…hahahahah

Call Mythbuster…

hahahah GOOD one :lol: :lol:

Thanks TS for the info …