Looking for temporary work (in miri)

Hello all,

I just completed my A levels and will be free before leaving to pursue further studies. (will be free during july/august)

Unfortunately i only speak English but I have a wide range of skills and am quite adaptable, reliable and organised.

contact me at zacmacc@gmail.com for more information.

Regards,
Zac MacChesney

an Irishman schoolboy looking for work here??

you won’t get paid much buddy!

Hahah… that i dont mind, just looking for something to do!

Im a malaysian national btw.

(congrats on ur completion of ALevels)

err…what type of job might u have in mind? (or job field)
Maybe other MCNet members can help if you b a bit more specific wif ur range of skills. =)

hmmm… i believe myself to be very adaptable. Just today i was cutting some grass at the kebun for my aunties, im into photography and have an account at istockphoto, i like computers - i used to do 3D modeling for planeshift (http://www.planeshift.it), i can drive/deliver, i can make coffee…

i guess ill just see what people are offering, because i have no particular job in mind - just looking to get busy and gain some experience.

ETA: im going to pursue a degree in mechanical engineering so maybe something relevant to that field would be more appropriate?

mind if i ask, where did u complete ur a levels? just curious

Jerudong International School in Brunei, i stayed at the boarding house there… - if you have kids i would highly recommend it :slight_smile: – if it adds to my job prospect, all modesty aside, i was the head boy there this year…

http://www.jis.edu.bn

[quote=“macchesney”]hmmm… i believe myself to be very adaptable. Just today i was cutting some grass at the kebun for my aunties, im into photography and have an account at istockphoto, i like computers, i can make coffee, i can drive/deliver…

i guess ill just see what people are offering, because i have no particular job in mind - just looking to get busy and gain some experience.

ETA: im going to pursue a degree in mechanical engineering so maybe something relevant to that field would be more appropriate?[/quote]
Out of topic: You have any flickr? :wink:

hahah… no, but i got a few photos here - http://www.istockphoto.com/user_view.php?id=3836159 - only a few though, their technical standards are quite high so one has to be very selective when submitting :expressionless:

oh lol thanks for the info…i had an interest of going there before, but when the principal came to our school to promote, he gave a very bad impression…

temporary work ah, u can try go to bintang megamall becoz there are plenty of shops opening and they will sure want employees, such as the Shop of Shoes(SOS)

Hahah… i was thinking of trying that place but who there wants someone who cant speak malay or chinese? maybe i can work as a janitor… :slight_smile:

u can apply for temporary english teacher in some schools, there are always those on pregnancy leaves…

lol… they only want a janitor can speak malay or iban lol… Why don’t you try asking in few hotel for part time waiter in their restaurant.? I bet they want english speaking dude like you. I saw there’s a vacancy on the newspaper from Grand Palace Hotel, Mega Hotel, Marriot, Parkcity or Dynasty Hotel maybe you can try asking if the wanted a month to month staff.?

Btw your name not looks like local… your parent are european or something.?

mmmmm… i might try that… i think a suitable job would be something like an office boy somewhere where westerners work? shell? hahahah…

Ooohh…shell again, everbody just love and wanted to work with big shot. Then you should go to their place and inquries at lutong.

[quote=“macchesney”]Hello all,

I just completed my A levels and will be free before leaving to pursue further studies. (will be free during july/august)

Unfortunately i only speak English but I have a wide range of skills and am quite adaptable, reliable and organised.

contact me at zacmacc@gmail.com for more information.

Regards,
Zac MacChesney[/quote]

Yo bro… now i saw you here… Welcome to Mcnet yeah. :mrgreen: Yo!! Yo!! Yak!! Yak!!