Looking for friends to climb Mount Kinabalu

Hi everyone.

I am keen on climbing Mt Kinabalu somewhere in Feb-April 2012 and looking for friends to join me. This will be my first time climbing Mt Kinabalu so I am also doing self research online about all the requirements for the trip. Having more people along will be fun and some costs can be shared. This trip will focus on keeping the cost down to a minimum and could be a once in a lifetime experience for many. I hope there will be people who are interested in climbing Mount Kinabalu too! Thank you =)

Useful sites about climbing Mt Kinabalu:
http://wikitravel.org/en/Mount_Kinabalu
http://www.mount-kinabalu-borneo.com/mo … -tips.html

hey bro
i have friend who is tourguide on freelance basis. maybe he can help u. kindly contact Mr Ian Noah at 014-8880604.

cheers. :mrgreen:

I went there earlier this year.
I’m only 16.
Heck of a experience!
My advise is at least 3 months of training * jogging, hiking at canada hill*, bring winter clothes * the peak was 2’c when I went* and a bit of tibpits on the way.
Really really nice experience.
All the best!
Try not to go shopping after come down from the mountain.
Straight away go airport and back to Miri.
You might not be able to walk for a few days after the climb.
Good luck!
Might be going again next year.

[quote=“Ransu”]I went there earlier this year.
I’m only 16.
Heck of a experience!
My advise is at least 3 months of training * jogging, hiking at canada hill*, bring winter clothes * the peak was 2’c when I went* and a bit of tibpits on the way.
All the best!
You might not be able to walk for a few days after the climb.
Good luck!
Might be going again next year.[/quote]

Ransu, i think safest is 6 months training. If dun wan to waste the money. A lot of ppl halfway give up.
and depends on which path u take.
got 1 route can get 2 cert upon reaching.

GA, you climbed mount KK before?

hahaha~~ an hectic experiences. :lol:
the cold can freezes ur bone. Without proper training and exercise…impossible to reach top de.

better go when the weather is good otherwise it would be a waste just like we do in June this year. only left 500 metres hv to go down due to strong wind and rain. cheers.

[quote=“gameaddict”]hahaha~~ an hectic experiences. :lol:
the cold can freezes ur bone. Without proper training and exercise…impossible to reach top de.[/quote]

that mean you climb before ler… so envy…

(push GA off a cliff)

Very good experience.
If you think 6 months of training is a waste of time, Mount Everest took 3 years of training.
Trust me.
Once you reach the peak, tears of joy is not a problem.
:’)

the mountain weather is hard to predict one. since most of the time is raining.

@DM…push me also no use, got safety rope lar.

[quote=“Ransu”]Very good experience.
If you think 6 months of training is a waste of time, Mount Everest took 3 years of training.
Trust me.
Once you reach the peak, tears of joy is not a problem.
:’)[/quote]

YESH THIS I HAVE TO AGREE !!
6 months training is never a waste of time. without the 6 months, cannot reach the peak de.

once reach there, everyone is shouting lols.
I love the guide that time, i got his contact also, if u wan, Cool guy he is.

Going there is like a last round of muay thai. You want to win so bad, but knowing you must knock out you opponent to take title . Most of the people give up half way, it’s really disappointing. I suggest you jogging, swimming, practice hiking at Canada Hill or anything that can help you improve stamina and all. Don’t forget adidas kampung. haha :slight_smile:

Training is the key.
Also, while climbing, take small steps.
Wont wear you out so easily.
The weather is very hard to predict.
One minute its sunny and I was taking picture, next second I felt raindrop on my hand.
Put down my bag to eat my raincoat, minute later its sunny again.
‘’=.=

I’m very lucky to be able to sit at the peak for half an hour.
During that, the mist was so thick all of a sudden that visibility is only a few hundred metres.
Drizzling too!

yes, very good experience indeed. took me a year of regular jogging and trekking to be able to reach (almost reach the top). but a lot of time i was thinking to myself: why did i joined this trip?. thats the reality of how hard it was for me to go up there. maybe due to high altitude. hard to breath. walk slow2. then comes the rain. feels like a needle to my face. i wasnt wearing facemask. haha lol. on safety reason was instructed to descent. so sad. only got black n white certificate. while those who finished to top get coloured cert.

waahhhhh ransu, u still have half hour ar?

we around 15min+ then have to go back liao…

[quote=“gameaddict”]waahhhhh ransu, u still have half hour ar?

we around 15min+ then have to go back liao…[/quote]

Yup…
We’re the last one ma.
xD
I stay up there half an our while waiting for my mom and her friend to arrive…

[quote=“Ransu”]I went there earlier this year.
I’m only 16.
Heck of a experience!
All the best!
You might not be able to walk for a few days after the climb.Good luck!
Might be going again next year.[/quote]
I am planning a trip with my pals this December and climbing this mountain is one of our itineraries.
However, now I begin to have second thought after reading this line… :roll:

winwin, dun worry.

Not all will have that problem.
i only feel muscle pain for few days. Drumstick area and foot area, normally at joint area there.

u have to try, dun give up !!

Ransu is a lucky guy, to be able to go at age of 16 ^^

[quote=“gameaddict”]winwin, dun worry.

Not all will have that problem.
i only feel muscle pain for few days. Drumstick area and foot area, normally at joint area there.

u have to try, dun give up !!

Ransu is a lucky guy, to be able to go at age of 16 ^^[/quote]

Thanks =D
When I came down from the mountain, I cannot properly bend down.
Knee hurts xD
Gameaddict, after all the hike down, at the waterfall near timpohon gate need to climb stairs up kan?
You pissed?
hahaha

your “pissed” means the process where the water is coming out of the body parts?? :mrgreen: