Long-Distance Relationship?

A long-distance relationship is a relationship between people who are physically far apart. ::Welcome to share::

Seriously, unless I had the resources, I wouldn’t bother with it.

well ian, if you read the definition again, it says physically far apart. Don’t tell me your girlfriend is living just next door. C’mon, I would like to know more of you two :smiley: Unless you two already married then, you won’t see me around in Miri anymore :lol:

well ian, if you read the definition again, it says physically far apart. Don’t tell me your girlfriend is living just next door. C’mon, I would like to know more of you two :smiley: Unless you two already married then, you won’t see me around in Miri anymore :lol:[/quote]

U must know alot about Long distants relationship since probably your “GF” is actually an anime which is in some manga magazine and only also can be met online…

As for me, to some long distant relationship does work for some if there are actually fully submisive to each other but also you would know whether the relationship is actually Physical and not pure at heart.

well ian, if you read the definition again, it says physically far apart. Don’t tell me your girlfriend is living just next door. C’mon, I would like to know more of you two :smiley: Unless you two already married then, you won’t see me around in Miri anymore :lol:[/quote]

LOL… I am currently in a long distance relationship, started off not so long ago (about 2 months). Its hard not being physically close with each other. Maby we would meet each other…once a month. Anyone has successful long distance relationship stories or advice? :smiley:

Actually, you need to phrase the sentence in plural http://chinese.cari.com.my/myforum/images/smilies/shy.gif Singular is just not enough…

Didn’t know you are paying attention to my likings… even though we are so far apart, (I find that) you get to know me quite well now. Should you call this “pure at heart” too?http://chinese.cari.com.my/myforum/images/smilies/2.gif

Good Question there, since I am monitoring the forums most of the times to get to know each one through their virtual side, dun take it seriously, And no it is not pure at heart if you ask me that… :lol: :lol:

I did have a long distant relationship once before, and i advice you to prepare yourself in whatsoever happen’s in future…I hope you are happy anyway. Not all Long distant relationship would turn sour…

Nicodemuz3, it is possible.

You’ll need a lot of dexterity for it, plus a bit of cash and other resources for it. Usually happens when the relationship started out together but one or the other goes elsewhere distant.

As for starting a long distance relationship, well, that is not to be bothered with.

Imaginary drawn girlfriends don’t count as long distance relationships…

Yes…u r rite…it’s tough esp when u r nt physically close, I agreed wt tat as I myself goin thru it as well…I do envy those couples who cn meet each othr in person everyday bt then again, I o’west tellin myself, everythg happens hs a reason bhind it n definitely worthwhile as long as d relationship is based on love, sincerity & trust. :wink:

as long as d relationship is based on love, sincerity & trust.

Yes, that is correct. I myself have a long distance relationship but guess what? i’m engage with her… Actually i felt a bit closer to her eventhough i saw many couples around me everyday.

Personally, i don’t believe in long distance relationship. when i mean long, i mean when something happen, you could not meet each other easily. meaning, even miri-bintulu do not work. Brunei,err…depend on which part of brunei la…hehehe.

i seen so many bad result coming out from a long distance relationship. for those who had already married, that i could not comment much as most example i saw was still “bf-gf”…

Mine actully worked.

• Met SL @ bus stop @ Curtin Uni Perth
  • SL graduated 3 months later and moved back to KL to live @ home
  • I graduated 2 yrs later after SL and moved to KL (if you see her pics in my album you’ll understand)
  • we got married (because that was much easier & safer than climbing up and down the tree behind the house to get into her 1st floor bedroom window @ nite.)

Hi Buddies I am back! Anyone missing me? :slight_smile:

I am bored. Before I start, Happy New Year to all!!

I haven’t read most of the posts but I do know one thing for sure - long distance relationships are expensive and it costed me a fortune!

Not long after I met my gf (now wife), her dad was posted to Turkey, and so her family had to move. We were crazy over each other and she promised to write letters whenever she missed me. Darn, instead she rang everyday. The first 2 months was alright cos she did most of the callings. The 3th month, her dad banned her from making overseas call. Being the generous and chauvinist male that I was, I told her she can make reverse calls. That was my biggest mistake. Reverse call was charged at double the rate, and within a 2 months’ period, she raked up a bill of over $15k before my phone line was cut off. She had no idea what she had done as she had been calling from her dad’s office, and the Indon government had been footing the bills. A$15k in the early 90s was about M$45k. I was terrified, I kept thinking to myself, ‘what have I done to my young life! We had only gone out on few occassions, and had not even held hands or kissed’. Long story made short, that A$15k debt got me in trouble with the sheriffs and I was blacklisted for many years. Looking back, I would be the biggest dumb ass if the relationship didn’t work out.

Happy New Year!

wow…that was a very interesting story… iloveiban&miri… very interesting…

I once had a bf frm our neighbouring country. Met him at a company’s party. Since then, the relationship getting stronger each day. After a year of courting each other, he was posted to Qatar, really insists to bring me along but being a typical young lady, I rather stay. Emails and phone calls are the only ways to get connected to each other (lucky me being a lady) I don’t have to pay for all those charges. Hehehe… :wink:

After 12 mths being apart, I told him I don’t think the relationship is going to work. Though it was a very tough decision been made, I must proceed with my own life. Well, there it goes… :frowning:

A majority of long distance relationships don’t work.
I was in one and during the time we were apart, I resisted the tempation of another girl hitting on me. When the person I was involved with finally came back, she was knocked up and engaged to someone!
All the people I know who were involved in long distance relationships also called it quits sooner or later cause they get cheated on by the person who left town.
My advice would be to avoid long distance relationships at all costs. If they really cared for you, they wouldn’t want to be away from you for too long now would they?

Just my own rant. Ignore at your own descretion.

hola
long distance relationship doenst work.It happen to myself that i had spent almost 3 years having relationship wit this guy originated and staying in Sabah.We met in Labuan and it was all beautiful and i really tot it wil work out.in some year later, i continue my study in kuching and the last 2 years was long distance relationship.waste of time and money.last year, we saparated bcoz there were no trust, love( i guess), anymore.i dont know what he’s doing der.sumore, he’s a cute type of guy n surely girls chasing ovr him.it ends but its ok…there is more to life …rite!Hepi new year.

Wow, that’s the most interesting story i’ve heard this year so far. You’re right, a -$15K relationship that didn’t work out is just so not worth it… very unlike;

[quote=“carol”]
Emails and phone calls are the only ways to get connected to each other (lucky me being a lady) I don’t have to pay for all those charges. Hehehe… Wink
After 12 mths being apart, I told him I don’t think the relationship is going to work. Though it was a very tough decision been made, I must proceed with my own life. Well, there it goes… [/quote]

…this one. Can’t help but feel sorry for the guy who burnt a big hole in his pocket for nothing. :stuck_out_tongue:

I had a friend who had a long distance relationship once. It’s exactly these kinds of thoughts that ended her relationship. Because she starts thinking up and down whether he’d be seeing other girls or any sort of nonsense. This escalates because if the guy did something on his end, like did not reply her messages fast enough, or something, this would only arouse her suspicions further. In the end she resorted to bomoh / medium / astral-projectionist / whatever to ‘home-in’ on her boyfriend to know what he’s doing.

Naturally, these people provide her with nonsense answers ("he’s with another woman, maybe it’s a cousin, relative, mother, sister, blah blah blah) which just made my friend totally convinced that he’s in some form of relationship. Maybe he is, but we’ll never know will we? So she broke up with him, under pressure from her own wild speculations.

It’s not totally her fault though - that guy wasn’t very good at maintaining a good communication with her either.

Oh yeah,

ibi esura, welcome to the forums :stuck_out_tongue:

almost forgot…

Long term relationship?

Theres sweet and bitter in it.

The sweet thingy

1. you smile to yourself whenever you think of him/her
  2. you feel so good when he/she missing you so much
  3. she/he in your mind all the time
  4. You receive lots of cards, gifts etc etc…
  5. free air ticket from him ofcourse ( but girl dont pay yr BF air ticket)

The bitterness

1. Be prepared to see a thick layers of phone bill, mine is not that bad the highest was RM7k ( anyway he pay for it)
  2. Mood fluctuation due to - jealousy, insecure etc etc…
  3. Be prepared to make drastic decision who will follow who ( for marriage purpose) this includes who will leave his/her job and country

Long distance relationship will be a success if both parties understand the OBJECTIVE of the relationship and be responsible to work and achieve the objective TOGETHER.
Mine was a success! Thanks GOD and all the best for those having Long distance relationship now.