Long Bemang folk told to be alert of rising water

Dennis (left) and Long Bemang village committee member Laing Uyo, looks at the rising water level at Sungai Apoh.

Dennis (left) and Long Bemang village committee member Laing Uyo, looks at the rising water level at Sungai Apoh.

MIRI: Residents of Long Bemang are advised to be on the alert in view of the rising water at Sungai Apoh.

Telang Usan assemblyman, Dennis Ngau, who visited the area to look at the situation yesterday, said the water had been rising to a dangerously high level and might flood the low-lying areas.

“It has been raining continuously and we worry that the water level in the river will continue to rise.

“I would like to advise the residents to be extra cautious and be prepared for the flood,” he said.

He added as it had been raining non-stop for the last few days, the possibility of flood could not be avoided. The authorities concerned in the area had been on their toes and ready to spring into action when needed.

“I have informed the village chiefs and community leaders here to work closely with the district office. I was informed that they have worked out steps to be taken.

“Apart from the district office, the Welfare Department has also been informed and they are ready to deploy their personnel when required,” he said.

LikeTweet

Source: http://miri.my/2015/11/21/long-bemang-folk-told-to-be-alert-of-rising-water/