Locally assembled 3-Series here

http://star-motoring.com/news/story.asp?file=/2006/7/20/motornews/20060720101826&sec=motornews
BMW Malaysia Sdn Bhd has introduced its locally assembled version of the latest E90 BMW 3-Series, namely the 320i, 320iSE and 325i.

The sports sedans will be available from all authorised BMW dealerships from July 22.

The 320i will be attractively priced at RM232,800, the 320i SE at RM249,800 and the 325i at RM288,800.

The 320i and 320iSE will both have the 2.0-litre four-cylinder dual-Vanos, Valvetronic engines producing a maximum output of 150bhp.

The more powerful BMW 325i variant comes with a 2.5-litre six-cylinder double-Vanos, Valvetronic capable of 218bhp.

All three models are equipped with six-speed automatic transmissions with Steptronic feature for the seamless switching of gears.

The locally assembled 3-Series variants boast a high-level of standard equipment, among them dual-xenon headlamps, Dakota leather seats, automatic air conditioning, multifunction steering wheel, park distance control (PDC), foglights, and Radio BMW Professional.

In offering greater differentiation between the BMW 320i and 320iSE, the 320iSE comes with 17-inch alloy rims, interior wood trim, electric front seats, sunblinds for rear windows and windscreen, rain sensor, automatic lights, cruise control as well as HiFi Loudspeaker system.

BMW Malaysia managing director Wolfgang Schlimme said the company would continue to invest with its partner Sime Darby in the local assembly effort with an emphasis on quality and choice.

"Now our customers will have more options and greater availability with these variants. At the same time, we will also continue to import other BMW models so that the Malaysian customers continue to enjoy the full model line-up, Schlimme said.

He said the BMW 3-Series has been recognised as both the innovator and leader in its segment for over 30 years.

"The new 3-Series launched last year took its leadership role to the next level and this is underlined by the fact that it was recently awarded 2006 World Car of the Year at the New York International Auto Show, Schlimme said

not too sure hows the QC like for m’sian assembled BMWs

I do not think that will be a problem. Different is only the cost of manpower.

I do not think that will be a problem. Different is only the cost of manpower.[/quote]

Would probably mainly be fitting issues.

I do not think that will be a problem. Different is only the cost of manpower.[/quote]

Would probably mainly be fitting issues.[/quote]

ya, true fitting issues. Hope they remember to include a free 12" spanner under the driver seat too… right ian?

Would probably mainly be fitting issues.[/quote]

ya, true fitting issues. Hope they remember to include a free 12" spanner under the driver seat too… right ian?[/quote]

Fitting? I think most of it is done by machine or robot - no?? :roll: :roll:
human onli to a bit of tightening in interior… but guess BMW do not want to lose face and surely they will ensure top quality service la… 8) 8)

[quote=“smallee”]
human onli to a bit of tightening in interior… but guess BMW do not want to lose face and surely they will ensure top quality service la… 8) 8)[/quote]

Yes fitting, interior fitting. Even locally assembled Hondas and Toyotas have this problem never seen in Japan.

[quote=“ian”][quote=“smallee”]
human onli to a bit of tightening in interior… but guess BMW do not want to lose face and surely they will ensure top quality service la… 8) 8)[/quote]

Yes fitting, interior fitting. Even locally assembled Hondas and Toyotas have this problem never seen in Japan.[/quote]

ya…u r right. but now we r talking abt 200-300k …anyway, will see later. nice BMW… on the new design… :smiley: :smiley: