Loan payments deducted but not remitted

Thursday November 15, 2007

Loan payments deducted but not remitted

MALACCA: A former assistant executive of a state-owned agencys subsidiary is in a dilemma because loan payments deducted from his salary have not been remitted to the lending bank.

Bakri Mat, 48, said he was shocked to receive a letter from the banks lawyer asking him to attend court in June for the non-repayment of the loan.

I went to the bank and found that RM1,860 which was deducted from my salary between October 2006 and March this year was not received by the bank, he told a press conference organised by DAP secretary-general Lim Guan Eng yesterday.

Bakri, who was an employee of KNB Iklim Marin Sdn Bhd for the past 10 years, had taken a RM17,000 loan in June 2003.

Every month RM310 was deducted from my salary and credited into Bank Rakyat until I left the company in April this year, he said.

KNB Iklim Marin Sdn Bhd is majority-owned by Kumpulan Melaka Berhad, the investment arm of the state government.

I explained the situation to the banks lawyers who said that they would put the case on hold while they check with the company, said Bakri, who has four school-going children.

When contacted, KNB Iklim Marins former operations manager Baha Bahari admitted that the subsidiary was having problems.

Baha, who is presently the property manager in Kumpulan Melaka Berhad, advised Bakri to see KMB officials to resolve his problem

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.as … sec=nation