Liow: MCA to assist BN in coming polls

Liow: MCA to assist BN in coming polls

Date Posted : Saturday 23-Apr-2016

MIRI: MCA will assist the state Barisan Nasional (BN) and its component parties in the coming state election.

Its president, Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai said MCA teams are ready and will go to the ground to assist BN Sarawak in the coming state election.

“Apart from myself, MCA deputy president, Datuk Dr Wee Ka Siong and a special task force are ready to lend our hands to BN Sarawak in the coming state election. Apart from assisting, our team can also learn something useful from Sarawak in preparation for the 14th General Election,” he told reporters here yesterday.

He was optimistic that the state BN will receive a big mandate in the coming election under the leadership of Chief Minister Datuk Patinggi Tan Sri Haji Adenan Satem.

“Thus, I hope that Sarawakians will vote for BN and give Tan Sri Adenan a big mandate to lead the state for the next five years,” he said.

Commenting on the state government stand on banning NGOs and political party leaders from entering Sarawak, Liow said that it was Sarawak’s rights and the people need to respect the decision.

“Those who are banned from entering Sarawak, they need to reflect on themselves and of course there are reasons for the ban,” he said.

Liow believed that the state government has its own reason to ban negative elements from entering the state to ensure that peace, unity and racial harmony in the state are intact.

Please enable JavaScript to view the comments powered by Disqus.

comments powered by

LikeTweet

Source: http://miri.my/2016/04/23/liow-mca-to-assist-bn-in-coming-polls/