Lenovo or Acer

I’d consider myself a moderate user. General office programs (word and powerpoint for classwork), internet browsing w/HD video streaming, netflix streaming, some photo editing, music, etc. I 've compared 2 laptop model each from Lenovo model V470 and Acer New Aspire TimlelineX 4830TG-2414G75. Both are met my expectations, anyway i need 2nd or 3rd opinion before i purchase one of the laptop. Hope this will help me more. Kindly share your experience and knowledge with me. Thanks

Lenovo V470 RM2599.
2nd generation Intel Core i7-2630QM with Intel Hyper- Threading Technology(2.00ghz up to 2.90ghz, 6mb L3 cache)
Genuine windows 7 home premium (64-bit)
4gb ddr3 sdram
750gb SATA HDD (5400rpm)
intel HD graphics with 3000 with built in visuals
1 year carry-in warranty

Can i ask why is it so cheap ? only rm 2599 and its i7?
and by the way, can anyone here recommends a laptop for me? I’m getting into UNI next month and i need it to do assignments, presentations, web surfing and etc… my budget is 2.5k to 2.7k

Shiketsu, i dont really know why is it so cheap for lenovo. anyway the graphic is using Intel HD Graphics 3000 with built in visuals comapared to acer using nvidia GEforce. Well Lenovo still ahead due to i7…some other security features.

but if you really look into Acer new timelineX features,.also attracted with thin and stylish design (2.17kg only) battery can last up to 9 hours (depend on how we use it also la) and of course the graphic.

How about Dell or Asus?

i’m considering asus, lenovo or toshiba…

Frankly speaking the top brand for notebook will be Fujitsu and Toshiba, but there ain’t come cheap though.

based on world ranking and consumer survey…fujitsu will be the worst one…toshiba ok still can consider…
if you look for asus now they have jay chou limited edition …quite stylish

Since when Fujitsu ranking drop so far away. Mind share with me the link. Thanks. Anywhere still happy with my Macbook Pro!

melbk - here is the link http://smidgenpc.com/2010/04/23/the-bes … ve-review/

yeah actually for quality the top ones are asus, toshiba, apple and sony. fujitsu USED to be good but not anymore. acer as improved a lot but still not one of the best

the specs of the lenovo should be good enough. if between the two models i’d go for lenovo, but i highly prefer asus/toshiba

compare to Acer the lenovo V470 using 2nd generation Intel Core i7-2630QM with Intel Hyper- Threading Technology(2.00ghz up to 2.90ghz, 6mb L3 cache). Look at the processor for lenovo it is only 2.00ghz and for ACER 2.3ghz with turbo boost

the acer’s processor is: 2nd Generation i5-2410M processor (3 MB L3 cache, 2.30GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.90GHz, DDR3 1066 MHz, 35 W), supporting Intel 64 architecture, Intel Smart Cache

6mb vs 3mb L3 cache difference should be more significant compared to 2.0ghz vs 2.3ghz.

thanks for the info…i didn’t capture that…anyway good suggestion

For me although Acer has improved a lot(from what I heard from my friends),
I still cannot find myself to choose Acer due to past impression and experience
on Acer…

To me top brands I will get for laptop:-

1. Asus
  2. Sony
  3. Dell
  4. HP

Now, where is stratos when we need him? and by the where, where is his shop located? i think i gonna go and have a look there.

1. From Pujut Corner roundabout you turn into by-pass heading towards airport.
  2. Just after the small corner you will see a furniture dealer on your left.
  3. On your right there will be a car dealer(don’t know what’s the name), Stratos Enterprise is there.(You can see the signboard there)

[quote=“TopEarner”]1. From Pujut Corner roundabout you turn into by-pass heading towards airport.
2. Just after the small corner you will see a furniture dealer on your left.
3. On your right there will be a car dealer(don’t know what’s the name), Stratos Enterprise is there.(You can see the signboard there)[/quote]

Thanks! :smiley:

Asus N45SF seems great with Core i5 2410m and Nvidia GeForce GT555M 2GB DDR3 128-bit

http://www.techhypermart.com/notebooks/ … ebook.html

Apple mac book pro