LAB TECHNICIAN (CIVIL ENGINEERING)
We are seeking to appoint a Lab Technician to join the Faculty of Engineering and Science.
This position is established to supervise and ensures that the day to day operation of the laboratory is running efficiently and effectively. The incumbent is also responsible to ensure that the laboratory operates according to departmental and national guidelines with respect to safety and pedagogy.
Safety and Health
• Conduct risk assessment and safety inspection to ensure safe working environment to all laboratory staff and stakeholder.
• Ensure all laboratory staff and stakeholder comply with Safety, Health and Environmental Management requirements.
Operation and Resources
• Provide and coordinate (where appropriate) technical support services for stakeholders on day to day operation.
• Ensures optimum performance of laboratory equipment and spaces under supervision
• Operate and maintain stock control of equipment, undertake annual stock-take and ensure stock inventory is kept up to date.
• Ensure laboratory supplies are sufficient to meet laboratory requirement through prompt requisition.
Design and Development
• Improve existing/design new experiments and equipment needed as required.
- Minimum, a Diploma in Civil/Construction Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Fresh graduates in Bachelor of Civil/Construction Engineering are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrates knowledge in the use of Technology; Microsoft Office products, databases, spreadsheets and presentation software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organise and manage competing priorities to meet deadlines, possess good interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to pay attention to details.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and manage competing priorities to meet deadlines, possess good interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to pay attention to details.
- Demonstrated good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Experience in Geotechnical related testing such as Triaxial Testing is preferable.