Kelantan’s gender segregation rules affect non-Muslim

I don’t understand this kind of ruling. Downright stupid.

[size=150]Kelantans gender segregation rules affect non-Muslim businesses
[/size]

KOTA BARU: Hair dressing salon operators are learning the hard way that gender segregation rules in Kelantan apply to non-Muslims as well.

They have had to pay many summonses for allowing their female workers to cut the hair of non-Muslim male patrons, which they thought was permissible.

E-Life Hair Salon manager Ong Lee Ting said she had settled 11 summonses since she opened for business in KB Mall in 2010.

The fines were imposed under Section 107(2) of the Local Council Act by-laws which prohibits a woman from cutting the hair of a man and vice versa regardless of religion.

I have been paying fines of between RM200 and RM350, said Ong, who was issued the latest summons on Tuesday.

I find the by-laws confusing … they should not apply to a non-Muslim woman cutting the hair of a non-Muslim man.

Gender segregation is among the controversial regulations imposed by the PAS state government, which insists that the rule be also observed at supermarket check-outs.

The last time Ong went to the local council office to pay a compound, she was told that the licence for the salon would be revoked because of the many summonses issued to the operator.

However, council secretary Mohd Anis Hussein said: As long as they (the salon owners) pay the compounds, they will be allowed to operate.

He added that the salon owners understood the by-laws and the consequences of ignoring them.

Nice Hair Salon manager Alice Ong Lee Ruong was baffled by the rule.

I would understand it if we were fined for allowing our women workers to cut the hair of Muslim men. But they were attending to non-Muslim men, she said.

Ong, who had settled 10 summonses so far, wondered for how long she would have to pay fines.

They are not cheap and we have to consider the high rental, salaries of our workers and other expenses, she said.

Another salon manager, who declined to be named, said the council by-laws were making life difficult for hair dressers.

She had been issued four summonses so far.

Kelantan MCA information chief Tan Ken Ten said the by-laws were not friendly to non-Muslim business circles.

The council, in its zest to implement Islamic principles in its by-laws, has caused hardship to the non-Muslim business community, he added.

National PAS Supporters Congress chairman Hu Pang Chaw agreed that the by-laws should not apply to non-Muslim women cutting the hair of non-Muslim men.

He urged the council to review the ruling.

This kind of things almost always affect non-Muslims, Brunei, Malaysia or elsewhere. That’s why whenever it is raised people got spooked. The argument that “it has nothing to do with non-Muslims” simply fails to convince others.

Incidentally, people are less scared about U.S. Common law, British Common law or French Civil law, the world adopts them in fact. Syariah really has a lot more to learn in its ways of implementation.

hahaha…yeah~i had experience this first hand when i was in university.

coming back from playing football, wearing shorts (of course), passing through the admin building, suddenly got yelled by some ustaz telling us to cover our “aurat”.

and we were like, “???”

I praise their effectiveness and efficiency on law enforcement for Muslims Laws. :lol:

Next thing you hear is that women waitresses are not allow to serve men as well… :mrgreen:

i find it utterly stupid …

Watch out, women! Soon you all will end up with electronic tracking system too!

RIYADH Denied the right to travel without consent from their male guardians and banned from driving, women in Saudi Arabia are now monitored by an electronic system that tracks any cross-border movements.

Since last week, Saudi womens male guardians began receiving text messages on their phones informing them when women under their custody leave the country, even if they are travelling together.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/22/s … for-women/

Be careful, while most are moderates there are quite a number of radicals here too, they will begin to see you as “enemy of the religion”, they will want censorship of your posts, they will throw insults at you and of course, eventually to declare holy war on you. Am I exaggerating? First hand experience :wink:

Be honest. I would like a war before death. :slight_smile:

woof no need to speculate mevotex…

i do agree on the last sentence

National PAS Supporters Congress chairman Hu Pang Chaw agreed that the by-laws should not apply to non-Muslim women cutting the hair of non-Muslim men.

He urged the council to review the ruling.

they should review this. there is more then just law in practising whatever our believe is.

Sounds good, the trainer at the pet center has done a good job.

Religion supposed to be good. But it is sad case if being abused by a bunch of selfish and foolish people.

The only part I don’t like about them is to treat woman like item or own pet. May be future we can trade woman you know.

good dog right… now sit!

Eww, did I even talk to the creature? Why keep trying to get my attention?

Radical fundamentalist who publicly threaten verbal attacks on all Americans on streets is as sick as a diseased dog, exposing an ever-increasing hate mentality. Just a matter of time before it escalates into terror attack.

There are many in the forum that worth my attention but a hate-filled terrorist wannabe certainly doesn’t. Yawn~

Next.

[quote=“adamtang”]Religion supposed to be good. But it is sad case if being abused by a bunch of selfish and foolish people.

The only part I don’t like about them is to treat woman like item or own pet. May be future we can trade woman you know.[/quote]

Women’s best weapon is their high-pitch voice and nag. Men would be utterly defeated by those, see http://www.business-standard.com/genera … ife/82289/ :mrgreen:

[quote=“mevotex”]Eww, did I even talk to the creature? Why keep trying to get my attention?

Radical fundamentalist who publicly threaten verbal attacks on all Americans on streets is as sick as a diseased dog, exposing an ever-increasing hate mentality. Just a matter of time before it escalates into terror attack.

There are many in the forum that worth my attention but a hate-filled terrorist wannabe certainly doesn’t. Yawn~

Next.

[quote=“adamtang”]Religion supposed to be good. But it is sad case if being abused by a bunch of selfish and foolish people.

The only part I don’t like about them is to treat woman like item or own pet. May be future we can trade woman you know.[/quote]

Women’s best weapon is their high-pitch voice and nag. Men would be utterly defeated by those, see http://www.business-standard.com/genera … ife/82289/ :mrgreen:[/quote]

Agreed with you.

by the way,

That man is good, at least he don’t hit, slap, slash, and beat his wife.

Goodness… No offence, but such religion laws are utterly ridiculous. Next thing you know, there will have shopping malls for men, shopping malls for women, roads used for women only, roads used for men only and more of these gender separation. I wonder how they even get married or meet a wife when they can’t even get close to a women. Goodness!

Funny why only Kelantan has this kind of ruling.

Imagine if Hadi becomes Prime Minister? Every state applies? Anwar evensaid Hadi can go ahead to be PM at the PAS muktamar.

DAP disagreed with it.
Since these 3 parties in PR cannot work together, I cannot see them holding power in the future.

So as Mahathir said, “better the devil we know, than the angel we don’t know.” lol

Yesterday saw CNN’s breaking news the new Egypt President gave himself new power, which ended up now the people are on protests again.

“Egyptian President Mohamed Morsy has issued an order preventing any court from overturning his decisions, essentially allowing him to run the country unchecked until a new constitution”
-CNN

Islamic rules applies to non-muslims are ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!

-Edited-