Kancil Suspension?

I am planning to buy new full set of absorber for kancil…the back absorber i thin kong…4 people seat sure my 14 rim him hit the wheel arch…some ppl ask to ketuk2 it…

soft, hard and comfy is very subjective to ppl…but anyone has changed their OEM absorber to aftermarket?? i know Monroe is bad…im thinking of getting GAB fully adjustable but ppl say APM and HWL is cheaper and has the same results…

so anyone?

1. HWL
  2. GAB
  3. APM
  4. IMPROVE
  5. Kayaba New SR

using adjstable GAB…kinda hard n bumpy if wana go 4 a nice relax ride… if corner,going fast, fuh … sweet!!! go 4 hi low - soft hard absorbers…hehehehe…

u mean fully adjustable? HI/LO SOFT/HARD??Spring??

mine’s is adjustable, bt i cannot adjust d damping rate… d stiffnest of d absorber…only d height, jack high high,like those lepeh plate cars,ehem…hahaha or low riders…spring it cmes 2gether la… try goin 2 kereta mewah,tint shop, over there sell GAB…can try ask them.

I;m not really sure for other brand…but if you going to take APM for cheaper price dont hope for any difference with manufacturer set.
Better go for other brand and i was recommended to use KYB brand last time and said to be more soft for absorbtion…but 1 pc of front price for KYB is equal to 2 pcs of APM…

i buy absorber belakang GAS TYPE APM(OEM Replacement) RM45 per pieces…my absorber really kong coz no compression back when i tested it…but i will upgrade to better ones later…GAB or HWL or IMPROVE?? Kereta mewah got catalog but they hardly layan if ur car kancil :roll:

1 of my buddy install GAB semi-adjustable at KM last Sunday… he’s satisfied with the ride handling. kipas2 ur money in front of their face, then they layan u… hehehe…

kipas kipas money??? hrmmmmm, dey tot ppl got no money izit??? tot each customer sud b treated fairly… :frowning: :frowning:

haha…same goes with me last time. People dont bother about me when I asked them for absorber for my kancil.

Like this have to kipas money whenever going to accesories shop…the people will say berlagak setakat pakai kancil…so susah a this world

i kasi tabur2 the money on the floor and ask them to kneel down…hahahaha…that’s the thing with accessories shop…hey think kancil owner got no money to spent…so KM is out of my list…some ppl say GAB is not original and locally produced in KEPONG…my choices are

APM
IMPROVE
HOTBITS
HWL
TEIN
TITAN

Semi adjustable means front only can adjustable…and back is fixed la…TITAN is expensive but very good ppl say

btw…maybe what i’m gonna ask off the topic. I’m planning to get 14" rim set for mine do I have to replace the existing absorber&lowered spring???
Mine still using OEM front absorber.

rear absorber normally kong faster than front…when i pasang my nut lug in KIM LEONG, they say must ketuk wheel arch if not kena tayar…tht time im using 155/55/R14 tyre…until lately my rear absorber kong…only then it kena wheel arch…

people say IMPROVE PROSPEX lower absorber+lowered spring is good and didnt kena wheel arch…but again i dun have experience…front absorber can using L2/L5 absorber from kedai potong but make sure it didnt leaked…

Mira wannabe say KAYABA NEW SR + ESPELIR is the best absorber for kancil…but u cant get brand new as it’s from japan.

can anyone help me?
i plan 2 buy new full set of absober for my still-a-virgin kancil(accessories all ori).
so can anyone tell me what is the best absober & its price?(im lookin for the comfortable one…).
TQ.

1st of all i would suggest u go for improve springs and absorber, gives u the best ride and a nice lowered stance. as for adjustables usually they are hard especially APM or GAB.
i disagree with your comments on tintshop/keretamewah. as ive been there a few times and i only drive a kenari , so does my cousin, and we get treated like any other customer providing us with a full detailed information on the adjustables that they sell which is GAB. furthermore they even explain how long if the item needs to be ordered and how long will it take to install and such.

Monkey say No need to change suspension or Rim lah. Save your money and change your engin to L500 or L200 also ok. Original halfcut sometimes come with sport suspension if you are lucky. :roll:

[quote=“ChiChak”]1st of all i would suggest u go for improve springs and absorber, gives u the best ride and a nice lowered stance. as for adjustables usually they are hard especially APM or GAB.
i disagree with your comments on tintshop/keretamewah. as ive been there a few times and i only drive a kenari , so does my cousin, and we get treated like any other customer providing us with a full detailed information on the adjustables that they sell which is GAB. furthermore they even explain how long if the item needs to be ordered and how long will it take to install and such.[/quote]

Okay.so what would the price be then(including service charge)??i want to lower the car yet have great & smooth ride… since im a starter in this area,hope u all can kongsi2 ilmu wit me la k…adios crampos…

lalapolala…
kancil with smooth ride when lowered??? hardly you can get it…i’m one of those low rider too

kancil so small u want to lower still ah??if no money go diy suspension lowering lah.go ikea get can oneee!!!like 50ringgit.

i think APM is the better 1…1 of my friend also using APM he said that was a nice and comfortable… 8) 8) 8) 8)

[quote=“chilskater”]I am planning to buy new full set of absorber for kancil…the back absorber i thin kong…4 people seat sure my 14 rim him hit the wheel arch…some ppl ask to ketuk2 it…

soft, hard and comfy is very subjective to ppl…but anyone has changed their OEM absorber to aftermarket?? i know Monroe is bad…im thinking of getting GAB fully adjustable but ppl say APM and HWL is cheaper and has the same results…

so anyone?

1. HWL
  2. GAB
  3. APM
  4. IMPROVE
  5. Kayaba New SR[/quote]

A piece of advise, your decision is bound by price and “wants vs needs”, there is plenty of configuration, brand & type. Just choose wisely on people’s review and experience with similar situation as you have now. Some will opt for coil change only, some semi-adjustable and some full she-bangs adjustable. Consider your usage as well. No point to have a fully loaded suspension where you paid 4 month salary & marriage fund for just to drive up and down from office to home.