Just to share.,.NEVER LIGHT A CANDLE IN AN A/C ROOM

[b]Prevention is Better than cure…

NEVER LIGHT A CANDLE IN AN A/C ROOM

A friend in our group passed away last week due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

It happened when she lighted an aroma therapeutic candle for the night in room with air-conditioner ON.

Due to lack of oxygen in the room, the burning of the candle cannot fully oxidise & thus forms dangerous carbon monoxide.

Carbon monoxide will prevent oxygen exchange in the lungs, resulting in the person dozing off to a state of unconsciousness & eventually death in less than an hour, depending on the room size.

I am sending this e-mail out to you so that you will be aware of such danger when lighting aroma therapeutic candles in any unventilated room.

Please forward this e-mail to all your loved ones.

fOWARD BY: Phuah Kee.[/b]

hmm. not sure if this is true but it make sense since air-cond intake of fresh air is not very high.

me 2,.,…,but this is just an info to share foward by my buddies.,…,.,.,

prince_06: did this happened to ur fren or did u get it from some chain mails?

True. Carbon monoxide is deadly when it reaches about 5%. It’s not very wise to light a candle in air conditioned room and then sleeping in it anyway.

Yeah that’s bad :frowning:

Anyway lemme introduce u “Lampe burger”, I believe everyone should know abt it.

Lampe Berger is a line of small, decorative home accessories used to purify and fragrance the air in your home. The Lampe Berger company was originally founded in 1898 by the creator, Maurice Berger, a French Pharmacist.

The Lampe Berger is basically a small glass bottle, that has a warmer unit which warms and diffuses fragranced oils into your room which are supposed to destroy odors and eliminate 68% of airborne bacteria and then disperse fragrance into the air.

for more check link
http://www.dchl.com.my/English%20Version/mainpage.asp

less oxygen in aircon room har?..ermmmm, maybe that is y most ppl sleep easier in aircon room… :lol:

Hey Ra, free advertisement ahh??? lolz…

lampe berger? plenty of bad repo AFAIK. skim cepat kaya?

Errmm… not really free advertisements just free introducing and not a skim cepat kaya :stuck_out_tongue:

If needed more info, I could bring u to the centre in Miri.

Reminder that topic has drifted.

wonder if smoking in a car with the window up has the same effect…hmm

Only if the oxygen dips below a certain level, making for improper burning, creating carbon monoxide, which when increasing to about 4-5% will put you to sleep and then kill. In this case the cigerette light is probably not enough on the few sticks or so, but the risk is still high and there if you regularly do it.

Aside from burning the car’s interior and setting the car alight, of course.

some friend’s foward to me,.,
iether it,s true or not…we better get think of it’s,.,.,.,

Pls click on this link regarding this issue -> http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/accandle.html

Like adrian johari has pointed out, it’s true given a specific set of conditions. Given that if a room is small enough, say about 10x10 ft, which isn’t unusual, and there are more candles being lit (like in a romantic evening or something out of a movie) the risks increase. And like I’ve pointed out too, it’s never a good idea to sleep with lit candles or anything with a fire.