Sarawak is still free from the novel coronavirus at present, says the State Disaster Management Committee. – File photo.
KUCHING: Thirty-four out of 42 Patients Under Investigation (PUI) cases recorded as of yesterday in Sarawak have tested negative for the Wuhan Coronavirus, said the State Disaster Management Committee (JPBN).
It said in a statement today that out of the 42 cases, eight cases are still under investigation.
“Sarawak is still free of the novel coronavirus disease at present,” it said.
JPBN also said 18 visitors have been denied entry into Sarawak between February 2 and 4 as the Sarawak government continues to strengthen and enforce its management against the spread of the Wuhan Coronavirus in the state.
It said out of the figure, 17 were from China while one was from Indonesia.
“They had arrived at the Kuching International Airport and Miri, Bintulu, and Mulu Airports from Kuala Lumpur and Kota Kinabalu.
“They were denied entry as they had been in/out of China within the last 14 days.”
JPBN reiterated that all foreigners of all nationalities particularly tourists who have been to China in the last 14 days will be refused entry to Sarawak.
“All Malaysians (non-resident of Sarawak) who have visited China within the last 14 days are strongly advised not to visit Sarawak until they have fully completed their 14 days home quarantine and are certified free from the sickness.”
It added that all Sarawakians and Sarawakian PR, Work/Visa holders who have been to China in the last 14 days will be allowed entry but must undergo compulsory home quarantine for 14 days.
“They will be subjected to random monitoring by the relevant authorities.”
The post JPBN: Sarawak still free from Wuhan coronavirus appeared first on Borneo Post Online.