Jaring Subscription

Just wondering, whether Miri got jaring or not? My friend subscribe for a 1MB package at Rm66…but he’s in KK la…
anyone knows whether got & where can subscribe :?:

8 years we subcribed to Jaring , but that was 8 YEARS ago …

ezuan, so now also still with jaring ka? or switch to streamyx?
my friend said jaring line ok…no slow connection…well since i think jaring subcribers not much i guess, that’s y fast…?

Jaring? whoa, i have not heard of that service provider for a long while. i was using their dial-up service before. if not wrong, they do have dealers aka JSO (Jaring Service Outlet) in Miri. i am not sure Computlink at Boulevard is still their dealer or not.

I have been hoping Jaring would provide broadband service but for the longest time I have not heard of such news. Sad because I would really love to see an alternative provider.

I just did a check and unfortunately Jaring is not available in my area, not even sure if they even have broadband service in Miri.

http://www.jaring.my/service/broadband/ … ite_wired#

[quote=“livanov27”]ezuan, so now also still with jaring ka? or switch to streamyx?
my friend said jaring line ok…no slow connection…well since i think jaring subcribers not much i guess, that’s y fast…?[/quote]
no no

that was 8 years ago … ive subscribed it for the first time 8 years ago and at the same said years , ive disconnected it … that time, it was dial-up, and i have to pay according to hours … 1 hour = 1.88 something like that …
u can subcribe to Jaring , i think its great but u have to know, weter its Jaring, Celcom , Digi or whatever ISPs there are right now, they all go through to the same place , telekom i guess, thats what i heard … just like nowdays, lots of internet user, Malaysian internet user to be precise, complaining about slow internet video streaming and very high latency. I have 1mbps and the results always constantly 1.10 or bit less but lots more on the download speed, but the latency is very high … so not much of a different ay ? high speed + high latency = sucks … LOL
first i thought it was just me, but my friends that use Celcom also having the same problem , i think Jaring also suffers from it , evertime something messed up at telekom or they upgrading their server.

So I dont really think as less subscribers for Jaring is gonna make it faster.

sfjong, Computlink?..ok will try to ask tem got or not…thanks…

whatman, my friend in KK is using Jaring Broadband…tats y am asking if we have coverage here in Miri…

ezuan88, so…bottom line means…miri don’t have la…wat to do…

Miri only have Streamyx as cabled broadband… :slight_smile:

However, when I did speedtest.net at curtin uni. It shows the ISP is jaring… at blazing 17.XXMBps… LoL… but you cant surf well using campus computers with all the filters… LoL

Jaring wow… i used that dunno how many years ago… LoL 56k modem… ah the “good” old times… :slight_smile:

still remember the 199+ years jaring dial up