Is this for real? No harm trying

PIN NUMBER REVERSAL (GOOD TO KNOW)

If you should ever be forced by a robber to withdraw money from an ATM
machine, you can notify the police by entering your Pin # in reverse.
For example if your pin number is 1234 then you would put in 4321.
The ATM recognizes that your pin number is backwards from the ATM card you placed in the machine. The machine will still give you the money you requested, but unknown to The robber, the police will be immediately dispatched to help you. This information was recently broadcasted on TV and it states that it is seldom used because people don’t know it exists.
Please pass this along to everyone
possible.

When issuing the ATM cards, the bank should be the one informing us about this feature.

there you go again…

it’s NOT TRUE

http://www.snopes.com/business/bank/pinalert.asp

kim, perhaps you can try and prove me wrong. make sure you do it 3 times ok?

Stupidhead… thank you for ur clarify. pls read my topic. is a question and is not a statement… thank you.

“No harm trying…” is a statement

Stupid idea…Bank will not gonna do it.

Better place one or two healthy and lively armed guard 27/7 at ATM centers

or install CCTV around.

27/7?

nah…it definatly doesnt work. pressed my pin terbalik a few times - coz i hv a few bank accounts with diff PINs. Always forget which pin is which :stuck_out_tongue:

stupidhead, you dont hv to put her down so badly. Just give the link and say its not true enough la. We are all here to learn. The little people (like us) might not be as informed or educated as the big people (like you). No matter how clever/smart/knowledgeable you are, there is always someone better than you, dont forget that.

[quote=“coconutice”]27/7?

No matter how clever/smart/knowledgeable you are, there is always someone better than you, dont forget that.[/quote]

thank you for your reminder. i know how smart i’m not. if in doubt, see my nick.

this is not about smart/clever/knowledgeable. this is about thinking critically about what other people tells us. esp if we got one of those “please share with everyone you know” kind of emails. or “make easy money” kind of tales.

it’s also about not being lazy. when we hear something new, google it. learn to differentiate betwee what’s good info and what is bs on the net. before sending it out as something “worth sharing”.

what purpose does it serve to spread urband legends and myths?

sorry if you find this old stupidhead boring and nasty. i’ve seen worse since i started roaming the internet when some of you were still in diapers… :twisted:

“No harm trying…” is a statement

.[/quote]

is this for real? is a question bro…

[quote=“stupidhead”][quote=“coconutice”]27/7?

No matter how clever/smart/knowledgeable you are, there is always someone better than you, dont forget that.[/quote]

thank you for your reminder. i know how smart i’m not. if in doubt, see my nick.

this is not about smart/clever/knowledgeable. this is about thinking critically about what other people tells us. esp if we got one of those “please share with everyone you know” kind of emails. or “make easy money” kind of tales.

it’s also about not being lazy. when we hear something new, google it. learn to differentiate betwee what’s good info and what is bs on the net. before sending it out as something “worth sharing”.

what purpose does it serve to spread urband legends and myths?

sorry if you find this old stupidhead boring and nasty. i’ve seen worse since i started roaming the internet when some of you were still in diapers… :twisted:
.[/quote]

ur intentions are good - to inform others of misinformation. But presentation (the way you do it) is demeaning.

look like a quarrel feng shui star here…need to activate somethings here to cure it.

[quote=“coconutice”]
…ur intentions are good - to inform others of misinformation. But presentation (the way you do it) is demeaning.[/quote]

i agree w coconuts’s statement,
& as we can all read,
stupidhead you ain’t!
so leaves a rather sad taste when these spats get out of hand.

(was that i got wee bit excited reading kim’s previous
‘‘robbery sketch in ladies loo’’…
thinking it was a full-proof early retirement/new career plan! :lol: )

most ppl can make-up their own minds on the validity of threads,
& is nice to read the ‘old scams’ for us novices of www!

woo… is this considered getting out of hand already…? ok. ok. i think i better back off less we have another may13 on our hand…
malaysians are sensitive bunch. i’ll try to remember. :wink:

the intention of the author of this thread, is helpful in dealing with the issue. Assuming arguendo that she just engages herself in a business of spreading untruthful info. it would be incumbent upon us to unheed to it. on the otherhand, if it is her intention to let the people aware of the protection or security offered by the ATM machine it would be nice, she may be wrong about the info, but with noble intention and it should be appreciated and also it’s imperative upon some people to correct or guide her to the right or verified info. for sure she will be appreciative for the effort done. there are several ways to kill a cat and it is at the option of the doer.

merely my opinion

wah… ireally dunno tat my thread will cause so much arguement here. i am sorry . thanks for your all support, but stupidhead has no bad intention. he is just providing extra infomation on the thread.

is ur fault kimgo~ :slight_smile:

hahahah sorry !!! i dun wan to be like this one!!!

Biasalah KimGo, this is just MiriCom anyway…