Is now good time to buy house?

(tmt) #21

heard that one too. if not, the banker officer itself buy the house to make huge profit

(J.Howard) #22

bankruptcy…

susah mau cakap tis one…not surelah.

(Vixious™) #23

Auctioned Properties are usually below marketprice. However, there are few downside to it. You would need to do lots of homework to get to know the history of the house. Pay a visit to the site and normally the obvious case is you won’t get the chance to access the house to look at the condition. Some might still have tenant living in the house. This is the property you should avoid. To buy auctioned properties, you’ll need to bid against other bidders and bid below marketprice to secure the house so that you’ll have margin to do renovation and sell the house at a slight below marketprice and make some profit out of it.

Thus, having said the above, as pointed out by our Mr. Handsome Guy, it is somehow ‘controlled’ by certain group of people here in Sarawak. These people would have strong link with auctioneers, lawyers and bankers. Good luck for those who are interested.

(Vixious™) #24

[quote=“kaito”]When vixious mention about RPGT (Real Property Gain Tax), I totally have no ideas of what it is. I look for it on the net and found out it was tax impose (5%) to either company or individual which selling properties starting from 1st Jan 2010. So I’m thinking that those who want to sale house … probably now is a good time and it’s also for potential buyer too (like me and others who are looking for house). :slight_smile:

about RPGT = http://www.realestateagent.com.my/RPGT.htm[/quote]

In addition to this, RPGT does not apply to the first property you sell.

(rabbit75) #25

bank loan office have alot of lelong house kantau. they are ppl tender the lelonged house at much lower price with the help of the loan officer. same goes to cars

(J.Howard) #26

well, just drop the background stuff…all he/she needs to know is the how part.
the rest just our rezeki & luck.

(ranny) #27

anyone know the four houses opposite Esplanade approx 1 million each?

good buy or not?

(HLChin) #28

Earlier buy the better, just choose area which is not “BLACK LIST AREA”, so far i think Miri do not have such area, in Klang for example Taman Sentosa Klang houses are hard to sell and the value just remain stagnant just like when it’s complete, the reason is too many gangsters and a lot of them will smash your car windows or house windows if you do not pay protection money but so far gangsterism have quiet down and the value of the houses remain low.

My friend bought a house next to Taman Sentosa and 2 years till now cannot sell out the house.

(J.Howard) #29

[quote=“ranny”]anyone know the four houses opposite Esplanade approx 1 million each?

good buy or not?[/quote]

its good if can afford it.

(k-ray) #30

[quote=“J.Howard”][quote=“ranny”]anyone know the four houses opposite Esplanade approx 1 million each?

good buy or not?[/quote]

its good if can afford it.[/quote]

(ranny) #31

[quote=“J.Howard”][quote=“ranny”]anyone know the four houses opposite Esplanade approx 1 million each?

good buy or not?[/quote]

its good if can afford it.[/quote]

good thinking there :?

(desmond2) #32

[quote=“J.Howard”][quote=“kaito”]Hi, to all Mirian, want to seek opinion and info about the above topic, especially for first time buyer and lower income people, this info is really usefull. The consideration includes under construction house, new completed and occupy but owner willing to sale. For those who just bought new house can share what are the costs involved, S & P, lawyer fee, valuer fee, etc.

For start, the current info of house for sale is Taman Permai (RPR) with price RM125,999.00 for intermediate and Vista Perdana (SPNB) at RM153,000.00 also intermediate.

Thank you all. :)[/quote]

[quote=“dash”]its actually like that lor. bear in mind that buying a house is not like buying some toys. u have to have commitment to pay for the loans and save for everything that is to be used for the house, for e.g. furniture n fittings, lights, curtains, tiles and etc and etc. But ur not alone, most of ppl is doing the same thing, if others can do it, why not u?

For me, i think there is no good time or bad time buying a house. the question is are u ready to buy it and commit to pay the loans on monthly basis for couple of decades plus give up all the savings including EPF for the house u buy.

btw, this does not apply to the HIGH ‘income’ earner or ppl who have ‘SUPPORT’ from their parents. what im pointing here is the middle class and the low class earner, especially for those who are at the end of ‘PAK THO’ n getting to start a small family.

I started to pay my family housing loan at teenagers age after middle school. and that time, my family house only cost RM60k+. last year i bought a new house costing around RM300k, n this year the price has increased to RM330k.

Hope my opinion can help u decide whether now is a good time to buy house or not. And if ur buying for investment, do remember that from next year 2010 onwards, the Gov will impose 5% tax gain on the property u sold[/quote]

what ever Dash said. he pretty much sums it all.

but be advise, dont think about the commitment. but think of your comfort when owning a house.
i rented 3 houses for the last 4 years with my colleagues. at some degree, it suck.
p/s: its a good time to select new curtain too…

told my junior…but degil one.[/quote]

FULLY FURNISHED INTERMEDIATE DOUBLE-STOREY TERRACE HOUSE FOR SALE OR RENT

Property Details:-
Type : 2 Storey intemediate Double-storey terrace
State : Sarawak
City : Miri
Price : RM 320,000 Negotiable
Installment per mth: RM1,680/-
Full Loan Term: 14 yrs
Paid loan so far: 10 yrs & 2 months = RM204,960
Loan: 73,500 remaining (CIMB) easy loan arrangement for potential buyer

Bedrooms : 4
Bathrooms : 3
Address : Lot 5974 Siang-Siang Garden No.2, Jalan Airport Miri

General Description:-
Renovated kitchen hall and extended tiled floorings up to front gate.
Upfront Deposit & renovations = RM45,000/-
Stainless steel grills & security doors
2 sets exlusive sofas & colapseable/portable shelves with roomy living & kitchen hall
Quiet neibourhood & 2car parking lot.
Asking rental RM1,000.00 (fully furnished,Astro,TV,Icebox,etc)
Ideal for 4single working ladies, 1 room each

Special Quote:
No broker, direct seeing is believing with the owner himself

(J.Howard) #33

why quoting me?

(ranny) #34

renting a house you are throwing money down the drain…end of the day you have nothing (except old sofa set worth RM 300??)

I have a small house but a good area so increased nearly 100% in 5 years

(g@b@nTr0m3n) #35

i wan 2 buy another hse oso…from hiltop to tmn tunku area is prefered choice…

(ranny) #36

just remember taman tunku, senadin, tudan ect…all so far away, just like going to ulu.

if want to get one loaf of bread takes 30 min to go to town.

(J.Howard) #37

[quote=“ranny”]just remember taman tunku, senadin, tudan ect…all so far away, just like going to ulu.

if want to get one loaf of bread takes 30 min to go to town.[/quote]

LOL…you think Tudan people would go to town to get a loaf of bread?
got E-mart, so near one. even if they want to buy a car, they can get at E-mart.

(ranny) #38

e-mart like a RM 2 superstore on a big scale

everything cheap and crap at the same time

(heatherfernando) #39

RPR actually have very old houses which have not been stayed in for many years. we went house hunting many years back there but the houses were all in bad condition with a lot of overgrowth and stuff. House walls were cracking, loads of ants, floors cracking, etc. Dont know if it is the same area we are talking about. you would need extra cash to do up the house properly.

(tmt) #40

you mean RPR after the pujut 7 run-about?