Is now good time to buy house?

(kaito) #1

Hi, to all Mirian, want to seek opinion and info about the above topic, especially for first time buyer and lower income people, this info is really usefull. The consideration includes under construction house, new completed and occupy but owner willing to sale. For those who just bought new house can share what are the costs involved, S & P, lawyer fee, valuer fee, etc.

For start, the current info of house for sale is Taman Permai (RPR) with price RM125,999.00 for intermediate and Vista Perdana (SPNB) at RM153,000.00 also intermediate.

Thank you all. :slight_smile:

(GTSW20) #2

just buy when you can.

(Talindra) #3

mm… i would buy if it is for myself to live in… but if it is for investment purpose, then i might check the current and past market conditions… u dont need to rush into buying… do more research and ask around… good luck in finding a new home :slight_smile:

(tmt) #4

Shell going to retrench some of their staffs. get ready ur james bond bag & bargain hunting…

(EDME) #5

Both 2nd handed ma? What year de? Whats the diff between those 2’s land size?
OK, if it still new, and u willing to buy it, sure its better to make a move rite now, nego the price as much as u can to make sure u can effort it. ( buy house require lot of m later on )
So far im also still looking for a house at Permy…
Well, if brand new house, buy now if u can effort, the longer u wait the harder u will get to buy a house. Nowadays intermediate house is really expensive le, so~

(tmt) #6

for those who go back on time but come to office not on time.[/quote]

i disagreed your statement… if the superior o top management got connection with the person… even he/she dont come to work, he/she still will be protected from been sack…

(tmt) #7

if buy 2nd hand house, make sure the loan covers the S&P, lawyer fee, etc…
f not, it will cost u around 6k

(Vixious™) #8

To answer the originator’s question above.

If for own stay :
Yes. The earlier you buy, the better it is. Of course, make sure you’re able to pay the loan and get ready some saving for furniture, fixtures and fittings.

If for investment purposes :
Its all depend on what sort of properties, location, price, etc. Need to do lots of homework for this. And ya, thanks to the Govt for re-introducing the RPGT! :evil:

(BoonHLaw) #9

Buy before the price rise again next year.

(Silverwood) #10

Buy house, is the earliest you buy, the more cheaper the price… if wait year after year… the price will increased year after year too… some other things can be cheaper by year but house will not be cheaper… i think before you buy a car you buy a house 1st… better!

(kaito) #11

Thank you all for the informative inputs, the two house mention earlier are new house and as first time buyer, yes to stay in.

So the summary:

• the earlier you buy the better it is - more cheaper and price keep increasing every year.
  • new house, S n P is free and no valuer fee, insurance (MRTA), 10% d/payment, lawyer fee and etc cost around RM?K
  • old house; have to prepare money for all S n P, valuer, MRTA, d/payment, lawyer fee and etc, cost around RM6K.
  • other costs is furniture, fixtures and fitting …just remember … money for cukai pintu/house assessment ( RM?), installing electricity and water supply (RM?)

It seem the costs are keep increasing to own a house… :cry: that’s mean for a house at price RM100K, have to prepare more than RM20k? hai yoo …! like this have to stay at Sting Garden lorr… :frowning:

(dash) #12

its actually like that lor. bear in mind that buying a house is not like buying some toys. u have to have commitment to pay for the loans and save for everything that is to be used for the house, for e.g. furniture n fittings, lights, curtains, tiles and etc and etc. But ur not alone, most of ppl is doing the same thing, if others can do it, why not u?

For me, i think there is no good time or bad time buying a house. the question is are u ready to buy it and commit to pay the loans on monthly basis for couple of decades plus give up all the savings including EPF for the house u buy.

btw, this does not apply to the HIGH ‘income’ earner or ppl who have ‘SUPPORT’ from their parents. what im pointing here is the middle class and the low class earner, especially for those who are at the end of ‘PAK THO’ n getting to start a small family.

I started to pay my family housing loan at teenagers age after middle school. and that time, my family house only cost RM60k+. last year i bought a new house costing around RM300k, n this year the price has increased to RM330k.

Hope my opinion can help u decide whether now is a good time to buy house or not. And if ur buying for investment, do remember that from next year 2010 onwards, the Gov will impose 5% tax gain on the property u sold

(J.Howard) #13

[quote=“kaito”]Hi, to all Mirian, want to seek opinion and info about the above topic, especially for first time buyer and lower income people, this info is really usefull. The consideration includes under construction house, new completed and occupy but owner willing to sale. For those who just bought new house can share what are the costs involved, S & P, lawyer fee, valuer fee, etc.

For start, the current info of house for sale is Taman Permai (RPR) with price RM125,999.00 for intermediate and Vista Perdana (SPNB) at RM153,000.00 also intermediate.

Thank you all. :)[/quote]

[quote=“dash”]its actually like that lor. bear in mind that buying a house is not like buying some toys. u have to have commitment to pay for the loans and save for everything that is to be used for the house, for e.g. furniture n fittings, lights, curtains, tiles and etc and etc. But ur not alone, most of ppl is doing the same thing, if others can do it, why not u?

For me, i think there is no good time or bad time buying a house. the question is are u ready to buy it and commit to pay the loans on monthly basis for couple of decades plus give up all the savings including EPF for the house u buy.

btw, this does not apply to the HIGH ‘income’ earner or ppl who have ‘SUPPORT’ from their parents. what im pointing here is the middle class and the low class earner, especially for those who are at the end of ‘PAK THO’ n getting to start a small family.

I started to pay my family housing loan at teenagers age after middle school. and that time, my family house only cost RM60k+. last year i bought a new house costing around RM300k, n this year the price has increased to RM330k.

Hope my opinion can help u decide whether now is a good time to buy house or not. And if ur buying for investment, do remember that from next year 2010 onwards, the Gov will impose 5% tax gain on the property u sold[/quote]

what ever Dash said. he pretty much sums it all.

but be advise, dont think about the commitment. but think of your comfort when owning a house.
i rented 3 houses for the last 4 years with my colleagues. at some degree, it suck.
p/s: its a good time to select new curtain too…

told my junior…but degil one.

(kaito) #14

dash, howard,
Thanks guys, I really put lots of thinking on this decision and you are right not only affordability but comfortability is also important. I want a house that I feel comfortable in it even if it is not spacious and expensive which obviously I can’t afford but something that is just nice to stay in.

Just hoping the neighbors are nice too, not like workshop at one side and koreoke/pub on the other side then talking and laughing loudly even the next, next, next… house also can hear…then making your front space as their everyday parking lot … :cry: :evil:

Buy house and then car …I’ve been thinking about this too… ever since I start working, after moved in into new house then I have extra money that previously used to pay rental to pay for car…

When vixious mention about RPGT (Real Property Gain Tax), I totally have no ideas of what it is. I look for it on the net and found out it was tax impose (5%) to either company or individual which selling properties starting from 1st Jan 2010. So I’m thinking that those who want to sale house … probably now is a good time and it’s also for potential buyer too (like me and others who are looking for house). :slight_smile:

about RPGT = Real Property Gains Tax (RPGT) | RealEstateAgent.com.my

(HandsomeGuy) #15

Most young people (especially those who have just entered the workforce) will prefer to spend their money on car or buy new car when they have enough money… as most are living comfortably with their parents (or inherited houses from parents if they are rich) :wink:
If you are not in hurry of buying a house to move in / getting married, then I would suggest you take your time to look around for bargain on second-hand house that suited your budget and location preference. You could get a good deal…

(J.Howard) #16

[quote=“HandsomeGuy”]Most young people (especially those who have just entered the workforce) will prefer to spend their money on car or buy new car when they have enough money… as most are living comfortably with their parents (or inherited houses from parents if they are rich) :wink:
If you are not in hurry of buying a house to move in / getting married, then I would suggest you take your time to look around for bargain on second-hand house that suited your budget and location preference. You could get a good deal…[/quote]

talking about 2nd hand house, why dont check out houses kena lelong by the court?
you can get a good deal too…

(tmt) #17

[quote=“J.Howard”][quote=“HandsomeGuy”]Most young people (especially those who have just entered the workforce) will prefer to spend their money on car or buy new car when they have enough money… as most are living comfortably with their parents (or inherited houses from parents if they are rich) :wink:
If you are not in hurry of buying a house to move in / getting married, then I would suggest you take your time to look around for bargain on second-hand house that suited your budget and location preference. You could get a good deal…[/quote]

talking about 2nd hand house, why dont check out houses kena lelong by the court?
you can get a good deal too…[/quote]

you mean go to court house? do they list those bankruptcy ppl?

(J.Howard) #18

my senior at workplace always read this notices in newspaper.
last week he shown me a house at Pujut area. a double storey house…can get at RM1xx xxx. forgot the actual figure.

(tmt) #19

the house kena lelong…?

(HandsomeGuy) #20

Heard that usually the lelong houses by the court are controlled by some syndicate who always tender the houses at much lower prices and seems to get what they wanted.