iPhone iPTT (Push-To-Talk walkie-talkie) app

Hello iphone fans, there’s an app called iPTT which is a push-to-talk walkie-talkie style application.
it is free and run off Wi-Fi or 3G network and you can talk/listen to the world, or create you own channel!
I’ve tried it and it’s quite fun. Give it a try.

Note to those who have sign up and still waiting for activation email. For what ever reason the activation email must be open using computer and it is sent to your Spam box instead of inbox. You cannot use iPhone for activation.

Any iPhone user have tried this app? Try go to channel 08.5 or 08.6 once in a while, I found it is the least used so far. Maybe Miri iPhone user can gather here. or just “parked” at those channels.

cheers

OMG… i also want get this application…

Now with dataplan or 3g basically you can :-

1. call oversea via SKPE account at very very low price
  2. call to PC for free
  3. call to other smartphone with skpe for free
  4. call to fixline at very low price
  5. chat for free

I am using 2g with digi edge is already quite good, I havent tried 3g iphone but it will be better. You will need to installl some program since you cannot call using SKPE on 3G service, there is program to open this up.

I wanna try the iPTT too

[quote=“jt7618”]Now with dataplan or 3g basically you can :-

1. call oversea via SKPE account at very very low price
  2. call to PC for free
  3. call to other smartphone with skpe for free
  4. call to fixline at very low price
  5. chat for free

I am using 2g with digi edge is already quite good, I havent tried 3g iphone but it will be better. You will need to installl some program since you cannot call using SKPE on 3G service, there is program to open this up.
[/quote]
Thanks for the info, I used to have the Fring & Skype but forgot the password, long time no use. Most of my friend don’t use iPhone, they are Nokia & BlackBerry, so I use eBuddy & IM+ for messaging with them.

There are few others walkie-talkie style apps but mostly paid apps. Free app I think the iPTT is the best. Some works on bluetooth but ranger is very near. Check it out at iTune store, type search “walkie talkie” on your iPhone and the list is more, if search on pc the list is short.

There are some changes at iPTT, new channels added. One of the channel is Brunei channel at 12.5.

Maybe can set a channel for Miri too…

Well, they have added channel for Malaysia at channel 12.2 but always empty there, nobody chat there!