Info abt miri hospital

Hey thr, Il b joining miri hosp in 4mnths time. Till nw i duno anytin abt d hosp. Cn any1 kindly share any info abt miri hosp wif me pls??

wht u wanna know about it?? transport? bus? taxi? room for rental? or internal bout hospital? which hospital u mean? General Hospital at Lopeng, Polyclinic at Tudan or MCO at Tanjung?

:?: :?: :mrgreen:

Im sory LEX84, im nt sure which hospital but d address given 2 me is… Hospital Miri, Jalan Cahaya Lopeng, 98000 Miri. Actually i’l b joining for housemanship, so i lk 2 knw few tings abt d hosp n miri:

1. Hw big is d hosp?
  2. Hw far is d hosp frm city centr?
  3. Hw mch for room or house rental?
  4. Abt food… compared 2 peninsula, is it xpnsiv?
  5. Public transprt reliable here?

Thanx alot…rly appreciate it.

[quote=“Warren”]Im sory LEX84, im nt sure which hospital but d address given 2 me is… Hospital Miri, Jalan Cahaya Lopeng, 98000 Miri. Actually i’l b joining for housemanship, so i lk 2 knw few tings abt d hosp n miri:

1. Hw big is d hosp?
  2. Hw far is d hosp frm city centr?
  3. Hw mch for room or house rental?
  4. Abt food… compared 2 peninsula, is it xpnsiv?
  5. Public transprt reliable here?

Thanx alot…rly appreciate it.[/quote]

1. Hw big is d hosp? Quite big…mmm not big enough if i could say so.
  2. Hw far is d hosp frm city centr? 5min ++ (not that far)
  3. Hw mch for room or house rental? Room 300 n above House rm600 n above Apartment rm1200 n above.
  4. Abt food… compared 2 peninsula, is it xpnsiv? Almost same as langkawi… hehe Xpensiv-er than kch 4 sure.
  5. Public transprt reliable here? Not bad… i think.hehe better than kch 4 sure.

Not really helping am i…hehe.i hope u got the overall idea.

wah, please avoid using short form or sms wordings here. else we will be having difficulties to understand your questions :mrgreen:

Thanks for your information 7JITSU, very kind of you.

VeilSupra…sorry for using short forms, would not happen again.

So in general what’s your opinion on miri, in terms of the locals, food and entertainment? How different is it from peninsula cities?
While browsing, i found out miri is a resort city. So i assume there are many tourist here, true?

My sister works in Miri Hospital. I send her to work sometimes.I think it not is not very big hospital like Kuching.
Which part of Peninsula you are from?. Do not compare KL to Miri. I think you must be in mid 20’s now. If you get a right group of friends , Miri has everything you are looking for, except Cineplex.
How good are people in Miri?. You can experience by yourself. Mc.Net is good site for you to get more info.
For place to stay in Miri. You can either look at north Miri ( Permyjaya ) or south Miri ( Riam, Da Sing garden , near airport ). North Miri traffic can be bad during office hours. If you get a place in the center of Miri, it will be good. Any way your travel time will vary from 10 mts to 40 mts, furthest being Permyjaya ( Traffic congestion ).
For food , it is reasonably ok , though you can’t expect like variety available in KL.
Entertainment - depends what you are looking for?.
Travel - Public transport in Miri, it is not bad. But advisable you have your own transport.There are about 10 daily flights to KL ( Air Asia & MAS).
Miri Resort City - Miri is already a city, now it is developing to be a resort city. Many tourists in the city ? not really. You will see foreigners around but most of them working in Oil and Gas Industry.
Finally,You will not regret coming to Miri.

Bravo Bones !

Thumb up bones. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Bones”]My sister works in Miri Hospital. I send her to work sometimes.I think it not is not very big hospital like Kuching.
Which part of Peninsula you are from?. Do not compare KL to Miri. I think you must be in mid 20’s now. If you get a right group of friends , Miri has everything you are looking for, except Cineplex.
How good are people in Miri?. You can experience by yourself. Mc.Net is good site for you to get more info.
For place to stay in Miri. You can either look at north Miri ( Permyjaya ) or south Miri ( Riam, Da Sing garden , near airport ). North Miri traffic can be bad during office hours. If you get a place in the center of Miri, it will be good. Any way your travel time will vary from 10 mts to 40 mts, furthest being Permyjaya ( Traffic congestion ).
For food , it is reasonably ok , though you can’t expect like variety available in KL.
Entertainment - depends what you are looking for?.
Travel - Public transport in Miri, it is not bad. But advisable you have your own transport.There are about 10 daily flights to KL ( Air Asia & MAS).
Miri Resort City - Miri is already a city, now it is developing to be a resort city. Many tourists in the city ? not really. You will see foreigners around but most of them working in Oil and Gas Industry.
Finally,You will not regret coming to Miri.[/quote]

Thats plenty of infomation…thanx alot Bones.
I’m from ipoh but i’ve spent many years in kl. Frankly, kl is not my type of city. I’m really looking foward for life in miri.

We welcome you with open arms…In my opinion ,miri the best city in sarawak.

Thank you everyone… all of you are wonderful people.

hey Warren or anyone else here…I’m am planning to apply to miri hospital for housemanship, could you guys tell me what you like and dislike about the hospital? I’d really appreciate that.

also, hows miri treating you?