In dilemma...Proton Exora,Perodua Alza or Toyota Avanza

need ur guys opinion…

im planning to get a mpv,between those 3 which should i take ??? im on tight rule budget,cn go juz for 60-70k only…

i like toyota but the new avanza look very dull n buruk,cn we request the old design ?

for proton exora,planning to get the bold cfe but i really hate malaysian car…

planning also alza sr but nvr use perodua,is it ok?

comment plsss…tq…

IMHO, Perodua Alza has the best bang for your buck. Quality wise, much better than Proton. Price wise, much cheaper than Toyota.

Isn’t Perodua a Malaysian car???. Basically you have answered your own dilemma.

go for proton exora…cfe bold…the power of the engine more less like 2.0 mpv…i think so… :smiley:

I would have the same problem of choosing betwen the three when my budget is lke yours. However, these are the things I like and dislike about the models you chose:

Proton Exora Bold CFE: Was impressed with the pick up but don’t know whether the test drive unit has being given an ‘extra’ performance to impress potential buyers. I like the headroom and the spaciousness but have heard that it is thirsty. Maybe, other forumer can provide the fuel consumption figures.

Perodua Alza: Liked the design but might have the problem cooling the second and third row passengers judging from my Myvi aircond performance.

Toyota Avanza: I thought the new look (facelift) is pretty good. Quite impressed with the cabin and cockpit but am worried about the higher maintenane service charges. However, I’m impresed with Toyota Service Bay and workshop.

lol yes i knw…but i hve nvr test drive or even drive a perodua…proton ? can be called protongggg…

Similar thread from LYN Fast & Furious. Poll winner: Proton Exora CFE

Maybe you can read the posts there.

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=2418629&hl=

But make sure you test drive to finalise which car you want.

a big no to exora…yes it is really really thirsty…

i hv to admit Exora Bold does look good…but how’s the maintenance for 3 of the listed cars? i got a 1st gen Avanza…reaching 7 years soon no problem as far as i can remember…but the pickup…lol…
Perodua recently announce Alza Advanced rite? any different compare to previous gen?

[quote=“Eugene91”]Similar thread from LYN Fast & Furious. Poll winner: Proton Exora CFE

Maybe you can read the posts there.

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=2418629&hl=

But make sure you test drive to finalise which car you want.[/quote]

hmmm…conclusion…

alza more like 5 seater…

exora got quecking sound…

avanza no prblm :wink:

But Avanza ride doesn’t feel good… I have a 1st Gen Avanza as well… People from the automotive community say that the new Avanza 2012 still uses the same old platform/chassis… so… You better test drive 1st.

hmmm…

then should test drive all 3 model…

nissan livina around wat range nw ??? maybe wanna test drive s well…

finally, I have chosen Alza.

i heard Alza got auto gearbox problem?
tidak sampai 6 bulan sudah problem.
google around and you will see few cases.
Manual no problem.
I know alza gearbox is the same with vios. but why vios no problem?
i like alza but after reading few forums in the internet, i just don’t want headache if sumthing happen.
we’re in east Malaysia, not west Malaysia. susah wo if kereta got problem~

if you use that MPV to travel around ‘Pan Borneo Highway’ better choose Exora Bold. Handling, pick up & space better than other competitor. If just for city driving or sometime travel to Batu Niah/Bekenu/Kuala Baram, other model is acceptable.

Just my opinion.

Better you test drive all first. Feel the pick up & handling.

If you always travel along ‘Pan Borneo Highway’ better choose Exora CFE. Handling & pick up better than other competitors. It also has cvt gerbox. For me avanza & alza just have 4AT gearbox - jerking and feel not enough gear to overtake along ‘Pan Borneo Highway’. If you just use it for city driving & short travel, I suggest alza. Just my opinion.

Do the test drive before you buy it. Test the pick up and handling.

i would take alza. definitely worth the value. only thing is not as spacious as exora.

exora:- good = 1) fast pick up 2) spacious inside. bad = 1) high fuel consumption 2) lots of internal problems. 2 friends of mine got it less than a year. 1st was engine leak, couldn’t fix after few months in the workshop so replaced with a new car. 2nd was car went dead suddenly. not the battery or fuel. mechanic just said was the ignition switch. 3) its body still like cola tin compare with the other 2.

avanza:- good = 1) its brand, got resale value 2) not many complain. bad = 1) not powerful 2) bumpy 3) high fuel usage

+++

[quote=“silv3r”]i heard Alza got auto gearbox problem?
tidak sampai 6 bulan sudah problem.
google around and you will see few cases.
Manual no problem.
I know alza gearbox is the same with vios. but why vios no problem?
i like alza but after reading few forums in the internet, i just don’t want headache if sumthing happen.
we’re in east Malaysia, not west Malaysia. susah wo if kereta got problem~[/quote]
gosh !! just got Alza, hopefully no gearbox prob.

[quote=“Alejandro”]i would take alza. definitely worth the value. only thing is not as spacious as exora.

exora:- good = 1) fast pick up 2) spacious inside. bad = 1) high fuel consumption 2) lots of internal problems. 2 friends of mine got it less than a year. 1st was engine leak, couldn’t fix after few months in the workshop so replaced with a new car. 2nd was car went dead suddenly. not the battery or fuel. mechanic just said was the ignition switch. 3) its body still like cola tin compare with the other 2.

avanza:- good = 1) its brand, got resale value 2) not many complain. bad = 1) not powerful 2) bumpy 3) high fuel usage

+++[/quote]

toyota avanza high fuel usage?anyone could rectify ths ?

[quote=“ah kong”][quote=“Alejandro”]i would take alza. definitely worth the value. only thing is not as spacious as exora.

+++[/quote]

toyota avanza high fuel usage?anyone could rectify ths ?[/quote]

DVVVT should be okay kua…