Imperial Shopping Mall Food Court

This is to inform everyone what happened from a lunch meal ordered at ‘Permata Point’.
Ordered 2 plates of fast food with the following dishes:

1st plate: bidin, short beans c.w. sliced tofu, and butter chicken (cubes)

2nd plate: one slice of asam fish (small), bean sprouts, and a fried chicken wing

Price for both plates: [size=150]RM17 [/size]

This feels like a rip off to me. So if anyone of you going to have lunch there anytime soon, please think twice. I’m not sure about other stalls, no comments on those.

Maybe its better if have pics along with the price.

I wanted to, but i was sitting quite far from the stall in the end. Besides, the cashier don’t give receipt, she just press calculator, and charge you. So no receipt was issued.

halal food always cost more…

I’ve eaten there before…they always charge unreasonably coz nobody monitor and most of ppl eats there for 1st time and most don go for 2nd time…u try sunday…maybe a plate cost u RM10…so cekik darah one…

Wow… I actually went to their stall and have a look tat day.
But i know as usual. Malay food owez nt cheap. So not go eat it.
I mean look at 1malaysia dish najib ate. Rm4 nia. But we go eat more than double lol

did u pay for the food? if yes, then meaning u’ve agreed with the price. and it’s not fair for the food seller that u complaint after u’ve finished the food.

To be clear on the intent, this is not a complaint but an awareness to the local consumers. I wasn’t aware initially, hence I paid for the hefty price. It’s ok for me considering I’ve taken the foods, so no big deal since we have to rush back to the office after meal.
Looking from the ‘value of money’ point of view, it’s ridiculous and I believe 9 out of 10 victims will not keep their mouth shut.

Just doing my part to help the community/consumers to get the most out of their hard earned $$, to eat or not after reading this is their own decision. Hope this clarifies…

This is why the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer. I like your quote considering you still can remember our PM’s lunch plate value…

it’s not fair for customer also when food seller charge unreasonably unless the price clearly stated in menu or signboard in-front of the stall…mix rice usually dont have specific charge as i noticed,its according to food seller to decide…if it was too expensive for u dont go there anymore.there’s a lot of food stall in miri which provide good customer service,quality food and reasonable price…the choice is in ur hands…

Do we have the rights to cancel the purchase after we have taken / chosen the foods if the charges are unreasonable ???

i been there once.
a rice a drumstick & little of peanut - RM7

wont be there second time.
Better dine at Muara Restaurant. Lelapan Ayam only cost RM9 (full drumstick, beancurb, cabbage, tempe, rice, cucumber, another 2 vege).

agreed.

[quote=“brianl2c”]i been there once.
a rice a drumstick & little of peanut - RM7

wont be there second time.
Better dine at Muara Restaurant. Lelapan Ayam only cost RM9 (full drumstick, beancurb, cabbage, tempe, rice, cucumber, another 2 vege).[/quote]

yup, same goes to me… rice + drumstick + sayur = rm8, i was shocked :shock: , so i ask the cashier, how come so expensive, then she told me that “the drumstick already cost rm5”, then of coz sayur rm2 n rice rm1, after that i never come back to eat there again…

There were different stall at Food Court. Just go and order from a stall that you think has a reasonable price and good food. My friend only rented them the whole Food Court for their own business, so she cannot control the stall’s owner for setting their own price and cooking bad food as long as they abide the rules and pay their rents.

There was a Malay stall there with an Indian chef at the right wing of Food Court. Forgot the stall’s name. For me, his food was quite good! Can try.

For Malay Economic food, I still prefer Pumasera~

[quote=“tonyops”]To be clear on the intent, this is not a complaint but an awareness to the local consumers. I wasn’t aware initially, hence I paid for the hefty price. It’s ok for me considering I’ve taken the foods, so no big deal since we have to rush back to the office after meal.
Looking from the ‘value of money’ point of view, it’s ridiculous and I believe 9 out of 10 victims will not keep their mouth shut.

Just doing my part to help the community/consumers to get the most out of their hard earned $$, to eat or not after reading this is their own decision. Hope this clarifies…[/quote]

agree with u…everybody can go and try for themselves…sometime its good to have somebody do the talking and the rest can be cautious…

One piece of chicken normally costs RM2.00, a piece of Assam fish costs RM 3.00.

[quote=“fadly_robin”][quote=“tonyops”]To be clear on the intent, this is not a complaint but an awareness to the local consumers. I wasn’t aware initially, hence I paid for the hefty price. It’s ok for me considering I’ve taken the foods, so no big deal since we have to rush back to the office after meal.

Just doing my part to help the community/consumers to get the most out of their hard earned $$, to eat or not after reading this is their own decision. Hope this clarifies…[/quote]

agree with u…everybody can go and try for themselves…sometime its good to have somebody do the talking and the rest can be cautious…[/quote]
Thank you for the support. Too bad sometimes people mistaken the intent but it’s ok. As long as my message is delivered that’s the point.

In that case, can you break down the rest of the RM12 ???

In that case, can you break down the rest of the RM12 ???[/quote]

the stall rent? some gst perhaps?